[QUOTE=Now look, we're not saying we know for sure that Apple thinks Verizon's latest round of merciless attack ads on its device and US carrier are worth responding to, but these latest iPhone spots would certainly suggest it. A new campaign launching tonight focuses on the iPhone's ability to carry voice and data simultaneously on AT&T's network, and each of the two new TV spots ends with the line "Can your phone and your network do that?" From where we're sitting, it looks like between this new round and AT&T's Luke Wilson-manned comparison spots, both the phonemaker and carrier are fully stepping into the ring. Way to get their attention, guys.[/QUOTE]

Videos here

Apple hits back at Verizon in new iPhone ads (video) -- Engadget
    11-23-09 01:07 PM
    of course they fail to mention that you can only do that on 3G, which is very very small compared to Verizon and even messes up in the middle of town sometimes

hmmm, speaking of, I just went on a 4 hour ride the other day, it was quite nice to have high speed internet the entire time, rather than slow *** EDGE

if someone called, I just paused what I was doing for a sec and answer, just as I would have done if I had AT&T, because they would have been on EDGE

Verizon, should sue for false advertising

lol, I kid about that last part, but I do find it funny that AT&T sues Verizon for false adverstising and turns around and does the same thing
    11-23-09 02:01 PM
    Its sort of like the misfit toys commercial. It seems I read somewhere that Verizon would like to carry the iPhone.

I tried Verizon and got out within my initial 30 days. While their map claimed 3g where I live, I barely had a signal even when standing outside. As to dropped calls, Verizon took the lead. I did wonder how accurate the Verizon maps were.

Their CS people, while polite, were somewhat useless and contradicted each other. All in all, other than being competitors, I'd say VZW and AT&T are about the same. This round of ads reminds me of a similar thing years ago with McDonalds and Burger King. Both benefited from the publicity.

I realize some here will begin the flaming. If the biggest passion in your life is your cell phone carrier, then have at it.
    11-23-09 02:49 PM
    VZW has soooo many dropped calls, and horrible srvc everywhere i need to go...AT&T has 3G everywhere i need to be even though i think they should expand the 3G and overall coverage map...i dnt see anything too special about VZW(not trying to bash RED but i'll pass on them lol)
    11-26-09 11:45 AM
    Guess verizon does not want the iphone afterall, placing it on the island of misfit toys. Will gladly accept a free misfit iphone for christmas. (Need a touchscreen mp3 player for the car)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD