I currently have a 9700 and a 9000 on att that I switch back and forth between. Obviously I just swap the sim and activate my BIS E-Mail whenI switch. I have the $30 unlimited blackberry data plan.

If I purchased an iPhone, could I just drop my att sim into it and voice and data will work fine? Then switch back to bb whenever I felt like it? Thanks.
    01-19-10 10:17 AM
    Short answer. No.

I asked att about this because I considered the same thing. BB for work and iphone for play.

To my knowledge. Iphones don't have sim cards. Either that or they are not compatible with other sims.

The att rep said my voice plan would work but the BB data and iphone data plans are not compatible and in order to do what I wanted, I would basically have to pick up and add on an iphone data plan as well.

I think its BS too. But then again I could have gotten an incorrect answer. Maybe someone else can weigh in and either confirm or deny this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 01:13 AM
    Iphones do have SIM cards they are inserted at the top of the phone.

But I was told as well that I couldnt switch between the iphone and my BB. I think you would have to jailbreak it in order to be able to do so. There are a few users here that switch back and forth with no issues I believe.
    01-26-10 01:36 AM
    I currently have a 9700 and a 9000 on att that I switch back and forth between. Obviously I just swap the sim and activate my BIS E-Mail whenI switch. I have the $30 unlimited blackberry data plan.

If I purchased an iPhone, could I just drop my att sim into it and voice and data will work fine? Then switch back to bb whenever I felt like it? Thanks.
    I was able to do it with a 9000 and iPhone 3g.

01-28-10 07:03 AM

I switched between a 9000 and iphone constantly at one point. I know that a lot of people say you cant do it, but you can. The only thing is when you first get the iphone you are going to have to plug it in and activate it, causing you to sign up for the iphone data package. Once you have done that contact att and have them take it off and put the bb data package on your plan (make sure your sim card is back in your BB). you should be good to go from there......
    01-28-10 01:43 PM
    Works for me just fine. Call them and tell them what you are going to do. I'm sure they'll be happy to collect that extra $30 a month in any way you want to give it to them.
    01-28-10 04:31 PM
    you can switch between the two and run a iphone on a bb data plan I know many people who currently do it all the time
    01-28-10 05:51 PM
    Short answer. No.

I asked att about this because I considered the same thing. BB for work and iphone for play.

To my knowledge. Iphones don't have sim cards. Either that or they are not compatible with other sims.

The att rep said my voice plan would work but the BB data and iphone data plans are not compatible and in order to do what I wanted, I would basically have to pick up and add on an iphone data plan as well.

I think its BS too. But then again I could have gotten an incorrect answer. Maybe someone else can weigh in and either confirm or deny this.

with all due respect. it boggles my mind how many (for a lack of a better word) dumb (hmm maybe ignorant fits best) att/apple users there are floating around. pretty much every post below this one has the right info in it. u can use both a BB and an iphone by swapping the sim, u do in fact need to activate the iphone first then place your sim back into your BB have it switched on your account. The iphone will continue to give you access to your music/apps while your sim is in your BB. now some people can simply take the sim and place it back in the iphone and have it work, i have had a few instances where the person needed to change the actual data plan back to the iphone data (not sure why it was throwing errors back).
    02-02-10 03:13 PM
    Perhaps you need to re-read my post. I disclaimed by just reporting the answer I received and admitted that it may be incorrect.

To use your words, it never ceases to amaze me how many people can't read intelligently. Let alone use proper grammar and sentence structure. Maybe ignorant is a better term.

02-07-10 06:24 PM
    yes you can. some have said that eventually AT&T will catch up do you. I did it for almost 2 years and nothing ever happened.
    02-08-10 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD