Per Verizon, the outage has been fixed, but I still have no email. I've tried everything, battery pull, service books etc and nothing has worked. I called Verizon and they were not able to help. They said if emails don't start rolling in by tomorrow I should delete my account and reinstall. Really? Does it generally take this long for email to come back after an outage? I am able to access the internet. Beyond frustrated...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-11 09:37 PM
    My email was never affected by the outage today. BlackBerry Browser and other data app were, but not email.
    02-26-11 09:39 PM
    ^Same here.^ I wouldn't wait just delete ur email accounts then add 'em again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-11 11:39 PM
    Well, as a last resort, I deleted my email account and re-installed it. And, still no emails coming in!!! I've tried every single thing I can try and Verizon Wireless is no help over the phone. Does anybody know if I were to go into an actual Verizon store would they be able to help? Or, are they clueless as well?
    02-27-11 10:49 AM
    Are you getting a full data signal?
    Is the rest of your data working properly?
    02-27-11 11:11 AM
    Yes, full data signal and everything else is working fine. I have internet access, etc.. I am able to send emails out, but nothing is coming in.
    02-27-11 11:20 AM
    When you readded the email accounts and registered them, did you get the confirmation that they were registered? You should have received an email confirmation for each address stating that the device was registered.
    02-27-11 11:25 AM
    Yes, I received that message saying "your handheld has been registered with the wireless network"
    02-27-11 11:31 AM
    But did you get the confirmation for each email address on the device?
    Are you able to send emails from the device?
    02-27-11 12:00 PM
    I only have one email address, and yes, I did receive the confirmation on the device. I am able to send emails, but nothing coming in.

Just spent another hour on the phone with Verizon. They said they exhausted all possibilities and transferred me over to BB Tech Support where the guy proceeded to tell me there would be a charge of 49.95. Forget it... might as well get a new phone, that doesn't quite make sense.
    02-27-11 12:07 PM
    I may try to pop into a Verizon store tomorrow just for kicks. Who knows... maybe I'll get lucky.

Also... do you guys think it is worth my while to just get a new phone? Even though I don't believe it is the phone, I don't know what else to try.

If I pay BB Tech Support the 49.95 and they can't resolve the issue, do you know if they refund your money?
    02-27-11 12:45 PM
    If you were referred to RIM support directly from a Verizon rep, you should not be charged. Call back.

(And no, they would not refund your money simply because the issue could not be solved.)

But do a little more checking on your device.

Go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book and see if you have the [CMIME] entry for your email address.

Try doing another battery pull or two.

Try sending the Service Books again yourself.
    02-27-11 12:54 PM
    Wow, that's good to know...thanks. I was wondering why he asked me for a credit card. I'll definitely give Verizon a call back.
    02-27-11 01:41 PM
    Check for the Service Book entries. If they are there, delete them and then resend your Service Books again.
    02-27-11 05:26 PM
    I'm back up and running! I would like to thank everyone who tried to help me with this issue on Sunday. My email is now working! I had a revelation this morning when I got up and decided to check the security settings. Turns out the firewall was turned on and blocking all incoming emails. Unchecked the box, and emails started rolling in. Seemed like such a simple fix, and am wondering why Verizon support doesn't mention this when trying to help???

Thanks Motorcycle Mama for taking time out of your Sunday to try to help me! Have a great Monday!
    02-28-11 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD