I am currently with Verizon and have the tour, but I am switching to Sprint (since I just got a job there) and am debating between just getting another tour or trying the Samsung Moment (Android). I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what the advantages are to the moment vs the tour. I love my tour but have heard many good things about the moment. Please let me know what you think. Your input is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Nicki
    01-21-10 09:02 PM
    I am currently with Verizon and have the tour, but I am switching to Sprint (since I just got a job there) and am debating between just getting another tour or trying the Samsung Moment (Android). I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what the advantages are to the moment vs the tour. I love my tour but have heard many good things about the moment. Please let me know what you think. Your input is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Nicki
    i dont own a tour so i cant comment on that but going from a different OS the android os is just too damn good its like a never ending story with many apps and stuff to do on it. and the moment having its 800 mhz processor the lag isnt even there! batttery life is awsome its up to u which ever you want
    01-22-10 12:03 AM
    I went from the Tour to the Hero and haven't looked back. If you need a physical keyboard get the Moment, if not take a look at the Hero too.

I can tell you which ever device you select you're not going to miss the incremental OS updates from RIM, the constant battery pulls, the need to reboot after installing or uninstalling an app, or the random on it's own reboots.

The only caution I would offer is if you're not a Google user than the Android OS won't be for you because you'll be missing out on all its capabilities. I use everything Google from G-Mail to Docs to Calendar and beyond, everything is integrated and accessible right on my Hero.
    01-22-10 01:52 AM
    I went from a Curve to a Moment for a week and switched back. The battery life just couldn't come close to matching my Curve.
    01-22-10 10:16 AM
    I was wondering the same thing yesterday. I had a storm 2 from verizon and I couldn't decide between the tour or the moment. I figured since it had been a while since I had a physical keyboard that I would try the tour first. Then if I didn't like it I could just get the moment and live with it. And if I did like it, I was hoping that the Tour 2 would come out within the 30 days as well.

So, since you are used to how the Tour works, you should try out the Moment and see if it will work for you. If you decide that you don't like it and miss the Tour, I'm sure you could get your restocking fee waived. Keep the Tour 2 in mind as well
    01-22-10 10:40 AM
    Have you tried the samsung moment in person? It is a sweet phone but you will need to charge it on a near-daily basis (based on both net reviews and a sprint employee I spoke with in person). Review the specs then go with your intuition. Good luck!! :-)
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-22-10 03:17 PM
    Have you tried the samsung moment in person? It is a sweet phone but you will need to charge it on a near-daily basis (based on both net reviews and a sprint employee I spoke with in person). Review the specs then go with your intuition. Good luck!! :-)

of course they need constant recharges they are pushing alot more data then a old curve and the screen the brightness all of that.. my friend has a droid and it pretty much goes hand to hand with batttery life on a moment. you cant compare a old curve that has lower resolution to a moment
    01-22-10 03:25 PM
    Completely different beasts.. Try it in person before you buy anything. I hated the Moment's keyboard with a passion, so I ruled that one out pretty quick.
    01-22-10 07:16 PM
    I own both the tour and the moment i think the moment is a much more fun phone the internet browser is amazing, theres just soooo many applications, the amoled screen supports 16million colors is just amazing, Android OS is alot more custimizable then blackberry os, it has a 800mhz processor and so much more. I do love my 9630 but if i had a choice to keep 1 or the other id pick the moment the 9630's battery is better then the moment but theres just so much on the moment that out weighs the tour when it comes to features.
    01-22-10 09:53 PM
    im loving the FREE apps and customizing i could do
    01-22-10 09:58 PM
    Thank you everyone for your advice. I did go check the Moment out in the store and think I'm going to give it a shot. If I don't like it I get either 30 or 90 days (not sure which since I'm now a Sprint employee) then I can just return it for the tour.
    01-22-10 10:39 PM
    I gave the moment and hero a shot! .... Disappointment

The tour is the best phone hands down

01-23-10 12:31 AM
    to each of his own bloodlinebb. yea if you dont like it just return it. to change the theme first download this appp called pandahome. you can use open home , pandahome, ahome on this. im using the gchrome theme
    01-23-10 09:13 AM
    of course they need constant recharges they are pushing alot more data then a old curve and the screen the brightness all of that.. my friend has a droid and it pretty much goes hand to hand with batttery life on a moment. you cant compare a old curve that has lower resolution to a moment
    Tour battery v moment battery. Never said anything about old phones.

01-23-10 03:24 PM
    The moment rocks as far as the os and android is awesome. Lots of apps available. The Battery life for me absolutely sucked so i went to the tour and havent looked back.
    01-24-10 12:05 AM
    Tour battery v moment battery. Never said anything about old phones.

ah my bad . and for the battery most people have a issue because the battery meter is wrong on the phone.. its a bug where you can have it fully charged and after 5 mins it will drop to 90% and when its on 15% it will stay there for hours.. its not the battery life.. have you actually tried killing the battery yourself before saying the battery life sucks? i did it 4 times and it seriously took me about 12 hours each time trying to kill it. and im talking about using everything having GPS on bluetooth etc. and this light program to drain it fast . it actually has a very good battery life just the meter reads it wrong
    01-24-10 06:31 AM
    I have the Tour and bought my wife a Moment. Biggest mistake I ever made. Constant dropped calls, and going into "airplane mode" She would sometimes drive around most of the day with no way to contact her.

Sent it back and got her the Curve 2 (8350) She loves it. Much lighter that my Tour.

If you want reliability stay with Blackberry.
    01-24-10 01:43 PM
    Honestly, I wouldn't get the Moment. The whole thing is just a brick, and the hardware keyboard isn't that great. If you want an Android phone I would suggest the HTC Hero. It's very slim, and it sports HTC's Sense UI, which makes the rather blank stock Android look amazing. A hardware keyboard isn't needed because the software keyboard is just so good.
    01-24-10 04:39 PM
    Well I stuck with the Tour for my primary line, but have added a 2nd line with Sprint (I get service extremely cheap) to get the Moment. I am currently comparing the 2 and there are things I love about both. If they could combine the Blackberry features and the android market place that would be a killer phone. I figure I'll play with the Moment for about 3 months or so then finally make up my mind.
    02-07-10 02:54 PM
    I am in the same boat, but for me I can't decide between the HTC Hero and the Samsung Moment. I don't particularly like the slide-out keyboards, so that's a "con" for the Moment. So, I guess I just answered my own question there......

But, I still think I will wait until the new Tour comes out. I've never owned a BlackBerry but I have a ton of friends that do, from the Curve 8330, 8530, 8900, and the Bold 9700 or something like that, and they ALL love their BlackBerry's and say they will never carry anything else....they think I'm crazy for wanting to try out an Android phone. I guess I could get the HTC Hero and if I don't like it I could return it within 30 days and either get the Tour 9630 or the 9650 (if it's released by then).

So, I guess I really didn't need to write this post, I pretty much made up my mind while writing it......
    02-07-10 03:06 PM
    Using a Moment right now and I'm DYING to get back to my Tour. The only thing I'm waiting for is the Tour 2, but I dislike this Moment so much that I'm thinking of just picking up an old BB off craigslist to use while I wait.
    02-07-10 03:50 PM
    no brainer, its the moment
    02-07-10 05:00 PM
    Android is the way to go now. its pulling forward while BB os stays the same
    02-08-10 01:13 AM
    I bought a moment the other day because of Radio Shack's sale ($49). Figured I'd try it out.

It's a cool phone, the screen is unbelievable, but the battery life is the dealbreaker for me. Yesterday I took it off the charger at 830am, I DIDN'T USE IT ONCE, and it's dead at 9pm. My iPhone doesn't have the greatest battery life, but it's leaps and bounds above the Moment. I'll be returning it today.
    02-08-10 07:11 AM
    I bought a moment the other day because of Radio Shack's sale ($49). Figured I'd try it out.

It's a cool phone, the screen is unbelievable, but the battery life is the dealbreaker for me. Yesterday I took it off the charger at 830am, I DIDN'T USE IT ONCE, and it's dead at 9pm. My iPhone doesn't have the greatest battery life, but it's leaps and bounds above the Moment. I'll be returning it today.
    did it actually turn off and did you turn brightness down and etc..
    02-08-10 11:49 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD