Hey guys,

As an FYI.

I was perusing my AT&T online account this morning and noticed I had over 100 Int'l SMS texts. (At .25 a pop).

The most recent occuring this morning while on the way to work.

The only problem is I know of no one that was out of the country. In fact one of the numbers that was being billed as international was from and to my gf. I can assure you she is not out of the country :-)

So as an FYI. Go online to your account and check your usage. If you are being billed for international in error. Call AT&T and get a case started and get it resolved.

I would hate for anyone to get surprised with a $800 bill

Thanks guys
    12-09-09 11:30 AM
    Hello,

I see my son has 18 intl texts on his phone (1 of the five on my family plan). Basically it's all texts sent from his iPhone that show a phone numer instead of 'phone' in the to/from column since the morning of 12/8. If it was one or two I would maybe understand, but in this case it's all texts since yeserday morning.

I asked the rep about it and he was pretty clueless but would but a notation in the record.
    12-09-09 12:35 PM
    The rep told me they had some sort of error happen with their international very recently. I have over 1000 texts so far to pretty much the same people and it was within the last day that started billing as int'l instead of "unlim dom."

I would make sure they open a case. Noting it in the record seems to me like could go to the wayside very easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 02:08 PM
    I had my son talk to them as well and they opened a case and the person said he would check back in a few days as well as at the beginning of the bill cycle. He did note that it looked like the ones flagged international were going through some leased satellite used mostly by cruise ships (if I understood my son correctly). He also noted that 1/2 of the texts between my soon and one of his friends were international so it must be something in the path determination.

Hoping what we did was enough to fix the issue and I don't need to talk to them again...
    12-09-09 04:00 PM
    Just checked again and his count is going up, although not as fast as it once was (I earlier counted every text sent from 12/8 on was international, he's now getting some that aren't international (as far as I can tell)).
    12-09-09 08:24 PM
    Yes, I saw that on my account as well, I also was getting "charged" for data usage. I called AT&T and they saw that I had unlimited text(besides international text) and BB data plan. They notated my account saying I called in and they and I both saw and agreed that I had unlimited text and data plan. They said to call back after my bill comes out and if I am getting charged, they will fix it.
    12-09-09 09:59 PM
    i had that before too, just called in spoke to a nice lady and she took it off
    12-10-09 07:14 PM
    Yes, I saw that on my account as well, I also was getting "charged" for data usage. I called AT&T and they saw that I had unlimited text(besides international text) and BB data plan. They notated my account saying I called in and they and I both saw and agreed that I had unlimited text and data plan. They said to call back after my bill comes out and if I am getting charged, they will fix it.
    I had the same thing. The rep took down the information from me that I did not make or received international texts, and said if it shows up on my bill I should call back, but hopefully I won't see it on the bill.
    12-10-09 09:26 PM
    AT&T knows about it, they are fixing the issue.
    12-11-09 12:42 AM
    I logged into my account earlier this week and noticed the same issue. Hopefully it'll be fixed or AT&T is going to get a call from me when my bill comes.
    12-12-09 04:29 PM
    It's a glitch in At&t's system, they are well aware of it.
    12-12-09 07:13 PM
    I just checked my account again, and AT&T took it off.
    12-14-09 09:05 PM
    Checked my account today and the int'l texts is now officially off.
    Everyone should do this to make sure att caught the problem on your account just to be sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD