After my phone jumping into roaming close to the Sprint tower and the signal fluctuating/Searching for CDMA..., I contacted them regarding this. This is the response.

Sprint Rep: RIM and Sprint are working on a fix for this issue in the first Maintenance Release for the device. You may go to manage connections and turn connections off and then back on to remove the triangle. However, this is not a permanent fix.

Me: This will be fixed with an OS release or device release?

Sprint Rep: Yes, this will be corrected with the next software update.

So lets hope for the best
    08-08-09 04:40 PM
    That would be nice if they could get something to us soon...my signal was so miserable that they gave me an airave. my signal did pick up the day before I hooked the airave up, but I'm still using it. It was free. Now, can the do something for the screen ripple???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 07:30 PM
    Whats an airave?
    08-08-09 07:40 PM
    Mini cell tower for your house that runs off your high speed internet conection

08-08-09 07:56 PM
    How did you get one for free? I am dropping calls every now and then at my house which shows it should be good signal.
    08-08-09 10:25 PM
    I work construction and I hate the fatc when I walk into a trailer I lose all signal. When a collegue walks in with an 8800 on VZW and shows me he's got full strength... Confirms my reason to jump ship once the Strm2 is out.

08-09-09 12:31 PM
    Whats an airave?
    search the sprint forums you'll find it
    i have faith in you, lol

I'll give you a clue, its a signal booster.
    08-09-09 12:40 PM
    How did you get one for free? I am dropping calls every now and then at my house which shows it should be good signal.
    call acct services. they may help you out with the whole free airrave thing.
    again it is all over the sprint forums about how ppl get them for free all the time if you truly have a signal problem
    08-09-09 12:42 PM
    After my phone jumping into roaming close to the Sprint tower and the signal fluctuating/Searching for CDMA..., I contacted them regarding this. This is the response.

Sprint Rep: RIM and Sprint are working on a fix for this issue in the first Maintenance Release for the device. You may go to manage connections and turn connections off and then back on to remove the triangle. However, this is not a permanent fix.

Me: This will be fixed with an OS release or device release?

Sprint Rep: Yes, this will be corrected with the next software update.

So lets hope for the best
    Yeah good luck on that they told me the same excact thing with the 8330m 3 months ago. Still dont have a update for it that works. Also talked to RIM and they even have a fix for it sprint just hasen't asked for it. Hope you guys have better luck with it.
    08-09-09 09:29 PM
    Sprint sucks testes

10-27-09 08:41 PM
    Yeah good luck on that they told me the same exact thing with the 8330m 3 months ago. Still dont have a update for it that works. Also talked to RIM and they even have a fix for it sprint just hasen't asked for it. Hope you guys have better luck with it.
    The latest OS for the 8330m does address the signal flux. From the sprintnow site.
    The new software version is 4.5.0.175 bundle 295. � The BlackBerry 8330, 8130, and 8830 MR fixes the following issues. ? Display: ? If the customer received a new email or SMS text message, the Home screen might not have displayed an indication of a new message received. ? Wireless Network: ? In some cases, the signal strength indicator (RSSI) might have fluctuated randomly and the customer�s device might have appeared to have a strong connection to the wireless network, followed by a weaker connection. ? Messaging: ? Previously, if the customer�s SMS delivery option was set to immediate, their device might not have sent the SMS message immediately as expected ? If the customer�s were sent multiple MMS messages, they might not have received all of the MMS messages. ? Phone and Voice Dialing:
    I have this OS and my signal is pretty stable now, comparable to the phone I had before I got my curve, have noticed a heavier battery drain and some memory leak but it does resolve my signal flux.
    10-27-09 09:44 PM
    Sprint sucks testes

Really? Yours?
    10-27-09 09:45 PM
    My pearl was switching to roam even though I had a nearby sprint tower. I finally went into my connection settings and chose Home Only instead of Automatic and havent had any issues since. No signal losses and no dropped calls.

Maybe I think too deep, but I find it interesting that my phone seemed to start going into roam randomly and often around the same time Sprint came out with the Anytime Mobile Plan, which doesn't apply when roaming. Coincidence?
    10-28-09 12:23 AM
    I am having the same problem with my Curve. I also have Sprint - this what they told me when I called tech support... The Blackberries require an EVDO tower to function properly. Most Sprint towers are 1X towers. Regular cell phones will work great with a 1X tower but not a Blackberry. They will not give out free Airraves - so if u got 1 for "free" ur lucky. I have been dealing with this since Feb...plus airraves only boost signal while in ur house. Solution? Sprint say, "Deal with it, purchase a regular cell phone, or find another carrier." Buh-bye sprint...

10-30-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD