How about a short, consise listing of what the thousands of pages of posts concerning this say?
    You know, how to enable all features, what has been found to be the best way to do this.... lots of info.... hard to swallow it all.....
    09-13-09 02:32 AM
    lol....use my signature to get to the most concise post by pltaylor.....he has a fantastic post that should help ya
    09-13-09 11:41 AM
    lol....use my signature to get to the most concise post by pltaylor.....he has a fantastic post that should help ya
    Actually, your signature won't be of use to him, as the "WiFi Guide" and the "Make Storm/Tour/Bold Work TMO" hyperlinks BOTH point to the "Complete WiFi How-To" thread...

Easy fix, I'm guessing you don't know, so now ya do.
    09-13-09 12:32 PM
    All you need is the first post. If you have a question, post it. I watch the thread. Or feel free to PM me.
    09-13-09 09:52 PM
    You can have a look at my blog, the link in my signature.
    I have several that give step by step how to set it all up, links included.
    11-06-09 06:49 AM
    I have a question. I am thinking of getting unlocked Storm2. Once I get it and update the software to the newest official would that lock the device back up. Not in the mood to pay 700 bucks then have a phone of no use.

Thanks in advance for the help
    11-06-09 11:50 AM
    I have a question. I am thinking of getting unlocked Storm2. Once I get it and update the software to the newest official would that lock the device back up. Not in the mood to pay 700 bucks then have a phone of no use.

Thanks in advance for the help
    Device software updates have no effect on SIM lock status. Once it's unlocked, changing the OS version won't affect it
    11-06-09 12:52 PM
    Norriscell hit it there.

I have an unlocked storm1 (no wifi, same bb) and I have changed the OS countless times, and still runnin with Tmobile.

Get it, you'll be happy you did!
    11-06-09 12:58 PM
    Also is the Storm 2 able to achieve 3G on Tmo network or EDGE only like the iPhone.

this is the only other thing I need to know before I make final decision between 9700 and 9550

Thanks!
    11-06-09 01:09 PM
    Nope EDGE, not 3g.
    11-06-09 01:10 PM
    Unfortunately, I doubt you'll see any global device that works with T-Mobile's 3G, unless T-Mobile releases it themselves. They chose the 1700 MHz band because it was reliable and unclogged. The downside to that is that you MUST have a T-Mobile 3G capable device, because they're the only ones on the frequency so far.
    11-06-09 02:24 PM
    Good thing I saw this thread. I'm thinking of getting an unlocked Storm from someone at work and I'll need help setting up if I get it. I am concerned whether it would work or not. From a scale of 1 - 10, how hard is it to configure for TMO? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 03:39 AM
    Good thing I saw this thread. I'm thinking of getting an unlocked Storm from someone at work and I'll need help setting up if I get it. I am concerned whether it would work or not. From a scale of 1 - 10, how hard is it to configure for TMO? Thanks.

1=Impossible
    10=Throw SIM card in and go

I would rate it a an 8, only because you do have to play with the OS, and ensure the service books are there. But it isn't hard.

Blackberry Review: TMobile Storm SMS, Browser, and Service Books

There is more info on my blog. Some times it hard for new folks to find stuff in the forums. Don't get discouraged
    11-08-09 07:19 AM
    I have a storm 1 on T-mobile. with the latest 5.0 official release its simple as unlock, put sim card, send for service books.
    11-08-09 11:15 AM
    1=Impossible
    10=Throw SIM card in and go

I would rate it a an 8, only because you do have to play with the OS, and ensure the service books are there. But it isn't hard.

Blackberry Review: TMobile Storm SMS, Browser, and Service Books

There is more info on my blog. Some times it hard for new folks to find stuff in the forums. Don't get discouraged
    Agreed. It isn't terribly difficult to get running once it's unlocked. Realistically, it's less than 10 minutes unless you need to change the OS version
    11-08-09 09:26 PM
    Agreed. It isn't terribly difficult to get running once it's unlocked. Realistically, it's less than 10 minutes unless you need to change the OS version
    i paid i ma and pa cell phone store to set it up 15 bucks
    11-08-09 09:56 PM
    Yup the OS is the hardest part. I just spent 2 hours making a screenshot guide of how to install a new os on my blog. 40 pictures later, yes it takes a bit especially the first time!
    11-21-09 12:06 AM
    WAIT A MINUTE.... WAIT A MINUTE!!! A unlocked storm will work on t-mobile!! I do apologize for my ignorance but I was seriously considering leaving T-Mobile for the storm but didn't want to pay Verizon a deposit for a higher phone bill. Please somebody guide me to the correct post or pin me 212b966, Thanks. This has really made my day!!!
    11-21-09 01:40 PM
    Yes you can! That's what I have. Its sweeet

11-21-09 02:08 PM
    Unfortunately, I doubt you'll see any global device that works with T-Mobile's 3G, unless T-Mobile releases it themselves. They chose the 1700 MHz band because it was reliable and unclogged. The downside to that is that you MUST have a T-Mobile 3G capable device, because they're the only ones on the frequency so far.
    The Nokia N900 should work on t-Mobile's 3G. That's the only device that's really intrigued me to consider leaving VZW. That machine is a beast!

11-21-09 03:32 PM
    WAIT A MINUTE.... WAIT A MINUTE!!! A unlocked storm will work on t-mobile!! I do apologize for my ignorance but I was seriously considering leaving T-Mobile for the storm but didn't want to pay Verizon a deposit for a higher phone bill. Please somebody guide me to the correct post or pin me 212b966, Thanks. This has really made my day!!!
    215c198e pin me if you need help or have questions. You are short in your pin so I couldn't directly pin you.
    11-23-09 10:35 PM
    What about the Storm2.....after its unlocked is it easy to set up on T-mobile?
    11-24-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD