Can someone that knows the actual numbers on the amount of Storm units sold vs the amount returned please provide some info. And if you can provide the source of your information it would greatly be appreciated.
    07-08-09 04:00 PM
    come on now, I know someone has the info. 80 + views and not one response
    07-09-09 12:22 AM
    come on now, I know someone has the info. 80 + views and not one response
    No one really cares

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 09:19 AM
    No one really cares

actually they do. If you read the other forum areas you would see that.
    07-09-09 10:03 AM
    As far as I know, that's not something Verizon tracks. We track total number of returns/exchanges, but not specific models.
    07-09-09 10:30 AM
    I'm fairly certain, neither Verizon nor RIM provides those numbers.
    07-09-09 10:30 AM
    Ill see what I can dig up Paul

07-09-09 10:32 AM
    Proprietary numbers known by RIM & VZW. They are unpublished & not available for public release.

There are those who know these numbers. They could give them to you, but then they'd have to kill you.

07-09-09 10:35 AM
    There are those who know these numbers. They could give them to you, but then they'd have to kill you.
    *snicker*
    07-09-09 10:38 AM
    Definately more accessible of a report than one would think. Anyone at least in my region can see

07-09-09 10:43 AM
    Definately more accessible of a report than one would think. Anyone at least in my region can see
    Now, how about sales & actual defects?

Each time I've gotten to see this kind of info, it usually has the warning of PROPRIETARY INFORMATION on it. I get to see it usually when I am looking over a shoulder or it is left out on a desk. Industry trade info is usually not much more than estimates, speculation or unconfirmed leaks.

07-09-09 12:54 PM
    Just seems wildly high to me but I've never given it much thought. I would be curious at how the business model functions.

I hope with those return rates (especially with the allusion that other phones have higher rates) are such a small part of the budget as to be inconsequential. Seems tough to support that high a churn on hardware. I also wonder if those rates include someone like me that had a few bad devices in a row on refurbs.
    07-09-09 01:43 PM
    Just seems wildly high to me but I've never given it much thought. I would be curious at how the business model functions.
    It is called higher prices for lower-quality equipment, along with heavy subsidies.

The carriers don't really make money on the phones - they bank on the service.

07-09-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD