I wasn't please with new storm. Wasn't enough improvement to warrant an upgrade and noticed were made in mexico. While there, I check out a Bold. Loved it! Got it! Its SSSWWWEEET!!! Made in canada. Its a beautiful BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 05:06 PM
    I'm debating getting the 9700 - I have the 9000 right now, and am debating switching. I've got so many network problems with the 9000. How do you find the trackpad?
    12-01-09 08:58 PM
    I'm debating getting the 9700 - I have the 9000 right now, and am debating switching. I've got so many network problems with the 9000. How do you find the trackpad?
    Trackpad is awesome. Very responsive.

12-01-09 09:53 PM
    I must agree, I went in and tried it out tonight - can't wait to buy one!
    12-01-09 10:27 PM
    Holy ****! I got to keep student 50 - unlimited data. And MY10.

12-02-09 07:59 AM
    Holy ****! I got to keep student 50 - unlimited data. And MY10.

how did you manage to do that, i've read alot of posts on howards forum that they aren't letting you keep your unlimited data plans.

Was your contract at the end of its term?
    12-02-09 10:49 AM
    ^^ yea! Spill!
    12-02-09 10:53 AM
    i love the 9700 its the best bb yet. but now im starting to have some problems with the new network and im not happy if it keep up ill go back to cdma but i dont want to give up my bold
    12-02-09 11:51 AM
    I switched from Storm1 to 9700 and I really like this phone. I had doubts at first about the size and keyboard, but I actually like the keyboard a lot better than the 9000.

Took me a day or so to get used to physical keyboard

BTW...the battery life on the 9700 is phenomenal with Telus provided 5.0.0.344, and mine was made in Canada1.
    12-02-09 12:26 PM
    how did you manage to do that, i've read alot of posts on howards forum that they aren't letting you keep your unlimited data plans.

Was your contract at the end of its term?
    I still had two years left on my storm 1 with student 50, my 10, student bundle 15 for voicemail..etc. I called L & R on Saturday to see what my plan options were if I went with Storm 2 or 9700 (btw, i planned to pay full amount for new phone). They said, as I expected, if went with Storm 2 just keep same plan for another two years being CDMA. I said I understand if I go with 9700 I can't keep this plan, what plan could I get. The rep did a customized plan that included, among other features, MY5 and 500MB data and the new plan was acceptable enough for me to change to bold.

Yesterday, I go back to store and purchase 9700. When the store rep was on phone confirming my plan, they indicated student 50 was staying in place, MY10, etc. Believe me, I was very surprised and even the guy at store was very surprised saying that even as of day before people couldn't do that.

My only conclusion is that they looked at my data usage and I wasn't a threat...lol.

Now I don't know what to do, the customized plan was cheaper by about $15 a month because no more system access fee, etc. But, still have unlimited data and MY10?? I keep thinking something is screwed up, but don't stir the pot.
    12-02-09 01:29 PM
    I have a hard time believing that, as unlimited data simply does not exist on the new network.
    12-02-09 10:34 PM
    There is no way to get unlimited data on the new network, notta, no. You better find out what you really have.
    12-03-09 12:56 AM
    There is no way to get unlimited data on the new network, notta, no. You better find out what you really have.
    Ok, proof is in the picture. I did a print screen of my account. You can clearly see Student 50 still on account, 10 Favourite Numbers, and 9700 HSPA Smartphone.
    12-03-09 07:25 AM
    They allowed me to keep my plan but the settings didn't work for data. Like the data plan was there but it wouldn't have worked. Honestly 1gb of data is pretty much enough for me as I don't tether THAT often, although unlimited would be nice. I do miss my10 though. Overall, I wouldve had to buy tetherberry with the unlimited plan so w/e. The phone is awesome and so is the new network (y)

12-03-09 06:16 PM
    u better check ur unlimited data because its impossible to have it on hspa...ur screenshot doesnt show that u got to keep the unlimited data. it just shows u kept the freebies
    12-04-09 09:07 AM
    They confirmed Student 50 includes unlimited data.

12-04-09 11:25 AM
    I've been a TELUS customer since 2001, I've always paid my bill on time, I always get a free device of my choice no matter what the price every 3 years, I've always been given the best deals possible and was always given grandfathered deals. I can't even get unlimited data on the new network. So I'd confirm that with someone else, because unlimited data is just not aloud on the new network, there isn't even an option for it, no matter where you go. There is a hard cap on ALL accounts, let it be smartphone, or internet key, of 10GB a month.

Data usage is subject to a monthly overage limit of 10 GB.
    BlackBerry® Data Add-ons | Plans | TELUS Mobility

Also, any package on TELUS' website that has 'unlimited data' is clearly for only the CDMA/EVDO/1X/PCS network. Not the HSDPA network.

I'd call and confirm that your on the HSDPA network, and then ask if you have unlimited data.
    Last edited by wxmancanada; 12-04-09 at 03:12 PM.
    12-04-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD