Recently found out that Sprint changed their upgrade policy from every 12 months to 22 months. (Was $150 off phone at 12 months, now only $75; the $150 comes off at 22 months.) Big change. 10 months is a long time

Just sent them email regarding this.

Obviously this has happened to other people. Just wondering if anyone was able to get their upgrades changed back to original date without having to upgrade their plans for 3 months?

I feel like they changed the rules in the middle of the game.

Thanks in advance
    08-23-11 06:57 PM
    You probably have a Silver or you're not the primary on a Gold, premier account.
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-23-11 07:06 PM
    I believe if you are a Premier Gold member, you are eligible for an upgrade every 12 months instead of 22 months per qualifying plan.

To be a Premier member though you have to maintain a monthly base plan of 89.99 for at least 3 months, or 169.99 for a shared plan for 3 months or you have been a wireless customer for at least 10 years.

Kind of tough though if you have a plan on your own....
    08-23-11 07:09 PM
    Sprint notified customers of the upcoming change back in Jan of this year. I don't like it but it seems to be a common move among the carriers. Verizon has done something similar.
    08-23-11 07:50 PM
    I hope sprint doesn't follow verizon and take away the unlimited data plan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 12:28 AM
    I hope sprint doesn't follow verizon and take away the unlimited data plan

They probably won't. Look at all the advertising money they spend to bash AT&T, T-Mo, and Verizon.

They won't get me back.
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-24-11 02:31 AM
    Eh, it's a bummer. What's $75 though if you really want that new phone after 12 months? Enough to make you wait another 10 months?
    08-24-11 10:15 AM
    Brandon, I know your right - I guess it was just the principal of the whole thing.
    08-24-11 10:42 AM
    premier customer i love that cute silver envelope they send out giving me a monthly discount...

SPRINT IS AWESOME!
    09-01-11 10:20 PM
    Eh, it's a bummer. What's $75 though if you really want that new phone after 12 months? Enough to make you wait another 10 months?
    Brandon, I know your right - I guess it was just the principal of the whole thing.
    it's not $75 more, but instead, $75 off the no-commitment price.
    09-01-11 10:42 PM
    They probably won't. Look at all the advertising money they spend to bash AT&T, T-Mo, and Verizon.

They won't get me back.
    Then what are you doing on this board? Just trolling? If you do not like Sprint then do not come here or be looked at as a troll.
    09-04-11 06:47 AM
    calm down! everyone can voice his/her opinion! I will say if you like Sprint so much, why do you waste time on this board?
    09-05-11 01:49 AM
    If you had an upgrade due before the end of April you were able to use it. I heard from a higher level Sprint rep that they extended it for customers who called and complained before the end of July but that was kept quiet.

09-10-11 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD