anyone else with a storm2 on telus with the vibrate issue? ie: barely feel the vibrate in hand and it makes a very loud buzz, almost like the buzz sound is coming from the speaker itself as a normal sound alert ;p
    11-24-09 10:52 PM
    Anyone else notice that Telus lists the Storm 1 and the Storm 2 at the same price for "no contract"....lol
    11-25-09 12:42 PM
    Ok well today I exchanged my storm2 for a 9700. Didn't want to bother with all the problems with the Storm2 everyone is having.
    11-25-09 01:26 PM
    Ok well today I exchanged my storm2 for a 9700. Didn't want to bother with all the problems with the Storm2 everyone is having.
    What other problems did you have besides the weak vibrate? Did you try other Storm2's?
    11-25-09 01:33 PM
    What other problems did you have besides the weak vibrate? Did you try other Storm2's?
    I tried two...and I gave up. I don't want to stress out over a phone so I jumped ship to the 9700.

Problems on first phone:
    -LED is off-center, so its too dim, this is manufacturing problem
    -vibrate is weak and loud, so I can't use vibrate in meetings (pointless)
    -speaker stopped working, so ringer, music, videos etc... can't hear anything
    -battery cover cheap and sticking out at the top

Problems on second phone:
    -LED is off-center, so its too dim, this is manufacturing problem
    -vibrate is weak and loud, so I can't use vibrate in meetings (pointless)
    -bottom buttons randomly wouldn't work, they'd have no give, as if the phone was locked or in power down mode, it was frustrating enough to not be able to wait for a mythical OS update that may or may not fix it

It's not worth my money to outright buy a phone with so many problems, plus I'm not the only one, many others in the 9550 section have the same issues, I went through all 50+ pages trying to find answers and I realized, why should I have to do this? I just want a phone that works.

This is not a Telus issue, its RIM. They have extremely poor QA.
    Last edited by mordenxp; 11-25-09 at 02:29 PM.
    11-25-09 02:26 PM
    This is not a Telus issue, its RIM. They have extremely poor QA.
    Well I don't blame you. And yes, there's no reason for quality issues like that to come out of RIM's facilities when there is so much competition out there.

Perhaps their next batch will be much improved.
    11-25-09 03:40 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD