I had gone to my local sprint store today since my trackball was sticking and they said to come back in an hour and they would see what they could do and when I came back they gave me my berry back and said everything was fine, I walked to the car and fooled around with the trackball and noticed all the top buttons on my keyboard and the call/menu/trackball/back/end call buttons were all sunk down and the screen was raised up, the buttons are so low compared to the screen now I can barley press them, alls they are going to do is going to give me a refurb phone which I think is whack because they were the ones who damaged it, anyone have any ideas? I'm still stuck with my damaged berry for now so

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 10:28 PM
    I would have walked right back in the store an demanded a new one but I also would have check to see if the phone was fixed first. You walked out the store so they can say you damaged it.
    04-16-09 01:39 AM
    Well they had tried to play it off like everything was cool when I went in at first so when I went back in they knew I was there because I found out they had damaged it, I just can't believe they tried to act like it was fine and not tell me, like any person could see how damged it is, but I called sprint and everything they will only send me a refurb phone :-(

04-16-09 05:50 AM
    I would make the store replace it! They scratched mine up when I had issues. I had to remove it from an otterbox case. It had no scratches til the woman slide it on the countetr right infront of me! Then top it off she was the manager! I just said you are replacing my phone with a new one! She said no she wasn't! The guy next to me was paying his bill and told her she might want to re-think that. He was an off duty cop. And let her know right then she might not have a job very long if he called it in. Funny how fast they change their minds when they know they can be held on destruction of personal property!

04-16-09 07:06 AM
    Well they had tried to play it off like everything was cool when I went in at first so when I went back in they knew I was there because I found out they had damaged it, I just can't believe they tried to act like it was fine and not tell me, like any person could see how damged it is, but I called sprint and everything they will only send me a refurb phone :-(

One thing i have learned about refurb blackberry curves (after having 2 so far) is they are pretty much brand new phones.. Everyone i have gotten has had a brand new case and screen on it...
    04-16-09 07:38 AM
    Yea I have come to understand that now numus, do you think it will be the 8330m though? And the sprint rep I called on the phone said if the new phone I get has any scratches or anything I can just complain and get another so I guess that's just as good

04-16-09 08:42 AM
    SOunds to me like they took it apart, and when they did they put it back together wrong. If when putting it together you get the screen tray and the keyboard reversed in the order they are screwed down the keys feel way too low. It's an easy mistake to make and they should be able to fix it.

Having said that, you dont need to take the device apart to replace the trackball. Sounds like you lucked upon an inexperienced tech.

Take it back and tell them to fix it right.
    04-16-09 11:34 AM
    Well I'd rather get the new phone then have those idiots touch it again haha

04-16-09 11:49 AM
    Well I got the new/refurb phone from sprint today and everything seems to be fine except the brightness of the screen is deff a lot darker than my old one and the backlight is all the way up, like I said I had talked to sprint on the phone and they said if anything was wrong to just bring it back so I guess I prob should

04-16-09 08:18 PM
    Well I'd rather get the new phone then have those idiots touch it again haha

Then why create such an angry thread if the end result is you wanting the new phone anyway?
    04-17-09 12:18 PM
    well I got the refurb phone and everythings just fine now, and I was just angry at the fact that they had broken my phone and tried giving it to me like nothing was wrong, I think anyone else would be just as angry if that had happened to them, every things good now so thanks to all who helped i just never plan on going to the sprint store again from now on lol
    04-17-09 01:56 PM
    did you get a 8330m or another 8330?
    04-17-09 05:31 PM
    I got another 8330

04-17-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD