I was paranoing about dinging my new 8900. so i got he rubber skin that goes around the edges and the back. i was still worried about the front so i bought the cutable sticky vinyl thingy to put over the front. I cut it to cover the screen ANS down over the trackball areaincluding the buttons(not keyboard just buttons around trackball.

It actually works great and I have enough sticky film to redo 10 times for when it wears off.

i just used a hole punch to let the track ball come through. I like it because it won't wear the silver color off the trackball ring this way also.

I'm guessing someone will now tell me i'm an ***** and they sell something like this premade and permanent instead of temporary.... but i only saw the plastic kind that covered and was thicker and squeaky. this way it's thing and you can hardly see or feel
    05-20-09 10:02 PM
    i got this too on my phone... except that i bought it pre-made from zagg.. lol
    05-21-09 12:35 AM
    It's not. I dropped mine yesterday and scratched the bezel. I will replace it with a black one and get a case.
    05-21-09 09:24 AM
    i got this too on my phone... except that i bought it pre-made from zagg.. lol
    HMMm I just checked out zagg. Half price for memorial day.

Oh well i have what i made and it works well and I have 9 more tries if and when it screws up. Plus honestly I like
    05-21-09 12:33 PM
    if your that way about a phone, whats gonna happen when you actually drop it, lol, phones are meant to be dropped
    05-21-09 11:14 PM
    HMMm I just checked out zagg. Half price for memorial day.

Oh well i have what i made and it works well and I have 9 more tries if and when it screws up. Plus honestly I like
    Zagg's owns. You get free replacements too. They rawk. I love their headphones too, btw. BSE makes a similar shield, but month Invisible Shield is much much better

50% off is a great deal. I wish I got this deal but wll say that IS is worth every penny even @ full price..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CatAlex; 05-22-09 at 01:04 AM.
    05-22-09 01:01 AM
    if your that way about a phone, whats gonna happen when you actually drop it, lol, phones are meant to be dropped
    Yes, phones are meant to be dropped. My house phone, work phone, and my son's Nokia. My BB does not fall into the category of "phone" then.
    05-22-09 01:04 AM
    Yes, phones are meant to be dropped. My house phone, work phone, and my son's Nokia. My BB does not fall into the category of "phone" then.
    haha that reminded me of those stupid helio commercials. But yeah ummm no I understand your paranoia but I promise you will drop it once and then you won't be so worried about it and you may even start thinking that thing over your buttons looks stupid haha. I have a silicon case and a mirror screen protector and my phone is fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 01:38 AM

guess you have to be someone with a big purse full of stuff to understand how damaging a phone rolling around a full purse can be

By the way.. I don't cover buttons. Just the screen area and use the rubber around the edges. it's not like I wrap t up like Birthday gift between uses
    Last edited by SandAngel; 05-22-09 at 07:47 AM.
    05-22-09 07:45 AM
    BB does fall under that category, all phones are meant to be dropped, just gotta make the best of it
    05-22-09 10:58 AM
    BB does fall under that category, all phones are meant to be dropped, just gotta make the best of it
    I would have to disagree. BlackBerry is not a phone, but a completely separate and superior entity. Phones aren't really meant to be dropped, but **** happens. Which is why I have a Seidio hard case with a screen protector wrapped around my baby.
    05-22-09 12:15 PM
    BSE is just as good as Zagg and about 1/4 of the price.
    05-23-09 09:22 AM
    i had a mirrored screen protector and loved that one. i dind't put it on well though and it started to peel off. i don't remember where i got it though. but if u really wanna PROTECT your phone, u may want something a little more heavy duty than a do-it-yourself version
    05-23-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD