I had my mother on my family plan while she was out of work. She no longer needed it, and thus mailed me the phone (sim out, battery out yada yada.) Someone was nice enough to steal the package out of my mailbox. Now, long story short i have left the phone active and have been watching their activity with it (since hey it's my account, i can see anything i want to.) They even went as far as downloading new ringtones and wallpapers, it's as if they really think it's their phone!

Anyhow, i just noticed AT&T has the family map. Am I able to download this and track the stolen phone? Or will that phone be notified, or would i need to have that phone in my possession first? this could be perfect for my needs right now
    07-14-12 09:35 AM
    Only real way to find out is to go into an att store and tell them the story.
    07-16-12 12:31 AM
    I've been using it, until today the phone has been turned off and unable to be located. Tonight, they turned it on and it pinged it to within seven yards of a direct hit on a convicted violent whose out on parole. What are the fn chances of that?
    07-17-12 08:06 PM
    doesn't shock me these days, turn the sucker in
    07-18-12 07:41 AM
    doesn't shock me these days, turn the sucker in
    Done and done. You have NO idea what this all just uncovered. I'll explain when it's set in stone, but I guess everything does happen for a reason. The theft of this phone turned out to be a very good thing.
    07-18-12 07:49 PM
    Done and done. You have NO idea what this all just uncovered. I'll explain when it's set in stone, but I guess everything does happen for a reason. The theft of this phone turned out to be a very good thing.
    Well now I'm intrigued!
    07-18-12 08:31 PM
    Michelle, once the OP updates, can we get this on your blog?

Edit: nvm. BB Protect wasn't involved (right?) and I'd hate for AT&T to get press off of my suggestion
    Last edited by raino; 07-18-12 at 09:25 PM.
    07-18-12 09:22 PM
    Michelle, once the OP updates, can we get this on your blog?

Edit: nvm. BB Protect wasn't involved (right?) and I'd hate for AT&T to get press off of my suggestion
    Lol, depends on the story :P
    07-18-12 11:03 PM
    FamilyMap is built for tracking your Family members but you can use that to track your stolen phone. It works with almost all At&t phones but it would be still recommended to get answer of your question from company directly.
    I just come across page blog.getspool.com/96/att-familymap-iphone-ipad-android/ saying that At&t is still reliable and best option to track your family members. Hope it might help you to get satisfactory answer.
    03-22-14 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD