11-19-09 01:50 AM
32 12
tools
    You know what that is a phone that is supposed to be free from defects within the first year of purchase it obviously had a loose part on the board which Isa a defect. I would call customer retention and be a little firm about this situation and I bet they send you a replacement, this is why we shop at the corporate stores in the first place, because they can just swap out your phone in a situation like this.
    09-08-09 05:42 PM
    Wow, that was easy. I have a phone on the way with ZERO dollars out of my pocket (the way I thought it should be). Thank you so much for your help!!
    Glad to hear it all worked out! Hope your new phone is trouble-free!

You can do it online for Sprint without talking to anyone and it's free!

Google: Sprint advanced exchange online!

You have to answer a couple of questions, but it's well worth it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ooooh...thanks for this little resource. I've bookmarked it in the event I ever need it!

No wonder I love this community!
    09-08-09 05:56 PM
    i second the idea that u should get a dock. Its sooo convenient and u dont have to worry about the port...should be $20 or less...
    09-09-09 02:05 AM
    My brother's 8330 is in the process of getting exchanged under the warranty. You have to get to advanced tech support, not customer service, and the invoke the warranty exchange, not your TEP. They are sending out a refurb phone with a return envelope. No charge since its within the first year.

I never found the TEP plans to be worth it since there's a monthly fee plus a deductable -- its often easy to get a used phone off ebay or craigslist should you require it.
    09-09-09 04:09 PM
    I took my less than 1 year old 8330 in a Sprint store and got it replaced un warrenty as it wasn't charging, didn't cost me a dime and the reps there were excellant and very helpful.

That was right when Sprint had open TEP enrollement so I took the hint and signed mine up, from the sounds of it I might be wasting $7 a month.

Still, you can't buy a new BB on ebay for less than $100 or one that you have some type of reliable recourse should it not work.
    09-09-09 04:28 PM
    Glad to hear it all worked out! Hope your new phone is trouble-free!

Ooooh...thanks for this little resource. I've bookmarked it in the event I ever need it!

No wonder I love this community!

Hey no problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 06:53 PM
    As to what Githalantas is stating, it will usually be done through the E-ticket process as long as your device has not been replace more then 2 to 3 times, and to verify the process he is correct, I'm his mgr I should know right? ^_^
    I have had the curve for almost a year and have had it replaced twice.

One tech told me that I would get an upgrade since the curve keeps on breaking

So I did and went back, when it broke.

They took the phone apart then rebuilt it from the motherboard.

I am going back almost weekly since this phone is breaking over and over.

What should I do?

Confused
    11-19-09 01:50 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD