AT&T 3G MicroCell™

Launch finally I guess...

Only certain areas so far.

Apparently they say that if you start the call inside your house on the microcell, and walk outside and go automaticly to the tower without dropping that call is still unlimited until it drops haha, that's cool.
    Last edited by Chaldo; 09-21-09 at 12:51 AM.
    09-21-09 12:48 AM
    Finally. Of course, my area is not on the list. Does anyone have any kind of rollout map on this? We are finishing our basement and get zero service downstairs so it makes this thing a must.
    09-21-09 10:48 AM
    I believe the pricing and how they are operating this is in a test market I think its North Carolina, so the pricing isn't final. Once they think its okay to open it to more markets, or everywhere they will do it with the final pricing.

So it should not be that soon before they release it.
    09-21-09 11:49 AM
    Wow they plan to charge you a monthly fee, so that you can have service where they fail to provide it? I can see buying a microcell, but a per monthly fee to use it is ridiculous. If those rumors are true.
    09-23-09 09:01 PM
    Do you have to have at&t DSL service to use it?
    09-23-09 09:49 PM
    No, you do not. It would benefit you by saving 9.99 but you can use any other Broadband services like Cable, Comcast, Cox, time warner etc, or Verizon FIos/ DSL .. there's a lot more just giving examples etc.
    09-23-09 10:58 PM
    Let's go!!!!!!!!!
    09-29-09 05:33 PM
    that thing doesnt look very micro at all.
    10-03-09 05:14 PM
    Hi! Does anyone know if they have shipped any units yet? I just really want to have coverage in my home office (basement). -M
    11-17-09 02:21 PM
    So I bought one today and I can tell you I'm extremely disappointed! First, shame on me for thinking that the "unlimited talk" work with all our phones. My wife's phone isn't 3G and won't work. Second, about 50% of the time may amazon app and 95% my facebook app tries to connect, I get an error. Finally, three times tonight, my Bold goes to an SOS for a signal and wifi only. It's literally preventing everything but my wifi to work. I will be returning this tomorrow. I don't know why I bothered since the wifi is faster anyhow. I guess I'll have to deal with my occassional dropped calls.
    11-23-09 09:12 PM
    By the way, you don't have to have a monthly plan. The plan I got was $15/month for unlimited talk and you get a $100 with the plan and $150 with the plan and at&t DSL making it free. But even if they gave it to me for free, I'd still be taking it back. I can't stand my apps not working...
    11-23-09 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD