First, did you all notice how very few comments are posted in this carrier forum? So long ad the company feels that there are no issues from its blackberry users, they will continue to push forward with Apple and android. Very few have followed up on enhanced push to talk for blackberry 10, even the post on CB died off quickly! The failure to allow a maintenance release fizzled out of sight, how many even mentioned that the ability for all users to use bbm video without wifi was supposed to be accomplished months ago? Isis appears and not one blackberry is mentioned! I continues and everyone is eerily silent!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 06:23 AM
    AT&T has traditionally been slow with updates. The rest of your points I'm not sure can be placed on their doorstep.
    11-30-13 06:26 AM
    Slow is one thing, neglect is a practiced feat which AT&T has mastered. The company along with blackberry both have listened ptt from Kodiak networks, it is available for every android phone, blackberry of old, most Nokia and windows phones and the Apple iphones and has been for quite some time. The blackberry is nfc capable and has far better communicative abilities than any Samsung handset, I read their press releases as well. It's clear bastardization.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 06:31 AM
    ATT looks for money as a driving force. So far the company must see too little profit in BlackBerry. So long as that is the state of affairs we will continue to suffer. At least leaked OS is available even if hardware and options for function lag a bit.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    11-30-13 07:26 AM
    It's called Customer Service! AT&T has forgotten about its loyal BlackBerry user base. Why hasn't CrackBerry wrote articles about carriers holding up releases? Especially AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:50 AM
    I'm a long time ATT customer and yes, you are correct. They will not allow cellular vid chat, not even through BBM. They lock down bb's always have. Back on legacy with using so much less data than an android or ios phone I paid the same for data. They were also the only carrier in the world I believe, that blocked bridge access to the PlayBook. Att is not subtle in their dismissal of BlackBerry. Send them a message about anything, you get a reply back almost immediately. Send them a message about BlackBerry, any of the issues I describe, and you'll never get a response. I have, numerous times, and no response.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    sam81 likes this.
    11-30-13 12:00 PM
    They do allow BBM Video over network and Wi Fi

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 05:29 PM
    For those om a tiered data plan, they do. For those of us that still have unlimited data, so far they have lied again as the end of summer has passed!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 06:56 PM
    For those om a tiered data plan, they do. For those of us that still have unlimited data, so far they have lied again as the end of summer has passed!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you're right. I was looking for the setting that is grayed out but I can't seem to find it. All I know is it works on android, but they've got it turned off for BlackBerry.

11-30-13 07:01 PM
    I'm a long time ATT customer and yes, you are correct. They will not allow cellular vid chat, not even through BBM. They lock down bb's always have. Back on legacy with using so much less data than an android or ios phone I paid the same for data. They were also the only carrier in the world I believe, that blocked bridge access to the PlayBook. Att is not subtle in their dismissal of BlackBerry. Send them a message about anything, you get a reply back almost immediately. Send them a message about BlackBerry, any of the issues I describe, and you'll never get a response. I have, numerous times, and no response.

What do you mean by, "They will not allow cellular vid chat? " My Skype works perfectly fine as it pertains to video chat, and I'm still running official OS Version 10.1.0.2025, with unlimited data.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:22 AM
    They do allow BBM Video over network and Wi Fi

Posted via CB10
    Ah, I missed your post. That clarifies the situation.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:24 AM
    I have 5 z10 on unlimited international data and all have Bbm voice and video work on network, even when abroad. I had to call for each phone to get it working but it works great

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 06:22 AM
    For those of us on the grandfathered unlimited plans, it has been turned off. It will only work for us on wifi. If we want it, we need to get rid of our plans.

They told us this would be corrected months ago, then never did anything about it.

I have friends on android. Everyone does. but on the same grandfathered plan, and this option has not been disabled for them. Apparently it's only BlackBerry users.

12-01-13 09:17 AM
    For those of us on the grandfathered unlimited plans, it has been turned off. It will only work for us on wifi. If we want it, we need to get rid of our plans.

They told us this would be corrected months ago, then never did anything about it.

I have friends on android. Everyone does. but on the same grandfathered plan, and this option has not been disabled for them. Apparently it's only BlackBerry users.

I have grandfather unlimited it was not working I called and they added it with out cost or changing my plan

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 10:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am very disappointed with ATT and boy do they know this as of late. I've been a long time customer and let them know that I will not change platforms but their handling of BB10 had been the worst consumer mobile phone experience.

QNX posted via CB10
    Last edited by VictorRight; 12-01-13 at 02:14 PM.
    12-01-13 01:41 PM
    I have grandfather unlimited it was not working I called and they added it with out cost or changing my plan

Posted via CB10
    Wow! You must've got someone in a good day! I've called several times, and an told I need to change my plan, even after telling them about my android friends! I'm going to start calling again!

12-01-13 02:02 PM
    It's called Customer Service! AT&T has forgotten about its loyal BlackBerry user base. Why hasn't CrackBerry wrote articles about carriers holding up releases? Especially AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    Cause Crackberry could care less about US carriers or customers. They have proven this time and again, once an OS update is released they do their writeup then they move on. Heck one podcast Kevin didn't know that the USA market didn't get the MR update.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 01:32 PM
    Cause Crackberry could care less about US carriers or customers. They have proven this time and again, once an OS update is released they do their writeup then they move on. Heck one podcast Kevin didn't know that the USA market didn't get the MR update.

Posted via CB10
    Because people don't always know?... and nobody thought they were so imcompetent. I guess they are more than that now...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 01:34 PM
    I called today about my upgrade. When I asked if they had the new device they said they have it in the back because they are going to stop carrying it in the stores because blackberry isn't making anymore phones. True????
    milo53 likes this.
    12-14-13 10:50 PM
    I called today about my upgrade. When I asked if they had the new device they said they have it in the back because they are going to stop carrying it in the stores because blackberry isn't making anymore phones. True????
    Have not heard anything regarding this. Although would not be surprised it is AT&T. Will do a little research see if I can find anything out.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 12:44 AM
    I called AT&T this morning to ask about OS 2. I can say this about AT&T: the company well and truly sucks.
    "We don;t know when it will be available. It's still in testing."
    privateeyes likes this.
    12-20-13 09:31 AM
    It's not in testing. How did this go from bastardization to a full blown argument in the forum? Anyway, you have to look at a few things here. The store reps make and have not made any reference to a blackberry phone since bb10 was released. If it is not Samsung or apple, there isn't a chance in hell. It take a person with a brain to use a blackberry sufficiently and reps are playing customers as stupid. No marketing from at&t, and no sales which means that they have purposely moved it to the dead on arrival list. No push to talk for any bb10 phone but it is available for the iPhone and every android phone they have? Video calling over cellular turned out to be a lie and the fact that they have not released an update yet continue to release them for Samsung is telling. The reason why they do this is because it is not in the news or a constant conversation on any blogs. This is why forums were created. Complaints can be made in a forum and kept out of the public eye. You want change, start talking publicly about it.

Posted via CB10
    Thewaxedworm and eywong like this.
    12-25-13 09:11 AM
    AT&T is the worst at releasing anything for BlackBerry. This is one of the most frustrating thing about using this carrier.

Posted via Q10
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    12-31-13 02:51 AM
    I suppose I can add a bit to this post.

Yes, I can confirm that AT&T is removing blackberry products from their stores. I was shopping for my Q10 a few weeks ago, and zero out of the ten shops had the Q10 in stock and only a few had the Z10. I ended up needing to order online.

With that being said, not only are they removing them from the stored but they're trying their damn hardest to turn people away from BB10. Almost every store I went into questioned me, not out of curiosity but clearly out of disgust, why on earth I would dare choose a blackberry. One store even had the nerve to show me their selection of El cheapo feature phones on the gophone rack when I told them I wanted a keyboard. Another store asked me if I had ever used "a real smartphone with real apps" (I **** YOU NOT, THOSE WERE HER EXACT WORDS) and to make that statement worse, they already knew I was using a Lumia 920 for almost a year, and was quite pleased with it. They tried their hardest not to sell it to me. It was truly shocking.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 03:21 AM
    Maybe, it's time for all those on AT&T carrier with BlackBerries to leave AT&T all together. But then again all U.S carriers are doing the same.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 06:28 AM
57 123