I currently have Everything Data for Sprint and realized I don't make too many calls, so I searched Google for a data only plan and found this Sprint plan. $29.99 for basically then same as I have now ($69.99) minus the calls - I would get a prepaid SIM for any calls I need to make here and there. I'm still under contract until 2012, but do you think Sprint would let me switch to this plan without extending my contract? I know they let you switch between all the better known plans without penalty.
    12-13-09 02:00 PM
    No contract extension. Not sure how you'd do it exactly though.
    If you call in an ask to be switched to it the rep may question why. Tell them it's for a relative or something.
    12-13-09 11:07 PM
    you only extend/renew your contract when you purchase new subsidized gear through them.
    12-13-09 11:09 PM
    Ok - I just wanted to make sure sprint relay wasn't a separate company, which would prohibit me from switching plans. So a switch should be within the terms of my contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 11:24 PM
    Yes a switch is okay in the terms of the contract, but I don't think they let you do a data only plan. If they let you do this be sure to let us know. That would be a good tid bit of knowledge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 08:29 AM
    I was just looking through the Plans booklet. They have a "Primary Data Plan...for data users who do not need voice services." It is $49.99 with a one-year agreement.
    12-14-09 07:41 PM
    I was just looking through the Plans booklet. They have a "Primary Data Plan...for data users who do not need voice services." It is $49.99 with a one-year agreement.
    Therein lies my dilemma - the plan I want (see link in post #1) is not on sprint.com, but on sprintrelay.com, which appears to be a site that caters to the hearing impaired (so no talk minutes). I'm trying to get an idea if/how I can switch to the relay plan from my mainstream sprint plan.
    12-14-09 07:48 PM
    I would guess that since they offer the "Primary Data Plan" that they would not let you use the Sprint Relay plan. IMHO it is not right to take advantage of a program designed for disabled. Maybe they get a grant to help defray the cost of the program.
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 12-14-09 at 08:07 PM.
    12-14-09 08:04 PM
    hmm i never thought about it from a moral perspective. i'll have to do some research to see if they are subsidized by the government/any organizations. from what i can see on their website it looks like they're just a branch of sprint that caters to a certain group to make a profit, like any normal business.
    12-14-09 08:31 PM
    that is absolutely true - that is their prime demographic, but would that stop them from doing business with anyone else? if a hearing impaired person wanted a voice plan, would sprint not sell them one?
    12-14-09 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD