With the micro sim models....can I just swap out my micro sim and be good to go, or is it more involved than that? I'm currently on a classic but am needing a backup and was thinking of getting a Q10

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 04:44 PM
    I believe you have to go on My Verizon and set your phone line to the new device as well. At least that's what they had me do when I bought my Priv in March to switch it over from my Z30.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    09-21-16 04:49 PM
    Should not be a problem. I recently purchased a new sim free phone from Apple. Put the SIM card from my Classic into to iPhone and it worked just fine. My girl friend took the SIM card out of her Z10 and put it into my Classic (after a clean wipe of course), it worked fine as well. No need to go into Verizon.
    09-21-16 11:07 PM
    Oops, it wasn't her Z10...it was her iPhone SE and our SIM cards are Nano, not Micro. The Q10 has a Micro SIM while the Classic has a Nano SIM. The Nano SIM may work in the Q10, I'm not sure. Maybe an adapter of sorts?
    achiquitachaser likes this.
    09-21-16 11:14 PM
    What 00Stryder said. Although, I believe that once added to the phone number, the phone stays attached. Anytime you want to switch fire up the phone and dial *228 ( might be *288) and it's done. According to VZW, the sim card doesn't matter unless you use the phone internationally.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    09-21-16 11:53 PM
    What 00Stryder said. Although, I believe that once added to the phone number, the phone stays attached. Anytime you want to switch fire up the phone and dial *228 ( might be *288) and it's done. According to VZW, the sim card doesn't matter unless you use the phone internationally.

Posted via CB10
    This would definitely work with a 3G phone but I'm not sure if it would work with the newer LTE phones that require SIM cards. I actually tried this with the newer phones and it wouldn't work. And Verizon told me also that this will only work for the older phones. My kids have Curves and I can activate their replacement phones doing the *228, but not my BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 02:50 PM