Just bought it right now.
    11-20-09 01:05 PM
    Where is the one you picked up made? Mexico or Canada?
    11-20-09 01:06 PM
    I hate Telus so much...talk about a sleeper release. Zero advertising.

All I want to know at this point is if it will run on Rogers on 3G...although...I think I've already heard my answer I think....
    11-20-09 08:48 PM
    Where is the one you picked up made? Mexico or Canada?
    I got it from Mexico. It seem to be working fine
    11-21-09 07:20 PM
    I hate Telus so much...talk about a sleeper release. Zero advertising.

All I want to know at this point is if it will run on Rogers on 3G...although...I think I've already heard my answer I think....

It won't run on Rogers 3G frequencies so you will only get EDGE speed.

I am not suprised with the way it was released since Telus released the HTC Hero, LG Chocolate 2, Iphone 3G & Gs and Bold 2
    11-21-09 07:23 PM
    just got mine too! Soo sweet, only one problem soo far, when i get emails pictures don't show up, im pretty sure they used to, any idea what is wrong? thanx
    11-21-09 09:07 PM
    just got mine too! Soo sweet, only one problem soo far, when i get emails pictures don't show up, im pretty sure they used to, any idea what is wrong? thanx
    you send your service books? that usually fixes that issue
    11-21-09 09:51 PM
    you send your service books? that usually fixes that issue
    fixed, thanx
    Last edited by shadydvh; 11-22-09 at 07:20 AM.
    11-22-09 12:25 AM
    I picked mine up on Friday and man what a HUGE difference/improvement over the S1! I even paid the full pop since I am only 11 months into my 3 year contract!
    11-23-09 11:45 AM
    I picked mine up on Friday and man what a HUGE difference/improvement over the S1! I even paid the full pop since I am only 11 months into my 3 year contract!
    Are you able to make use of the wifi? If so, are you having any problems?
    11-23-09 11:58 AM
    Are you able to make use of the wifi? If so, are you having any problems?
    Wi-Fi works awesome where there is a signal......not a huge factor for me as I have unlimited data but nice to have it as it is faster than using the 3G network. I have been using the Wi-Fi since Friday at home and at the office with no issues.
    11-23-09 12:25 PM
    I picked mine up on saturday (paid 0 for it don't ask me how), loving the wifi. I can be on a call and recieve an e-mail/bbm/go online at the same time. Its almost 3G :P (comparitively speaking of course)
    11-23-09 12:31 PM
    i went in to telus yesterday and if i never asked them about it you would never of none they had it why are they keeping it on the downlow it looks really swt!
    11-23-09 01:03 PM
    i went in to telus yesterday and if i never asked them about it you would never of none they had it why are they keeping it on the downlow it looks really swt!
    there keeping it on the down low because its cdma and their trying to push everone to the hspa phones
    11-23-09 02:10 PM
    Just picked mine up today. Wow, what a difference! Night and day! Vibrate's a little odd and led is a little dim but other than that, loving it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 04:35 PM
    Picked up my storm2 today from futureshop, loving it!

Only weird thing so far is the vibrate...is it really loud for anyone else?

New touch screen takes a little time to get used to compared to storm1

11-23-09 04:42 PM
    yea mines super loud.
    11-23-09 04:49 PM
    Is yours a Mexico model like mine? It should say on her box.

I'm wondering if this is normal?

11-23-09 05:01 PM
    Yea apparently all the manufacturing is done in Mexico now...they didn't have any made in canada ones which is a shame cause my original storm (which was pretty darn good I just managed to finagle them into replacing it) was made in Canada...
    11-23-09 05:35 PM
    Hummm maybe time to visit my local Telus store.
    11-24-09 12:23 AM
    Yea apparently all the manufacturing is done in Mexico now...they didn't have any made in canada ones
    Odd...unless they ran out of production capacity in Canada or they're using it for the 9700 or some other model. You would think that they would want to save freight costs by producing locally for the Canadian market.

On another note, anyone know their production & delivery cycle? When was the current batch produced and when will the next come to market? I know I'm asking a lot but just in case there are any RIM insiders reading this who might know this kind of info!
    11-24-09 01:38 PM
    Odd...unless they ran out of production capacity in Canada or they're using it for the 9700 or some other model. You would think that they would want to save freight costs by producing locally for the Canadian market.

On another note, anyone know their production & delivery cycle? When was the current batch produced and when will the next come to market? I know I'm asking a lot but just in case there are any RIM insiders reading this who might know this kind of info!
    Freight doesn't matter when it costs 1/16th the price per unit using Mexican labour.
    11-24-09 03:16 PM
    Freight doesn't matter when it costs 1/16th the price per unit using Mexican labour.
    I can't help but feel the manufacturing quality may be less than that of comparable Canadian made Storm 1's.....
    11-24-09 04:21 PM
    I can't help but feel the manufacturing quality may be less than that of comparable Canadian made Storm 1's.....
    That's true about the cheaper labour. But as they say..."you gets what you pays for!".
    11-24-09 06:05 PM
    So I am on my second storm now. Futureshop replaced it after I bought yesterday. The speaker stopped working completely.

The new one feels and works a lot better but I've noticed that both I've had so far have very loud vibrate sounds and weak vibrate feel and the LED hole is off center on both so its not as bright unless on an angle.

Not much we can do at this point...

11-24-09 07:57 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD