Just stopped by to see pearl flip. Had a storm on display and when I asked the sales said probably june they would be available to alltel customers. I thought it was weird when it was there with the other blackberries. Youngstown ohio by the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 04:35 PM
    I talked to a rep at our local store the other day and was told the storm is available to the reps now, and will be available to the public soon.

05-11-09 05:45 PM
    Yeah. The rep that helped me had one. He also said that the os is supposed to be updated around june 1st. Maybe they figure they can. Get one more monster sales push out of the storm with an OS update and alltel release.

05-11-09 09:10 PM
    The Storm isn't a bad phone, but there is a steep learning curve. With Verizon's current 4.7.75, it's rather buggy and very laggy. I know that the typing couldn't keep up. So hopefully for Alltel, they will push an OS update out. I know the .141 update for Verizon failed. That's why I went back to my Curve.
    05-15-09 08:27 AM
    Yeah I'm not really concerned with the availability of the storm. I personally don't care for any of the touch screen phones I've used/played with. I'll stay with my curve at this point.

05-15-09 08:32 AM
    I am more into hoping that this leads to the availability of the tour to alltel customers.

05-15-09 01:11 PM
    Yea, I wanna see the tour with alltel. F a storm
    05-15-09 02:03 PM
    in june they will be selling both Alltel and Verizon phones. By june 11 there will be no more Alltel and everything will be Verizon. Verizon phones, Verizon signs, Verizon rep name tags etc. Heard this from a corporate manager at my interview. Its a process but its gonna be done soon.
    05-15-09 02:08 PM
    At my store in michigan, we are getting vzw phones and displays in the next month, we will still continue to sell 12 current alltel handsets, they are making room for the 25 or so devices that vzw has that we will carry. We are only one of 2 stores this is happening to I'm my market. The phasing out of alltel should be completed in 3Q or around sept.

It is store by store peeps, don't forget that different for every state and market.

05-15-09 11:06 PM
    It is store by store peeps, don't forget that different for every state and market.
    Exactly... and the Alltel Stores that are selling both Alltel & Verizon are in places where both had presence pre-merger, and the Alltel assets are not being divested... as in not very many places.
    05-16-09 08:58 AM
    2 of the 11-13 stores in my market are duel pos, there are 2 corp vzw locations within 1/4 mile from my store,it will evetually close.

05-16-09 04:35 PM
    Its all alltel in my area (Mankato, MN) and no on there knows when it will start changing, we also have the alltel civic center here to, in the past 10 years it has been midwest wireless civic center, then alltel civic center, and I'm sure it will be the verizon civic center.... The ****...

05-16-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD