I've never purchased an unlocked phone before. Are there any problems switching from the Priv to the K1 ? Do they use the same size SIM ? Will I need a new SIM. Both Best Buy and Amazon sell a SIM with the phone for $10. I think those are for new customers. Does VZ provide walk through instructions ? Any comments from someone who has made the switch ?
    11-05-17 03:49 PM
    I've never purchased an unlocked phone before. Are there any problems switching from the Priv to the K1 ? Do they use the same size SIM ? Will I need a new SIM. Both Best Buy and Amazon sell a SIM with the phone for $10. I think those are for new customers. Does VZ provide walk through instructions ? Any comments from someone who has made the switch ?
    Actually, while sold and supported by Verizon, the Priv was UNlocked, too. I made that move and merely moved my Priv sim to the KeyOne. Verizon can help to some extent and you might need them to return you to Basic Visual Voice mail. They may also be needed to make sure you can use Travel Pass (name??) in europe on the KeyOne. Wifi calling seems problematic but I was able to use wifi hotspot. You might need to futz a bit to get HD calling enabled (I had to add/remove it twice from their website to get it working.

Otherwise, you are already familiar with Android, so it should be easy. There are some changes - no swipe up from bottom for the 3 apps. Maybe more the OS then the KeyOne, itself.

Enjoy
    11-05-17 05:55 PM
    I just purchased KO from Best Buy and used my Verizon PRIV Sim card and the phone fired up flawlessly. Before you upgrade, make sure to back up to either VZ cloud, Google Drive or use the BB transfer app. After migrating I downloaded VZ cloud app from Google Play store and it downloaded all media files without issue. I was very apprehensive buying an unlocked phone but I am a fan of the process now. I even got a separate update on the KO. No issues whatsoever. Go for it!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-17-17 05:21 AM