Hi,

I was wondering if i get an unlocked CDMA Storm, can I activate it to run on US Cellular Network?
    10-06-09 03:24 PM
    No,

Us Cellular will not activate ESN's that did not come from them
    10-06-09 04:49 PM
    Correct me if i'm wrong but I was under the impression that they would activate any phone as long as that phones specific model was in their system.

For example they'd activate a Verizon Curve 8330 but not any of the Storms.
    10-13-09 03:58 AM
    Correct me if i'm wrong but I was under the impression that they would activate any phone as long as that phones specific model was in their system.

For example they'd activate a Verizon Curve 8330 but not any of the Storms.
    Negative Ghostrider.

They activate based on ESN, not phone model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 11:27 AM
    You can activate it if you call uscc customer service and tell them you are activating a curve or a model that came from uscc don't tell them you are activating a storm because then they wont ! You just have to trick them and they will do it! Also it is a pain to get all the data stuff to work but it can be done
    10-25-09 02:47 PM
    That is so stupid, dont do that and you shouldnt be telling people how to do that. This is whats going to happen, more and more people are going to call in and do that, eventually us cellular will figure it out and then us cellular will stop doing activation over the phone completely.So people that really do need activation over the phone with their new us cellular phone won't be able to because of people like you guys
    10-25-09 03:02 PM
    You can activate it if you call uscc customer service and tell them you are activating a curve or a model that came from uscc don't tell them you are activating a storm because then they wont ! You just have to trick them and they will do it! Also it is a pain to get all the data stuff to work but it can be done
    What typically happens in this situation is that the CSR then refers the person to a store because the ESN is not in the system. Once the rep at the store sees that it is not a US Cellular phone, whether it's a Curve, Pearl, or Storm, they should refuse to activate it.

Obviously some phone reps don't follow protocol and some reps in the stores either don't know protocol, don't care about protocol or a combination.

Sometimes things work well and the user has no problems, other times data doesn't work, text messages come through garbles, sometimes users get big roaming charges on their bill, etc. It's a crap shoot when you're activating a non-USCC phone.
    10-25-09 03:42 PM
    No that won't happen! Even if it does would it really matter lte is on the way! But in any case I really don't care what you activate bring it on! I will keep helping people till I die!
    10-26-09 10:30 PM
    Ok! You do that! I love exclamation points!
    10-26-09 11:23 PM
    From what I have heard is that the Strom did not pass USCC quality standards. I would love to have the storm 2 (Wifi) but I can see it not passing standards also. I am hoping to get the Tour when it is released. USCC has great coverage in WI where I am and for the most part is the only common since choice I have.
    11-01-09 02:33 PM
    I am hoping to get the Tour when it is released.
    The Tour has been out for a few days now.
    11-01-09 02:52 PM
    No that won't happen! Even if it does would it really matter lte is on the way! But in any case I really don't care what you activate bring it on! I will keep helping people till I die!

I bought my storm before leaving verizon which was quite pricey
    i have had it unlocked and now us cellular wont activate it. what can i do!!!!!!! help. i dont want to purchase a brand new bb that i dont evn like as much as the storm.
    12-03-09 04:45 PM
    I bought my storm before leaving verizon which was quite pricey
    i have had it unlocked and now us cellular wont activate it. what can i do!!!!!!! help. i dont want to purchase a brand new bb that i dont evn like as much as the storm.
    First, check out this thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f110/ve...rk-usc-375283/

Second, did you tell them that it was a Storm or were you trying to do it in the store?
    12-03-09 05:29 PM
    I know this is off topic with diffrent phones but im soo frustrated with USC i almost want to punch them in the face.
    I know USC has only CDMA and GSM phones witch means they dont have sims
    so i have a htc touch pro and it has no sim i called verizon and they said they can activate it aslong it was unlocked but i would have to talk to USC for the code i called HTC they said the same thing and i called USC twice witch means 2 diffrent people and both wont give me the code to unlock it now without a sim card how can i unlock it and does anybuddy out there had this trouble or something in that sort and maybe have a way of helping me out because i spent 400$ on this phone and i do not want to sell it i love this phone i want to use it but i dont have USC anymore. I Have verizon
    12-08-09 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD