I asked a Verizon rep about this when I thought about switching. He said they don't stray from the plans -- no exceptions. I don't know if this is true because we all know if you ask two reps the same question you'll get two different answers.
    Tell them that you want to cancel and switch to Sprint if they won't price match.
    03-16-08 02:10 PM
    Try calling Verizon and see if they will price match Sprint if you stay with them. They probably will just to keep you as a customer.
    tried that about 3 times, they won't do it, they just talk about how their service is better than Sprint's. So I'm just taking my chances with Sprint now, ordered my Pearl last night
    03-16-08 03:21 PM
    I found another site for Sprint customers where they gave this number for Blackberry support with Sprint and most people had their problems solved easily with them regarding their plan and billing, etc. as opposed to the other departments. Here's the number: 1-877-654-9111
    03-16-08 03:27 PM
    I found another site for Sprint customers where they gave this number for Blackberry support with Sprint and most people had their problems solved easily with them regarding their plan and billing, etc. as opposed to the other departments. Here's the number: 1-877-654-9111
    I have been with Sprint 10 years and last 3 years with Blackberry.

Sprint Blackberry Tech Support read from the screen and most don't even own Blackberries. And they are sub-contractors of Sprint and are not direct employees, so I don't know if they have full account access. I have heard different stories from them about what they can and can't do.

This is the best site for tech support but you would have to call Sprint about billing and trust me you will call them.
    03-16-08 04:08 PM
    Sprint is probably the worst company on the face of the earth to do cell phone service. I had them long before they merged with nextel and they sucked back then. There cs is horrible and they charge you for miniutes you don't even use. I don't know how they are now but I presume they still suck from the posts on here.
    03-16-08 04:38 PM
    That's what I like to see when I drive up...a couple of guys in yellow shirts puffing on cigarettes. Bleah.
    Seems like you need to quit going to 3rd party retailers. Corporate Store employees only wear black shirts. Yellow is only allowed at 3rd party, hence the reason for the lack of professionalism. Sprint should go exclusively corporate, cause 3rd party retailers can screw people like there's no tomorrow.
    03-16-08 10:46 PM
    Ive Never Had Major Problems With Sprint.. Ive Been With Em For The Past 4 Yrs And I Love Them.. Wouldnt Trade Em 4 Anythin...
    03-18-08 12:35 AM
    I want to switch to Sprint to save $20+ a month for a blackberry pearl (I have VZW now)...I already know that they have a reputation of bad CS, but is it true that they mess up accts a lot with charges showing up that shouldn't be there?
    The short answer is yes. I wanted transfer my old number from another carrier. It took 5 calls and about 3 hours of phone time to get it accomplished. The first time I did it, I explained exactly what I wanted to do. The rep seemed to understand and took me down path that didn't seem right. After going through a brunch of instructions that made no sense, I asked what does this have to do with transferring my old number. The rep said, "Oh, you want your number transferred; I can't do that. So I spent another half hour on hold, and the next person couldn't help me either. I kept getting transferred from one person who couldn't speak English to another, and each time the call got transferred, the volume went down. Finally, I couldn't hear a damn thing and I hung up.
    03-18-08 02:32 AM
    Ive Never Had Major Problems With Sprint.. Ive Been With Em For The Past 4 Yrs And I Love Them.. Wouldnt Trade Em 4 Anythin...
    same here..sometimes dealing with C.S. can be a hassle but they are working on fixing those issues and I never found a need to call them much anyways..

I have a great plan great service and know that AT&T or Verizon cant offer what I have at the price Im getting it at..
    and my plan isnt loaded with freebies either.
    03-18-08 08:07 AM
    The short answer is yes. I wanted transfer my old number from another carrier. It took 5 calls and about 3 hours of phone time to get it accomplished. The first time I did it, I explained exactly what I wanted to do. The rep seemed to understand and took me down path that didn't seem right. After going through a brunch of instructions that made no sense, I asked what does this have to do with transferring my old number. The rep said, "Oh, you want your number transferred; I can't do that. So I spent another half hour on hold, and the next person couldn't help me either. I kept getting transferred from one person who couldn't speak English to another, and each time the call got transferred, the volume went down. Finally, I couldn't hear a damn thing and I hung up.
    Sprint's number porting department used to be full of a bunch of a drunk monkeys, but they've seem to have that part worked out pretty well now. The thing that made it a pain to port numbers with Sprint is the 2 billing systems and 2 different networks. Sprint is the only company that has 2 separate networks, which makes things a ton more difficult than operating just a CDMA, or GSM network.
    03-18-08 09:04 AM
    My opion is that Sprint/Nextel are the worst. but thats because I had a bad experience with them. Im sure theres people that love them. But i would stick with Verizon if you can. Or Tmobile.
    03-18-08 09:18 AM
    lol @ yourstrulee post, i couldnt read it.. line breaks FTW!

right after i signed up with sprint, i had a few kinks to work out with the contract i signed, but it was easy going.
    definitely had some problems with dropped calls here and there, but after a couple PRL updates those went away too.

fast forward, my two years where up, and i re-upped my contract to get the pearl 8130. why? because no other carrier could give me what i have at the price i am getting from sprint.
    3 lines (1 of which is blackberry with services) almost 2000 minutes, unlimited text on 1 phone (already included with the BB, so thats 2 phones with it really), and 500 txts on the 3rd line. total equipment protection on all three lines. free nights and weekends at 6pm. all for right around $130.
    AT&T wanted almost $200. and i about laughed at Verizons offering of plan/phones and price.

T-Mo where i live sucks pretty much, theres dead patches in my neighborhood. so i didnt even price them out.

cheers
    03-18-08 09:31 AM
    While everyone's talking about bad carrier stories...I had AT&T and was active duty in the Marine Corp in 29 Palm, CA. The only service I had was roaming service so every bill was like $300.00. So no biggie, I pay the bills and get transferred to Richards Gebaur in, KC, MO. I cancel my service, pay my ETF, and 4 months later....4 months, I get a bill for $500 with a letter saying I was undercharged for Roaming fees during my time in CA. I took it to my lawyer and was told that by the wording of the contract I was legally responsible for the charges. 4 MONTHS LATER...screw AT&T!

Sprint has messed up my bill from time to time, but they have been quick to fix it. I don't know anyone with any carrier who hasn't had at least some charges on their bill that weren't warranted, but most carriers are quick to fix them. Sprint's always taken good care of me.
    03-18-08 09:40 AM
    We've been with Sprint for several years and have had the same types of problems everyone else is talking about. We've had to fight to get our rebate checks, had to fight to get charged the right prices for our phones and our plans, and fight to get any type of assistance. My husband is still having problems with the bluetooth on his Razor not working, and every time he calls them he's on the phone for an hour or more while they try to get it to do a "hard update". They want him to take it to a Sprint Store, but there's none here locally. I have not had any problems like that with my BB so far. But, I've only had it 3 months now, so I'll wait and see.
    03-24-08 09:53 PM
    I've been with AT&T since '94. People also complain about them and the same for T-Mobile, Verizon, Altel, Boost, etc. Custonpmer Service sucks in the stores.
    But, I've had more positive than negative

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have Sprint and I've had it for a while now, I have no problems with it. Just like he said it's the same problems you have with any other carrier.
    03-24-08 10:07 PM
    I left sprint because they were over charging me f them lol
    03-24-08 10:12 PM
    I've had Sprint for almost 10 years. And like everyone, Customer Service does suck, but it does depend on who you get. I've got good ones and I;ve got terrible ones where they dont know anything. coverage has actually gotten better I would say that.
    03-26-08 05:51 PM
    I have been a Sprint customer in '98. Having been a 10 year customer, I have not had a bad experience. Customer service has been great each and every time I've ever needed to call them, which has not been often.
    03-27-08 04:13 PM
    Sprint service is cool. There customer service sucks. Asks for Account Services when calling. That department knows what to do. Setting up your plan is the worse part of it. After getting the initial bill straight you should be good.
    03-28-08 01:46 PM
    I personally don't like Sprint. While I thought their data network was faster than AT&T's, their cell coverage sucked. Bad. I got tired of them after about 6 months and went to, ironically AT&T. Now I'm on Verizon. I wish they'd get phones faster is my only grip...*cough* the Curve!
    03-28-08 01:58 PM
    call coverage is based upon location. my bro has sprint and doesnt have a problem. AT&T however drops calls all over long island. i have several friends with iphone tell me they can do everything but make a phone call
    03-28-08 03:39 PM
    I have been there for 5 years now and was just about to seitch to tmo after I saw they have been billing me for mobile to mobile for a couple of months but couldnt make my self do it.Everybody has ups and downs and every body has reps that get in a bad mood at some point. When sprint does mess up its usually not hard to get it fixed and normally get a couple extra $'s off for the inconveniece
    04-05-08 08:16 PM
    OMG yes sprint is that bad. I was with them for 6 years and in all that time my bill was right about twice. Been with att since 07 and have never had a problem, plus I get better service than I ever did with sprint
    04-05-08 08:35 PM
    I switched last year from Verizon and everything is fine. CS isn't nearly as good but I don't call much. I saved SO much money with sprint and still roam free on vz's towers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-08 09:13 AM
    I've had Sprint for 8 years and I love them. CS isn't as bad for me as a lot of people are saying. I've had way worse CS experience with companies like Comcast.

But when comparing to other cell providers (I have AT&T for my work phone which my company recently switched to from Verizon) Sprint seems to be the best. One time I was on hold with AT&T for 40 minutes. The longest I have ever been on hold with Sprint was no longer than 5 minutes.

My bill is pretty cut and dry as well. I never have any errors on it.

When it comes to prices???? Sprint kills everybody. They def have the best plans/prices around. My friend with a BB from Verizon is paying 45 more than me with a few less things AND 200 less minutes. I rather deal with a few CS issues than pay 45-50 more a month.

As far as service I haven't had a dropped call since like 2000. Which even then they gave you a dollar for every dropped call you pressed * and some number for. I believe back then ALL carries had dropped call issues.
    Last edited by Carolina; 04-06-08 at 04:54 PM.
    04-06-08 04:44 PM
104 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD