Just bought an AT&T BB 8310. Unlocked it and threw my T-mobile sim in there. Everything worked right off the bat including email and internet- even GPS worked.

The only problem is I'm not getting as good of service as I was prior to using my Tmobile BB 8100 Pearl. I get either "SOS" service in my room or just none at all (usually SOS though). Prior to this phone, I would get at least 1 - 2 bars in my room with the pearl.

Also, outside on my deck instead of full service I'm getting only 1 or 2 bars on EDGE.

Any ideas? I upgraded to the latest AT&T software (4.2 something), because T-mobile doesn't have software for the 8310. It seemed to help out a little bit, but I'm still frequently losing service inside. wtf mate?
    09-07-08 05:20 PM
    did you try upgrading to the 4.5 os?
    09-07-08 08:55 PM
    Funny, I "threw" a TMO sim in my ATT BB and for the most part, got better service...
    09-07-08 09:45 PM
    You get service from the company whose SIM card you are using, not the company you bought the device from (if different). So, plugging in a different SIM card will likely affect the number of bars you get; it's not a problem with a phone but a matter of the new carrier's network strength in your location.
    09-07-08 11:29 PM
    AT&T and TMO use the same GSM system, but I've found that in my case TMO has better signal strength then AT&T... specifically at work. I had TMO for 2 years and had good reception at work, then switched to AT&T/Cingular for 2 years... sometimes I almost no reception... then back to TMO for the last 2 years and I have good reception again... same building, same desk location.

Personally TMO works best for me.
    09-08-08 06:32 AM
    Same here, I get only 2 bars with att and 5 with tmobile with my unlocked att pearl. I have both since ATT is work and my tmobile is personal but sometimes switch sims at home.
    09-08-08 10:35 AM
    My tmo bb is worse signal ay my job then a normal tmo phone but I have wifi so I am happy cause wifi is better signal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 10:46 AM
    My tmo bb is worse signal ay my job then a normal tmo phone but I have wifi so I am happy cause wifi is better signal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 01:30 PM
    did you try upgrading to the 4.5 os?
    I thought it is only for the 8320? I have the 8310.

It's just weird because I got much better service on my 8100 from T-mobile with the SAME sim card from t-mobile.

What device software should I be using? I'm currently on the latest that AT&T offers off blackberry's site.
    09-09-08 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD