It is possible to switch which line on the account is the primary on a family plan?

I just recently changed my individual plan to a family share plan, adding my husband and his parents (from Sprint), and my mom (existing Verizon customer). My mom was eligible for her NE2 upgrade, and the Verizon rep suggested I make her line the primary so as not to lose the NE2. I did that, and since she doesn't want a new phone, I'm planning to use her NE2 to get myself the Storm2.

Once I use the upgrade, it is possible to switch my line back to being the primary? It's much more likely that me or my husband will be the ones upgrading to a phone that would benefit from using the NE2 discount, so it seems silly to have it on a line that will never actually utilize it.

I did search the forum for this answer, but I didn't come up with anything. Thanks!
    Last edited by xfuchsiax; 10-17-09 at 05:30 PM.
    10-17-09 05:28 PM
    Yes this can be done. You will need to call VZW though to do this
    10-17-09 06:15 PM
    Ok cool, thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 10:26 PM
    You can do it in store too. The NE2 credit will probably be different than what it is now since they have changed though. Also, you wont be eligible for any NE2 credit until you have been a primary for at least 6 months.
    10-19-09 05:05 PM
    It needs to be a primary line for 20 months in order to qualify for NE2. That's what a VZW rep told me.

10-19-09 05:18 PM
    It needs to be a primary line for 20 months in order to qualify for NE2. That's what a VZW rep told me.

Remember 5 minutes ago when you said you dont post incorrect information? STOP TRYING TO ADD CREDIBILITY BY SAYING "thats what a vzw rep told me" God you are annoying.

I am a Verizon rep and i know the policy, stop.
    10-19-09 06:14 PM
    Remember 5 minutes ago when you said you dont post incorrect information? STOP TRYING TO ADD CREDIBILITY BY SAYING "thats what a vzw rep told me" God you are annoying.

I am a Verizon rep and i know the policy, stop.
    I'm sure that the other reps on here can back you up on your six months policy, then I'll defer to the "experts".

10-19-09 06:22 PM
    I'm sure that the other reps on here can back you up on your six months policy, then I'll defer to the "experts".

We'll all back him up because he's right. It's kind of our job to be right.
    10-19-09 06:26 PM
    Is it anyones job to be wrong?

10-19-09 06:43 PM
    Is it anyones job to be wrong?

No, thats volunteer work and you are putting in your time very well.
    10-19-09 07:06 PM
    Still waiting.

10-19-09 07:13 PM
    I think too many of you are losing it.
    10-19-09 09:13 PM
    I think too many of you are losing it.

10-19-09 09:17 PM
    Did I start this hate on bluerskyes drama this morning? lol..
    10-19-09 09:44 PM
    She does okay all be herself.
    10-19-09 10:16 PM
    Its the weatherman's job to be wrong

10-19-09 10:27 PM
    Quick follow-up on my specific situation.

We just used the NE2 on my family share primary line (my wife's phone). My 1 year renewal on my Curve is up (so I am eligible for upgrade) and I am a VIP customer (Extra $50 per year?). I know NE2 and VIP only work on primary lines. I want to get the S2 and the deal from Walmart starting tomorrow sounds good ($100 gift card at Walmart will go a long way for the kids' presents this year). Since the discount at Walmart only applies to primary lines as well what is the process I should follow? My thoughts are:

- Go to VZW store or call CS and ask to swap my lines so mine becomes the primary. I believe my upgrade (on the phone) will not be affected (tell me if I am wrong here).
    - Go to Walmart and do upgrade and extend 2 years. Then I'll get my NE2 available after the appropriate number of months and could use my VIP as well (maybe).

Is this correct? Thoughts?

Also, anyone know if you purchase the phone through Walmart will you be forced to go through CS at Walmart or can you work directly with VZW if needed (for phone related issues)? I do purchase the phone insurance.

Thanks all.
    11-13-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD