okay, so i did some searching and saw where this was asked, but nobody answered the question.

i was wondering if it was easy to switch from device to device on verizon. Kinda like how you can do with at&t or t-mo with the sim card. Cause(for some strange reason) i'm kinda wanting a pearl to go along with my curve(which will eventually be replaced with the new curve coming out eventually).

so is there any (easy) way to switch from say, my curve one day, to a pearl the next. or even curve in the mornings, pearl at night lol.
    01-14-09 12:58 AM
    Desktop Manager has a handy device switch wizard.
    01-14-09 01:03 AM
    yeah, but would that activate the pearl to where i can make calls and send texts from it? then switch back to my curve, and start making calls from it?
    01-14-09 01:11 AM
    No. You need to speak with your carrier to do that.
    01-14-09 01:32 AM
    that's what i was afraid of. i guess i just get "sim card envy" sometimes. so much for that idea.
    01-14-09 01:46 AM
    You can go online and switch phones. Takes less than 5 minutes. I do it all the time when my kids swap phones with each other

You will need a my Verizon account set up, but once that is set up changing phones is easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 02:56 AM
    You can go online and switch phones. Takes less than 5 minutes. I do it all the time when my kids swap phones with each other

You will need a my Verizon account set up, but once that is set up changing phones is easy.

Swapping "dumb" phones (I am assuming your kids dont have BB's) is painless, having done that myself in the past. However, can anyone confirm that you can use VZW's online ESN changer to switch between for example a Pearl and Curve?

I would like to pick up a Pearl as a weekend phone. Hopefully I can swap the ESN online and change my device PIN online and be done with it. I dont want to call CS everytime I switch.
    01-24-09 10:57 AM
    The PIN switch takes a call.

01-24-09 11:07 AM
    You can do a PIN switch on the email setup website.

01-24-09 11:51 AM
    Swap out ESN on the VZW site, then log into BIS account and change pins.

01-24-09 04:17 PM
    now you can dial *228 on the handheld and option 3 and it will activate the phone right then for you...
    01-24-09 04:18 PM
    Swapping "dumb" phones (I am assuming your kids dont have BB's) is painless, having done that myself in the past. However, can anyone confirm that you can use VZW's online ESN changer to switch between for example a Pearl and Curve?

I would like to pick up a Pearl as a weekend phone. Hopefully I can swap the ESN online and change my device PIN online and be done with it. I dont want to call CS everytime I switch.
    Swapping a non smart phone takes no more or less effort or steps than swapping a BlackBerry. The process is exactly the same.

01-24-09 04:21 PM
    Didn't want to create a new thread, so I found this one. Switching from dumb phone to dumb phone or bb to bb seems to be as simple as *228/VZW website. However, the problem I'm having is when I try to switch between a BB and another non-berry smartphone due to the different email and web packages. Anyone have a work around or a solution other than calling and speaking with a rep each time?
    02-10-10 04:13 AM
    Yes, you can swap BBs online. I switch between my tour and curve2. I have occassionally had to call in if I swap them to frequently in a short time period.
    02-10-10 07:58 AM
    Didn't want to create a new thread, so I found this one. Switching from dumb phone to dumb phone or bb to bb seems to be as simple as *228/VZW website. However, the problem I'm having is when I try to switch between a BB and another non-berry smartphone due to the different email and web packages. Anyone have a work around or a solution other than calling and speaking with a rep each time?
    If it doesn't allow you to select the data plan upon activating the other smartphone, you would have to call.
    02-10-10 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD