Hey all thanks for stopping by and reading this...Maybe someone can give me a an idea as to what I should so....

For what its worth I am due for an upgrade in March of this year....Now I did an early upgrade and got the Droid Eris (Dumb idea) and returned it....Now I am tossed at what to do because I know the Storm 2 is a completely different beast than any of the Droids, but like the layout of the Storm 2 and feel its something I can get used to....Now I keep reading online at different sources that RIM is in the process of developing a Storm 3 or developed depending on where you read, should I wait til that's released or get the Storm 2 cause no one really know when the release date is....?

Thanks
    01-16-10 11:06 AM
    No idea.....if I was going to guess, I would think around the 3rd quarter like the other 2.....nothing like Storm's at Christmas time.
    01-16-10 11:09 AM
    Who knows what is going on with the storm 3. If you wait for the 3, then rumors of the 4 will be out. What will you do then? Get the device if you like.
    01-16-10 11:10 AM
    Hey all thanks for stopping by and reading this...Maybe someone can give me a an idea as to what I should so....

For what its worth I am due for an upgrade in March of this year....Now I did an early upgrade and got the Droid Eris (Dumb idea) and returned it....Now I am tossed at what to do because I know the Storm 2 is a completely different beast than any of the Droids, but like the layout of the Storm 2 and feel its something I can get used to....Now I keep reading online at different sources that RIM is in the process of developing a Storm 3 or developed depending on where you read, should I wait til that's released or get the Storm 2 cause no one really know when the release date is....?

Thanks
    Looks like you've made a decision to get a touch screen and you have some time before you make a final decision. Spend that time playing with the different devices, make an educated decision, and get the device you'll want to hang to for a while. There will always be a replacement in the pipeline for the device you are currently holding in your hand. If you keep waiting for the latest and greatest, you'll never upgrade.
    01-16-10 01:02 PM
    Looks like you've made a decision to get a touch screen and you have some time before you make a final decision. Spend that time playing with the different devices, make an educated decision, and get the device you'll want to hang to for a while. There will always be a replacement in the pipeline for the device you are currently holding in your hand. If you keep waiting for the latest and greatest, you'll never upgrade.

Ditto (i_hiker). Pick up the Storm2 now. If a new model (S3) is released late in 2010 then you can wait 2-4 months for an Early Upgrade....after all the kinks have been worked out of the new S3. That way you aren't an "early adopter" and you can avoid that frustration.
    Just my $0.02.
    01-16-10 01:35 PM
    I agree with all the above posters. Get the Storm 2 and you'll be happy. If you are always waiting for the next best thing....you'll always be waiting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 11:03 PM
    +1 agree with all above. Pull trigger on S2. By the time your next upgrade rolls around early adopters (God bless 'em) would have pointed out the bugs on S3 and RIM will have fixed them. Plus price to purchase S3 will be lower. Go for it.
    01-17-10 12:01 PM

Thanks
    why didn't you like the droid eris?
    01-17-10 06:58 PM
    I was in just about the IDENTICAL situation...due for an upgrade from my Storm 1 and was at the verizon store almost daily playing with the storm 2, droid, droid eris...searching the internet for news about the nexus one and waiting to hear about news for the iphone with verizon...

I decided to stick with blackberry sice I use my phone more for work than anything else. I am really thrilled that I did. The Sotrm 2 is everything I liked about the Storm with all the bugs and kinks worked out! I've only had it through the weekend so I hope I didn't jinx myself but I love it...I haven't had any issues.

I read all about the storm 3 potentially coming out in June of this year then in December of 2010 but who knows and as someone else posted...there will then bbe rumorsof the next best thing, storm 4, etc.

I hope that helps you.
    01-18-10 09:56 AM
    Don't forget LTE and 4G. LoL. Never ending!
    01-18-10 03:01 PM
    I'm in with other people saying S2. It's a wonderful phone and most of the kinks appear to be worked out of it. There are some manufacturing problems so watch out before you leave the store. I've decided I'm going to stop buying the new hot things (Palm Pre and HTC Mogul let me down) due to having too many 'I'm a new phone/OS' issues.
    01-18-10 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD