im using tmobile and i followed the instruction, i called the sprint and try to get the unlock code but then they asked for my phone number and i gave them my tmobile number and the homegirl said i need to be a sprint user to get the unlock code...

does anyone nonsprint user get the unlock code through sprint?? if yes, i really need your help how to do it...

thanks......
    Carriers will only release codes to current customers.
    08-18-09 11:54 PM
    Got mine unlocked today. Tried with an AT&T SIM with Blackberry service to make sure it worked and it did. BBM, txting and phone calls all verified. Didn't try sending mail from my Sprint Blackberry e-mail though.
    08-20-09 10:59 AM
    i just got Sprint Tour from my friend, he said he bought it from ebay, it's said

"UNLOCKED GSM FOR INTERNATIONAL CARRIERS BUT IN THE USA IT WORKS ONLY WITH SPRINT

No new contract or contract upgrade required! Keep your same plan & phone number. All you have to do is call up Sprint to activate!. "

It's new in Box, but i'm leaving oversea (Thailand) next week and will be there for 1 month or 2, and i dnt have Sprint number. There are questions:

1) Can i use Thailand local simcard? make calling, txt, internet, etc
    2) Can i open BIS service in Thailand (there are 2 operators that offering Blackberry services there and they are all GSM)
    3) Do i need to unlock the Tour
    Pls Help and Thx!!
    08-21-09 12:50 AM
    i just got Sprint Tour from my friend, he said he bought it from ebay, it's said

"UNLOCKED GSM FOR INTERNATIONAL CARRIERS BUT IN THE USA IT WORKS ONLY WITH SPRINT

No new contract or contract upgrade required! Keep your same plan & phone number. All you have to do is call up Sprint to activate!. "

It's new in Box, but i'm leaving oversea (Thailand) next week and will be there for 1 month or 2, and i dnt have Sprint number. There are questions:

1) Can i use Thailand local simcard? make calling, txt, internet, etc
    2) Can i open BIS service in Thailand (there are 2 operators that offering Blackberry services there and they are all GSM)
    3) Do i need to unlock the Tour
    Pls Help and Thx!!
    Here are your answers:
    1-Yes you can, but to use Internet/Browser/Pin etc.. you will need to have a Blackberry Data Plan on that SIM card.

2-Yes you can if they offer it

3-Some Sprint Tours are shipped already unlocked, to verify that, you can put the SIM card in the phone and then go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and then select 2G and see if it works with another SIM

or

You can put the SIM card in the phone and then go to Options/Advanced Options/SIM card and then type "mepd" (without the quotes), if you see Diabled or Inactive next to Network , that means the Blackberry is unlocked.
    08-21-09 12:01 PM
    Here are your answers:
    1-Yes you can, but to use Internet/Browser/Pin etc.. you will need to have a Blackberry Data Plan on that SIM card.

3-Some Sprint Tours are shipped already unlocked, to verify that, you can put the SIM card in the phone and then go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and then select 2G and see if it works with another SIM

or

You can put the SIM card in the phone and then go to Options/Advanced Options/SIM card and then type "mepd" (without the quotes), if you see Diabled or Inactive next to Network , that means the Blackberry is unlocked.
    Thk very much, ^^ yet another question.
    I just put in my friend T-mobile simcard on my Tour.
    It shown T-mobile, and the Network status is "Disabled"
    but when i try making a call, it can't and replied me with IVR
    "No circuit channel available"

what's that mean?
    08-21-09 11:20 PM
    Thk very much, ^^ yet another question.
    I just put in my friend T-mobile simcard on my Tour.
    It shown T-mobile, and the Network status is "Disabled"
    but when i try making a call, it can't and replied me with IVR
    "No circuit channel available"

what's that mean?
    That's a known issue with some people trying to use the Tour with T-Mobile USA. RIM doesn't have a fix yet, but is believed to be resolved in the upcoming updated OS.

Your Tour is unlocked and will work with other SIM cards such as AT&T etc.. only problem appears to be with T-Mobile SIM cards.
    08-22-09 09:34 AM
    That's a known issue with some people trying to use the Tour with T-Mobile USA. RIM doesn't have a fix yet, but is believed to be resolved in the upcoming updated OS.

Your Tour is unlocked and will work with other SIM cards such as AT&T etc.. only problem appears to be with T-Mobile SIM cards.
    There is an issue about Activation Required.
    Can't i just call Sprint to activate the Tour?
    08-22-09 12:59 PM
    I called Sprint twice and they said my phone was already unlocked, and when I goto:
    options/advanced options/sim card it says security disabled on the top.
    08-23-09 03:06 PM
    I called Sprint twice and they said my phone was already unlocked, and when I goto:
    options/advanced options/sim card it says security disabled on the top.
    same here.

i called and got an unlock code for my first tour about a month ago. however, when i called for the code for my 2nd tour the rep said it was already unlocked. my sim card also displays "security disabled."
    08-28-09 01:56 AM
    Wow this is the first time I've heard of a company doing this @_@

not without finishing a contract first at least.
    08-28-09 09:17 AM
    Hey i live in the UK, and i want to get a tour. after hours and hours of searching i realised that although the tour would work on 3G in the united kingdom it still needs to be unlocked.
    Would sprint still unlock the phone if i buy it on a prepay? and pay the full $499.

Thank you.

P.S im looking for a new phone, i went for the apple iphone 3gs and hated it. so ive moved to blackberry, is the tour the best phone to get?
    09-08-09 01:28 PM
    All carrier should give them out for free.. It just depends who your rep is.. if they refuse try again and hope for someone nice..
    Some carriers expect you to be with them for a certain amount of time before unlocking your phone which i think is dumb.
    whats the point of a "world phone" if you really can't use it around the world...
    09-08-09 02:22 PM
    Just called and in less than 5 minutes .....

UNLOCKED...

Thanks all
    09-08-09 04:36 PM
    I called last night to get the unlock code and the rep said its already unlocked as well. I havent tested it with other carrier but i will do that toady after work and report back.
    09-09-09 02:09 PM
    I called last night to get the unlock code and the rep said its already unlocked as well. I havent tested it with other carrier but i will do that toady after work and report back.
    A lot of Sprint Tours are now shipped unlocked
    09-10-09 02:42 AM
    I used the online chat with sprint tonight to find out my Tour is already unlocked as well I got mine last saturday (9/5)

i wish i knew how to tell it was unlocked before i started the chat with them though..oh well. He was very friendly about it, went and looked without asking why i needed it
    09-10-09 07:31 PM
    Something i was thinking about...when i was chatting with the guy about unlocking my phone he said i had to activate my sprint sim card in order for my phone to accept other carriers sim cards? the phone is unlocked i thought that was good enough.

anyone with any ideas on this? should i chat with em again and have them activate the sim or is it good the way it is?

thanks guys
    09-11-09 07:46 AM
    So I got about 100 unlock codes using echat because I advertised I can unlock Tours. If international customer service rep says they don't know how, you can direct them to the following tools and they should get an unlock code for you:

Tell them to go to the following screens:
    1.Priemer Care
    2.Tools
    3.SPrint World Wide
    4.Blackberry Tour Lookup
    5.Put in MEID there, there is an unlock code there.
    09-11-09 08:31 AM
    I tried replacing the sim with a T mobile one and it didnt work even with the phone unlocked. I called the Sprint international desk and she mentioned that the sim that sprint provides doesnt really work in the US since we function on CDMA network but useful when you want to use sprint service with partners internationally. So even if you put in other SIM cards your phonein the US it is still picking up sprint service with the Global setting but if you switch to GSM and change the network selection mode to Manual it you can use other SIM cards. Anybody who got it to work on other carriers in the US can you brief us if you changed the settings.
    Funny i put in a T mobile sim card and the network it picked up said AT&T
    09-11-09 11:24 AM
    Here are your answers:

or

I found out it was unlocked by doing it your way....i really appreciate people like you knowing this stuff. I put my ATT card and it worked....kudos for you.
    09-14-09 04:09 AM
    I just got my 9650 today, and i read this post so I call sprint and they said "I cannot give you the lock code because the phone is not locked. It says activation required because you did not activate it on a sprint account".

Fiufh....
    11-07-10 11:53 AM
    I just got my 9650 today, and i read this post so I call sprint and they said "I cannot give you the lock code because the phone is not locked. It says activation required because you did not activate it on a sprint account".

Fiufh....
    The Sprint 9650 is already unlocked and can be used with GSM/Providers. You simply need to put a SIM in the phone and then go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and select 2G.

As far as the "Activation Required" you need the MSL code to remove that and we sell those. You can order it directly on our website.
    11-07-10 12:09 PM
272 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD