So hopefully I can get a unlocked Tour from someone who reports it stolen and then get it turned on for my service?
    07-24-09 10:58 AM
    Stupid question, when I go into sim card I get an ID number, in menu which option?

Better safe than sorry.

Never mind. Thanks OP for this info.
    Last edited by Ramg66; 07-24-09 at 12:10 PM.
    07-24-09 11:50 AM
    Stupid question, when I go into sim card I get an ID number, in menu which option?

Better safe than sorry.
    just start typing type MEPD then MEP2 (no caps lock, just made it big so you know what to type.)
    I was confused too
    07-24-09 12:10 PM
    after 56 mins on hold, guy answered and gave me the unlock code. took out my girlfriends t-mobile sim card and put it into my tour, switched the settings like told in this post and it works. says t-mobile right accross the top of the screen. made a phone call. everythings good. Thanks!!!
    Nothing wrong with free!!!!
    07-24-09 12:15 PM
    No need to payout cash when it was yours for free.

Just call up Sprint International Desk at 817-698-4199 Option 3 and request your unlock code. All they'll do is verify that you are a Sprint Account Holder with a registered Tour and you will get your unlock code at no charge.

(And no, this does not void any type of warranty
    "How to enter Unlock Code"

1) OPTIONS / ADVANCED OPTIONS / SIM CARD
    2) type MEPD then MEP2 (no caps lock, just made it big so you know what to type.)
    3) enter your unlock code
    4) battery pull and that's all.
    Thanks a million. I got mine!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 12:27 PM
    Thanks a million. I got mine!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You're welcome.
    07-24-09 12:29 PM
    i just paid 7$ yesterday and today i found out i can get it for free, i called and just got the code mean while im still waiting for the email from the unlock website
    07-24-09 12:32 PM
    same crap, you need the other sim card to unlock the phone... what bs lol should i just keep calling?
    I keep getting "Code error, Please wait", I have tried it twice, I'm thinking I need a different sim card. I had her tell me the number twice and I am 100% sure I typed it in right.
    07-24-09 12:51 PM
    Im not a Sprint user, but I got my VZW Tour unlocked yesterday for free. Thanks AlwaysLostSometimes, for your post. I didn't know how to check if it was unlocked until I went into the manual mode.

Just a quick question, now on my homescreen it says "Manual Mode" on top of the time. But my bars are all full and have 1xEV how do I switch back to its original settings? and does it affect my service if Im on manual mode?

Thanks!
    07-24-09 12:56 PM
    Got mine!!... Took but 3 minutes or so, I got me real nice rep..lol
    07-24-09 12:59 PM
    Im not a Sprint user, but I got my VZW Tour unlocked yesterday for free. Thanks AlwaysLostSometimes, for your post. I didn't know how to check if it was unlocked until I went into the manual mode.

Just a quick question, now on my homescreen it says "Manual Mode" on top of the time. But my bars are all full and have 1xEV how do I switch back to its original settings? and does it affect my service if Im on manual mode?

Thanks!
    Since you're in the US and plan on staying with the Verizon SIM in the phone, switch it back to AUTOMATIC

Go into your

OPTIONS / MOBILE NETWORK
    ---Data Services: ON
    ---Mobile Network: (Service Provider is titled) - Sprint PCS, Verizon etc...
    ---Network Selection Mode: Automatic
    ---Network Technology: Global
    07-24-09 01:33 PM
    I keep getting "Code error, Please wait", I have tried it twice, I'm thinking I need a different sim card. I had her tell me the number twice and I am 100% sure I typed it in right.
    Are you sure the Unlock code is 16 digits? Didn't write something incorrectly did you? Remember that it should be only numbers.
    07-24-09 01:35 PM
    Are you sure the Unlock code is 16 digits? Didn't write something incorrectly did you? Remember that it should be only numbers.
    Yes its 16 digits, she also said she would unlock my Sprint sim card, and said something about it taking 4 hours. I probably will call back and double check the code, but they told me also I could not unlock unless I changed the sim card, just want to make sure that is false.
    07-24-09 01:43 PM
    Mine said code error also, but after resetting the phone and checking through Mobile Network, it came up with T-Mobile. So, I'm guessing it worked. I don't have another SIM Card to check it with.
    07-24-09 01:46 PM
    just unlocked mine! then tested with tmobile sim and it worked beautifully.

guys who are getting a code error, its NOT unlocking. make sure your number is 16 digits because the lady first gave me a 15 digit code that did not work and resulted in the code error, then once we realized it and got the full 16 digits it said code accepted and everything works great!
    07-24-09 02:02 PM
    just unlocked mine! then tested with tmobile sim and it worked beautifully.

guys who are getting a code error, its NOT unlocking. make sure your number is 16 digits because the lady first gave me a 15 digit code that did not work and resulted in the code error, then once we realized it and got the full 16 digits it said code accepted and everything works great!
    Did you unlock with the T-Mobile sim in it, or Sprints?
    07-24-09 02:42 PM
    I just unlocked mine as well...

I do not have any other SIM card, just the one provided by Sprint. I politely told the agent that it was my understanding the phone was supposed to ship unlocked and it didn't and that I needed the unlock code since I would be travelling abroad within the next month or so.

She said I was correct and took a couple of minutes to get the code after getting my information. After that, she walked me through the steps posted by the OP (although she had me turn off the radio first), and then asked me to reboot the phone.

She asked me if I also wanted to activate my Sprint SIM card. After confirming that there is no charge for doing this (only for placing an actual call when in a different country), I said yes. She asked me the country I was going to visit and quoted me the rates for voice and data.

And after that... I was done. No need for a different SIM card or anything like that.

Thanks to the OP for the phone number to call directly!
    07-24-09 02:59 PM
    Did you unlock with the T-Mobile sim in it, or Sprints?
    I unlocked it with the stock Sprint SIM inserted, then when i was rebooting after the unlock I put a T-Mobile SIM in to test. Anyways, i put the stock Sprint SIM back in as the other one was my friends. But as a proof of concept, it worked great. I called from his number on my phone. No 3G, just edge.
    07-24-09 03:18 PM
    No one is SPAMMING, if you take to read the post, we clearly inform Sprint users that they can get the code for free, by calling Sprint.

Where we come in handy is for those who have a Sprint Tour that needs to be unlocked but are not a Sprint Customer. Sprint will not give them the code free
    hey no ranking on cellunlock.net. "david" gave me good service. they unlocked my tour in less than 24 hrs. i couldnt wait and trust sprint and wait for them to unclock my phone. u know how sprint can take forever to fix things. though im glad they are fixing this issue. one thing i wouldve wish is to pay a little bit less for the unlocking service.
    07-24-09 03:32 PM
    Here's what I think may be a stupid question, but I've never had a phone with these capabilities before...

Let's say I add an AT&T SIM card to my Sprint Tour... Is there a way to have both lines active at the same time? Or can I only use one network at a time?

I ask this because it would be great to be able to receive phone calls on both lines for the purposes I would be doing this. But if my Sprint line is going to be "turned off" and going to voicemail when I'm using the AT&T line, then I may need to find a different way to approach my needs.
    07-24-09 03:32 PM
    Here's what I think may be a stupid question, but I've never had a phone with these capabilities before...

Let's say I add an AT&T SIM card to my Sprint Tour... Is there a way to have both lines active at the same time? Or can I only use one network at a time?

I ask this because it would be great to be able to receive phone calls on both lines for the purposes I would be doing this. But if my Sprint line is going to be "turned off" and going to voicemail when I'm using the AT&T line, then I may need to find a different way to approach my needs.
    you can only have one or the other active at any given time because you have to switch the mobile network between CDMA/GSM. though its still kind of cool that we can have a "stealth" phone number that can be used when needed.
    07-24-09 03:36 PM
    you can only have one or the other active at any given time because you have to switch the mobile network between CDMA/GSM. though its still kind of cool that we can have a "stealth" phone number that can be used when needed.
    That's what I thought, but wanted to confirm...

I was thinking of the old days when I was on Nextel and I could have 2 lines on the same phone, and I believe either would ring. Although granted they were both Nextel lines.
    07-24-09 03:40 PM
    They gave me the wrong code to begin with, I called back and they gave me a totally different code, 16 numbers as before but I got a code accepted. I rebooted it and it now says Network Inactive in Sim card: Security Disabled.

Thanks for all the advice, if you have the right code it works with ease.
    07-24-09 03:54 PM
    I had an invalid code earlier. I called back and the first rep transposed two digits. The correct code was accepted. Thanks for the response to the invalid code posts.
    07-24-09 04:07 PM
    hrm im getting a no circuit channel available? what does that mean?
    07-24-09 06:53 PM
272 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD