Thanks for clarifying. I wish the Telus website had been a little clearer on these details.

So there seems to be a huge diff between 3G and "3G+" - i.e. the CDMA2000 1XEVDO network would give the Storm 2 a data transfer rate of 700kbps under optimal conditions (average speeds of about 500kbps)....but devices on the HSPA+ network ("3G+") would have transfer rates up to 7.2 Mbit/s....is this right? It just seems like the user would experience a huge difference depending what network their Storm 2 was operating on.
    12-07-09 03:33 PM
    well the quickest a berry does on hspa is 3.8mb/s

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 04:34 PM
    Okay, this has been helpful. thanks!
    12-07-09 07:06 PM
    No problem
    12-07-09 08:16 PM
    I am currently in South America with Verizon international roaming data plan. Their partner is PORTA GSM that is a 3.5G carrier. Their HSDPA is 2100 and so is Verizons but only blackberry in South America that can get 3G/3.5G is The 9000 Bold. Sucks!!!
    12-08-09 05:31 PM
    You guys need to do ur homework more. CDMA is 1XEV 1X MEANING DIGITAL VOICE THE 3G COMES INTO PLAY Because of EVDO THATS Evolution Data Only. UR VOICE IS NOT 3G its 2G, your DATA IS 3G. CLose this thread. This has been posted about a million times
    12-09-09 05:47 PM
    Do you think a 9520 unlock + hspa telus sim card = works

12-09-09 09:42 PM
    Do you think a 9520 unlock + hspa telus sim card = works

No.

Unlock only affects carrier lock - if you can find someone to unlock the HSPA frequencies, let everyone know, because that would allow both storms, 1 and 2, to operate on the Telus/Bell/Rogers HSPA networks (it was confirmed that both phones have the NA GSM 3G frequencies, but locked out)

Odds are, RIM is the only one that can do it...
    12-11-09 12:51 AM
    No.

Unlock only affects carrier lock - if you can find someone to unlock the HSPA frequencies, let everyone know, because that would allow both storms, 1 and 2, to operate on the Telus/Bell/Rogers HSPA networks (it was confirmed that both phones have the NA GSM 3G frequencies, but locked out)

Odds are, RIM is the only one that can do it...
    link? proof?

(note - not being negative/calling you out, just very hopeful )
    12-11-09 10:05 AM
    The frequencies are programmed into the low level programming right at the level of the Qualcomm processor. There is no way around it period. RIM (or Qualcomm) is the only place this could be done and even then, good luck finding a RIM employee that could do it (or even if you found one that could do it, good luck finding one that would do it).
    12-11-09 02:55 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD