I had Nextel and went to buy a Blackberry and the nutsack at the sprint store convinced me to go to Sprint because everything it better, Phones, network, signal, blah blah blah.

So I figured since sprint and nextel merged it should be similar??? WRONG.

The guy didn't even know what the Blackberry Tour was. I hate dumb sales people. So i figured it out and found that the Tour was only available for Sprint and since this buttmunch said Sprint was better I switched to sprint. Had to buy my tour over the phone because the guy at the store was incompetent.

It arrived last Friday. Took some getting used to. But I love it...

EXCEPT....

Dropped calls in the house. Cannot get through to anyone, if someone calls it goes to static and then drops it. Outside the house the most signal I've gotten was 3 bars. The old nextel ALWAYS worked in the house. The Sprint and my $200 new phone don't. I am so pissed off and frustrated.

Somebody help... give me some input,

I love my Tour and became addicted to it right away. I love the 3.2 MB camera and internets and all.

I caaaan go back to Nextel, it does have the Curve but the camera is only 2 MB and I heard that their data network is crap.
    And I tried to see if Blackberry was going to have the Tour for Nextel but I guess everything they do or think about doing is fricken top secret.

HEEEEELPPP
    I am so disappointed and frustrated with this whole thing.

(and I cannot download my pictures from my Tour to my computer, it just doesn't recogize anything being there)

Grrrrr....
    07-24-09 02:56 AM
    I changed your title from "BlackBerry Help."

As a reminder to the OP and others, remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title

This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: �My Pearl will not show myFaves icons� or �How do I use BB Maps on my 8100�
    07-24-09 05:30 AM
    My experience was acually the opposite as I bought a nextel phone and couldn't get any service. If its a new contract or upgrade I'd see if you are eligible to bring the phone back and trade it for another one. Usually they charge you a $35 restocking fee but its better than being stuck with a phone that doesn't work.

If you like the blackberry and nextel coverage is good in your area, I'd get the 8350i. I had it for a while and its a great phone. Data seemed to work fine for me (just a little slower than sprint) but my call quality was horrible due to the lack of nextel towers in the area. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 06:42 AM
    Well,

First of all, if you want helpful advice I think you need to be more reasonable in your statements.

In particular, I simply do not understand why you want to insult the sales person.. A "nutsack"?.. He was actually RIGHT... So what does that make you?.. lol

FYI the data speeds you will see, even on a curve, but particularly the Tour, on the EVDO network will be vastly superior to the iDen network. Do your homework.. 30secs on the web will tell you this...did you check?

As far as dropped calls, then there are two possibilities... a KNOWN issue with the Tour is just this same topic... a search of the Tour forum would have told you that. Did you do a search and check?

If Sprint coverage is weak/poor in your house, CS always comes to the aid with solutions, such as the Airrave...Did you do a search and check?...

This forum is great at helping people with their concerns, questions and issues, but you are expected to search the forums first before posting.

We all know CS can sux at times, but so can the customers.
    07-24-09 06:55 AM
    WOW dude Mystic owns your ***. But he's absolutely right. IDEN is like the black sheep in the cellular world. It gets you by, but barely. It's an old, outdated crappy network. Data speeds are terrible, and the IDEN coverage for voice calls is also crap. Very spotty, and dead spots are infinite. I know from experience. I had Nextel for years. The smartest thing I did was move into one fo their "Hybrid" phones. Nextel Walkie-Talkie, with sprint's cellular network for voice/data. Then I went over to the Sprint side completely when I move into the world of Blackberry's. Try calling CS and asking about an Airrave for your house. I know a couple people have reported that they got one for free after complaining about their service reception in their house.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 07-24-09 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Language
    07-24-09 07:22 AM
    have you tried *228 send option 2, it up dates you roaming. good luck
    07-24-09 07:57 AM
    call and tell them to send you an airave
    07-24-09 09:21 AM
    The OP was obviously frustrated, so I understand his venting. I agree with the previous post regarding going back to Nextel and the 8350i. He is already familiar with the coverage and said it was solid. I disagree with the monry post that said Nextel was crap. For a lot of us, it's great. And while data is slower than Sprint, Nextel has WiFi in their BB, giving it superior data speed. While iDen is older technology...it works! It is reliable and time tested. Like any other carrier, it depends on where you are if the coverage is good. Obviously, for the OP, Sprint is inferior to Nextel when it comes to coverage. chesterhound

07-24-09 12:04 PM
    The OP was obviously frustrated, so I understand his venting. I agree with the previous post regarding going back to Nextel and the 8350i. He is already familiar with the coverage and said it was solid. I disagree with the monry post that said Nextel was crap. For a lot of us, it's great. And while data is slower than Sprint, Nextel has WiFi in their BB, giving it superior data speed. While iDen is older technology...it works! It is reliable and time tested. Like any other carrier, it depends on where you are if the coverage is good. Obviously, for the OP, Sprint is inferior to Nextel when it comes to coverage. chesterhound

Well said!!
    07-24-09 12:44 PM
    Well,

First of all, if you want helpful advice I think you need to be more reasonable in your statements.

In particular, I simply do not understand why you want to insult the sales person.. A "nutsack"?.. He was actually RIGHT... So what does that make you?.. lol

FYI the data speeds you will see, even on a curve, but particularly the Tour, on the EVDO network will be vastly superior to the iDen network. Do your homework.. 30secs on the web will tell you this...did you check?

As far as dropped calls, then there are two possibilities... a KNOWN issue with the Tour is just this same topic... a search of the Tour forum would have told you that. Did you do a search and check?

If Sprint coverage is weak/poor in your house, CS always comes to the aid with solutions, such as the Airrave...Did you do a search and check?...

This forum is great at helping people with their concerns, questions and issues, but you are expected to search the forums first before posting.

We all know CS can sux at times, but so can the customers.

Ok ya know what.... I don't need your attitude

Yes I did my homework.

The sales guy was a nutsack. He was not even aware of what the Tour was or anything about it when it was all over the internet.
    He did not have any phones in stock. Could not tell me about any of the phones. The Only thing he tried to do was get me to switch to Sprint.
    So he must be employee of the month.
    Yes Sprint has a clearer faster network than Nextel I am aware of that but OBVIOUSLY nextel works where I live and not Sprint.

iDEN runs at a lower frequency and can penetrate buildings a bit better, but CDMA is capable of clearer signals and faster throughputs

Yes I do research.

And YES i was on the phone with customer service SEVERAL times in the last week. So YES I did do that.
    Lets see, oh about my phone not working, and yeah... about the phone not working so after being connected to 500 other people on the phone my phone still is yet to work inside the house on the BETTER Sprint network when the POOEY Nextel works just fine.

Luckily I encountered a person that I know on myspace that works for Sprint and because of them... not calling cuustomer service... that somebody is actually trying to help.
    He had the Sprint people out today and they were checking the signal strength outside the house and eventhough their magic computer says I have good coverage the tech service says otherwise. They are going to do a PM Sunday night to see what the problem is.

What does it make me? A very frustrated customer who has been on the phone all week with people who are not helpful....

And no. I did not search and check. I SKIMMED the forum, but as you know there are many posts on here.

Yours truly
    A really stupid customer that sucks
    <3
    07-25-09 12:19 AM
    Hey Chesterhound! Tried to PM you but the forum won't let me because I am new
    07-25-09 12:42 AM
    Get an airave it will help however u will be limited to 1X data speeds but sprint is coming out with a 3G airave later this year.

OP, go with the carrier that gives u the best service, it shud be always a priority consideration IMO. Phones come as second.

Right now try the airave and see how it goes, you can still return your tour and go back to nextel but only for a limited time

07-25-09 02:03 AM
    I had Nextel and went to buy a Blackberry and the nutsack at the sprint store convinced me to go to Sprint because everything it better, Phones, network, signal, blah blah blah.

So I figured since sprint and nextel merged it should be similar??? WRONG.

The guy didn't even know what the Blackberry Tour was. I hate dumb sales people. So i figured it out and found that the Tour was only available for Sprint and since this buttmunch said Sprint was better I switched to sprint. Had to buy my tour over the phone because the guy at the store was incompetent.

It arrived last Friday. Took some getting used to. But I love it...

EXCEPT....

Dropped calls in the house. Cannot get through to anyone, if someone calls it goes to static and then drops it. Outside the house the most signal I've gotten was 3 bars. The old nextel ALWAYS worked in the house. The Sprint and my $200 new phone don't. I am so pissed off and frustrated.

Somebody help... give me some input,

I love my Tour and became addicted to it right away. I love the 3.2 MB camera and internets and all.

I caaaan go back to Nextel, it does have the Curve but the camera is only 2 MB and I heard that their data network is crap.
    And I tried to see if Blackberry was going to have the Tour for Nextel but I guess everything they do or think about doing is fricken top secret.

HEEEEELPPP
    I am so disappointed and frustrated with this whole thing.

(and I cannot download my pictures from my Tour to my computer, it just doesn't recogize anything being there)

Grrrrr....
    I feel your pain! I've experienced the same type of service (or lack there of) but it really boils down to finding someone reliable on the inside. I'm in a poor location too inside my home and I get horrid reception and drop calls 95% of the time in my house. Called Sprint and the airrave is my only solution.

As for the "nutsack" who didn't know about the Tour, that's pretty common. Bought mine from my guy at Best Buy and brought it to a Sprint Store for something with my plan and the guy there was awed by the fact that Sprint had the Tour! So it stinks but its all about who you speak too. Better luck next time...

07-25-09 03:40 AM
    there was no attitude, at least from me...yours is certainly debatable though.

Each and every question and issue you had has been discussed in the forums, which you admittedly did not bother to search.

Your choices are clear as day, yet you spend hours on the phone whining to CS and complaining here in the forum without actually heeding any input given..

In order you need to..
    1. The tour is known for a signal strength issue.. get a replacement
    2. If that is the same result, exchange for the 8350i, or get an airrave.
    3. go to Verizon or ATT

oh... welcome to the forum.. (i think)

<3
    07-25-09 07:31 AM
    have you tried *228 send option 2, it up dates you roaming. good luck
    If I recall correctly *228 is not a valid sprint speed dial. You can dial *2 and talk to a rep and ask for a PRL update, however the Tour (I believe ... don't flame if I'm off by one, haven't looked in a few day) shipped with the latests PRL from Sprint

Yes I did my homework.

The sales guy was a nutsack. He was not even aware of what the Tour was or anything about it when it was all over the internet.
    He did not have any phones in stock.
    The Tour was not a Store bought item @ first Via Sprint, a few stores did have some but it was not the majority case

iDEN runs at a lower frequency and can penetrate buildings a bit better, but CDMA is capable of clearer signals and faster throughputs
    Check Sprints Coverage map - Sprint [dot] com/Coverage (under 10 Posts -- sry)

And YES i was on the phone with customer service SEVERAL times in the last week. So YES I did do that.
    Lets see, oh about my phone not working, and yeah... about the phone not working so after being connected to 500 other people on the phone my phone still is yet to work inside the house on the BETTER Sprint network when the POOEY Nextel works just fine.

Luckily I encountered a person that I know on myspace that works for Sprint and because of them... not calling cuustomer service... that somebody is actually trying to help.
    He had the Sprint people out today and they were checking the signal strength outside the house and eventhough their magic computer says I have good coverage the tech service says otherwise. They are going to do a PM Sunday night to see what the problem is.
    That's the Sprint Employee Help Line. It works, but since it creates a "Trouble Ticket" rather then notes on your account and hoping a rep might create the ticket, they check the coverage area.
    However it seems like you have only mentioned the coverage in your house. How is the coverage outside. If its fine, it seems you already discovered your problem the 1900 Mhz network does not get inside as well as the 800 Mhz does.

Get an airave it will help however u will be limited to 1X data speeds but sprint is coming out with a 3G airave later this year.

OP, go with the carrier that gives u the best service, it shud be always a priority consideration IMO. Phones come as second.

Right now try the airave and see how it goes, you can still return your tour and go back to nextel but only for a limited time
    If you are a good Sprint Customer Account Services may give you an Airave. Even if you do not get it from Sprint @ no cost; I'd highly recommend it as [with a monthly fee] can provide you with unlimited calling in your home for you, and/or anyone on your account (if on a family plan)
    If you make most of your calls from home [say 451 minutes anytime] and only use 450 minutes outside your home, then the added $10 from the Airave can save you $30.01 a month from the Simply Everything Unlimited plan, and you can switch to the 450 minute plan -- currently its my favorite option as its how I use it. If you have a home phone still you can drop it as you now will have unlimited calling from home.

And I agree go with who gives you the best coverage where you are the most. But Remember no carrier can provide 100% coverage everywhere. If you are within your 30 day window return your Tour and go back to Iden. Sprint would rather you switch back-- and remain happy-- then loose you as a customer, so if they charge you the restock fee question it.

-- Best wishes & Sorry for the long post
    07-25-09 08:41 AM
    I feel your frustration, and its Sprint to blame not the Blackberry phones. I have the Curve and have had a big increase lately in dropped calls, weak reception, my phone switching to roam, and less areas with 1XEV.

I would suggest switching to AT&T which is what I'm going to be doing soon. I've had enough of Sprint's bad coverage. It used to be good when I had a regular voice phone. Seems like sprint can't handle blackberries on its network with data & voice. Ashame.

07-25-09 09:33 PM
    Sorry to hear about your dropped calls with Sprint. I've never had a problem with that anywhere ever since I've had Sprint, but maybe I live and travel only in good areas, I don't know.

However I just read a thread about poor signal strength with the Tour, that it is a known issue, and that many people going from a Curve to a Tour are no longer able to make/receive phone calls that they were with their Curve, so maybe it is a Tour thing, not a Sprint thing.

As far as the nutsack, I don't think they are exclusive to Sprint (though I've been fortunate not to run into one there yet), they are everywhere, but please note, I'm not saying this in reference to my boss.
    07-25-09 10:13 PM
    good catch!..lol

they are everywhere, but please note, I'm not saying this in reference to my boss.
    07-26-09 02:24 PM
    Someone in the 9630 forum claims they have a fix for signal strength. Go to Options/Mobile Network/Menu Key...then update both your Profile and your Preferred List.

I'm gonna try it in a few....we'll see what happens.
    07-26-09 02:59 PM
    Ok, I tried it and I have one more bar now.
    07-26-09 03:11 PM
    Someone in the 9630 forum claims they have a fix for signal strength. Go to Options/Mobile Network/Menu Key...then update both your Profile and your Preferred List.

I'm gonna try it in a few....we'll see what happens.
    This must only work with the Tour or newer phones. I don't see that option on my Curve 8330.

07-31-09 09:34 PM
    I just spent 2 weeks with 2 different tours, after a year with a curve, I can say the tours could not hold a strong signal, and had dropped calls and bad call quality, I gave up yesterday and switched back to my curve, everyone asked me today if I got a new phone. I talk about 3000 minutes a month, the curve rarely dropped, and as far as I can tell the data seems faster. I really wanted the tour, but it just did not perform for me. Maybe they will get the bugs ironed out, but I cannot live with it that long. now after having the new tour, my account says I have a 2 year obligation again. I hope this reverts back when I return the phone tommorrow. if not, they will be gone by noon.
    07-31-09 09:54 PM
    Am I the only one to note the irony of a mod changing the OP's title to make it more descriptive when the contents of the actual post are magnificently descriptive? I think "nutsack" and "pooey" clearly expressed the OP's opinions, and also made it more fun for me to read. I spend lots of time lurking...this post was funny and interesting.

OP, thanks for the chuckle!
    07-31-09 10:06 PM
    Am I the only one to note the irony of a mod changing the OP's title to make it more descriptive when the contents of the actual post are magnificently descriptive? I think "nutsack" and "pooey" clearly expressed the OP's opinions, and also made it more fun for me to read. I spend lots of time lurking...this post was funny and interesting.

OP, thanks for the chuckle!
    Yeah I enjoy adding a little odd fun to my point when posting.
    It makes it more entertaining to read and write.
    I had several other choice words that weren't as happy lol.

So yeah, going back to Nextel. Getting the Curve as soon as they... i mean ship me the return crap for the Tour.
    I loved my Tour. I loved the camera in the Tour. Maybe they will have one for Nextel eventually.

And I've had problems with Sprint/Customer Care/account servies all day. They switch you to another person and the line quality on their end takes a crap and you can't hear them. Or maybe it's a clever way to NOT deal with frustrated jerks like me. But it took me several hours and I probably talked to 15 different people today and had to explain what was going on to 15 people and by the end of the day I just wanted 70% of those people that I talked to at Sprint to get explosive diarrhea. 80% of the people I've talked to today at Sprint either did not speak english very well or were completely useless at life. But thanks to the 2-3 people that qactually were nice and helpful.
    But I have to call them again tomorrow and HOPEFULLY then things will be straightened out. Gah!

At least when i went to the Sprint store today the guy that was there wasn't a nutsack and was very helpful eventhough he was unable to solve the issue he tried very hard and was sorry that he could not do more to help.
    I talked to Sprint on the phone and they were supposed to reset my upgrade status in the computer so I could get the Curve at the Sprint store so I could finally use a phone. But when I got to the Sprint store apparently they never did. The guy at the store tried to call them and get them to reset it but they weren't cooperating and said that they cannot do it until the phone being returned arrived at the warehouse. So when I came home and called back they said they were unable to do that but we worjed it out and SUPPOSEDLY they are going to be sending the Curve at the same time they send the return kit for the Tour. I'm Sooo frustrated and I just want to kick people.

How is the Curve for Nextel?
    I had the i265 for Nextel and my parents still have it and it works great in my area unlike the Sprint.
    Sprint tech people even came to the house a few times last week and drove around in the area and in the driveway and said the signal was feces here too so it's not just the Tour.

So yeah, How is the Curve?
    How is the Camera? The Tour has a 3.2 MP and the Curve only had a 2MP.
    How does the Nextel do with the data and internet?
    I heard with the iDen it is slow... is it that bad?

Either way I have no choice, Iden works in my house and around it.
    Sprint has been nothing but fecal matter, worst experience ever.

The signal, 70% of the customer service and everything else blows wayward cattle...

08-02-09 02:50 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an iden amp in my car its somewhat old and is the Iden frequeicies that existed prior to the "rebanding". It works great when my phone is on a frequency that the amp covers however when my phone migrates to a 900 Mhz. frequency not covered by the amp I am out of luck. I have spoken to Wilson and they state that they do not yet have an amp that covers the iden frequencies but will eventually have one. They do not seem to be in any great hurry probably as they do not expect a high demand. If everyone on here that was interested expressed that interest perhaps they might move faster. It worked when we all E. Mailed Dan Hesse about the 8350i when it first came out. So here is a technical contact at Wilson let the e mails go:

Darren Jensen
    Technical Support
    Toll Free: 1.866.294.1660
    Local: 435.673.5021 x130
    [email protected]
    Cell Phone Antennas and Cell Phone Boosters at Wilson Electronics

3301 East Deseret Dr.
    St. George, Utah 84790
    08-04-09 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD