I want to switch to Sprint to save $20+ a month for a blackberry pearl (I have VZW now)...I already know that they have a reputation of bad CS, but is it true that they mess up accts a lot with charges showing up that shouldn't be there?
    03-15-08 05:03 PM
    I've never had any problems that involved calling customer service, and I have plenty of friends with Sprint that haven't had any problems either. If you do have to call customer service it might be a pain, but if you go with the 99.99 unl plan there's not much to muck up.
    03-15-08 05:42 PM
    I am not a fan of Sprint. I had some issues with them about a contract a few years back and won't let go.
    03-15-08 05:56 PM
    The only problem I have with Sprint is their Customer Service Sucks royally.

But Service and Equipment wise, i've never had a problem.
    03-15-08 06:15 PM
    If you decide to go with sprint, you should check out the SERO plans. The lowest plan starting at $30 a month for 500 anytime min, unlimited data, and a whole lot more. I have that plan right now and it's great. Yeah sprints cs does suck and I've have to check my bill everytime because they were charging me $10 extra for something I never subscribed to...other than that they are OK. My contract is gonna expire at the end of this month and I may try T-mo, because I always hear great thing about them and there plans aren't too expensive either.
    yeah i'm planning to get the SERO plans, i just don't want something like that "$10 extra" you were getting...guess I'll give them a chance
    03-15-08 08:56 PM
    sprint rules! the new 99. everything plan is unbeatable! best plan to run your bb handsdown in my opinion. customer care sucks depending on who you get...if you get a bad rep. ask for another...tell them thank you but youd like to speak to someone else...ive done it...there are good reps...ive had them...also had the bad...you just got to be patient. also the 8130 rocks my socks! so yeah ....go get one and get on the 99. plan asap!
    03-15-08 09:46 PM
    I have had sprint for a few years and its more good than bad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-08 09:51 PM
    well I just placed my order so I'll have my Pearl sometime next week =) although I am upset that CA tax is based off of the $499 price and not the $199 after discount
    03-15-08 10:11 PM
    well I just placed my order so I'll have my Pearl sometime next week =) although I am upset that CA tax is based off of the $499 price and not the $199 after discount
    Well that is screwed up. Government, they let you have just enough of your pay check to make you feel like it is worth it.
    03-15-08 10:15 PM
    I've been with Sprint for about 9 years now and have never had any serious problems with their CS. I do get excellent coverage out here in So Cal.
    03-15-08 10:39 PM
    I've been with them for 8 yrs...Really not that bad...Just as long as you dont have to deal with them. I try to make as few changes to my plan as I can.
    03-15-08 11:11 PM
    I've been with AT&T since '94. People also complain about them and the same for T-Mobile, Verizon, Altel, Boost, etc. Custonpmer Service sucks in the stores.
    But, I've had more positive than negative

03-15-08 11:40 PM
    I had sprint 10 years ago and had issues. But then again that was 10 years ago. No matter who you have, no provider is perfect.

03-15-08 11:45 PM
    D*mn.....fat-fingering the keys again. Sorry about the spelling

03-15-08 11:45 PM
    Yes Sprint is really that bad. Their CS is horrible. Nextel's CS was awesome. Sprint needed to take cues from Nextel. Instead, they decided to force their ideas on Nextel, effectively destroying both companies as well as both customer bases. I am still shown as being on a government account, but now when I call, I talk to the same stupid people everyone else does. Someone who has no idea what they are talking about. Before, I talked to someone in goernment accounts who solve my problem, quickly and without issue. Now, I am lucky if they even understand my problem. Stay away from Sprint, they like to screw with your bills, and add in hidden charges whenever they want. They opted to drop the government E911, and universal service fees in favor of their own fees, regardless of the fact that, that is a violation of each and every contract they have with individuals. They don't care anymore. It is only a matter of time before they try to sneak those same charges back in. Can't wait for my contract to be up, and go with a better provider. Nextel was great. Sprint is truly horrible.
    Last edited by fyrfyter; 03-16-08 at 12:14 AM.
    03-16-08 12:11 AM
    The reps themselves seem nice and generally try to do what they can, and I usually don't have to wait long. The way the company is set up, however, is terrible...there doesn't seem to be much of a rhyme or reason. I get promises to be called back and never receive a call back; they thought they called my Pearl back to the warehouse after sending it out, but it came to my door. The activation got screwed up, and it still says "Activating..." every time I call them. Ah, well.

I really wish they had a better selection of Berries...the Pearl is the only one offered. There's no Curve.

The reception is also not that great. With my old phone, I got a lot of disconnects...not so with the Berry, but data coverage can be spotty.
    03-16-08 12:26 AM
    Yes, they are that bad.
    03-16-08 12:32 AM
    Sprint is horrible when it comes to customer service and phone coverage and the hidden charges. When I used to be a Sprint Customer, I rarely had service inside my house and also, just as soon as I got next to a tree, I lost service and in my basement, I didnt have any service at all. Sprint + Phone service = Terrible and Frustrating. Their understanding is also terrible, I ordered a phone one day and they sent me two. I called them back and told them that I only ordered one phone and they said sorry for the confusion, we understand that this can be frustrating at times and we would be more than happy to take the phone back, here's an address that you can send the phone to and a tracking number to check the status of the phone. ok no problems there. I sent the phone back and thats where the frustration and my urge to file a lawsuit began. I called them and asked them if they got the phone and they said No, I never sent the phone back. Huh? Come again? And they took the phone and still charged me for the phone. Dont step into that trap, dont go the Sprint direction. I never paid the bill and decided to go to T-Mobile. I've been a T-Mobile customer for a long time now and I love their service. Excellent and friendly customer service, inexpensive rates, no hidden charges (except I think they charge you every time you call them - they told me that. Not sure if they actually do or if the CSR was just playing with me but I assume that they really do. I never bothered to ask them if it's true or not), excellent phone signal and very reliable. Oh and what are the chances of you asking for a customer service rep that knows what the heck they're talking about/doing and you actually getting that one. Very slim chance if you ask me, you'll be lucky if you do.
    Last edited by yourstrulee; 03-16-08 at 02:44 AM.
    03-16-08 02:22 AM
    I've had Sprint for over two years, and got a new contract when I got my Pearl. I've never had any serious issues with them. Yes, their customer service can be a pain, but whose is perfect? There's Sprint stores just about everywhere, so I rarely have to call. If there's an issue I just go in and resolve it that way. I originally chose them because they were the best value as far as rates and services went, and in my opinion they still are.
    03-16-08 04:05 AM
    Sprint CS is TERRIBLE. I think they have to lower the prices to make up for the terrible CS.

Since their merger with Nextel about 4 years ago, they have received the lowest CS ratings of all the major carriers every year by JD Power and Consumer Reports.

Every month I have to keep calling them about crazy charges on my bill. So if you have the time to babysit, your bill and your services by all means choose Sprint.

I wouldn't even choose Sprint now. They lost over a half a million customers two quarters in a row and expect to lose an additional 1.2 million customers just in Q1-2008.

I would wait until Q3 when they have to show some significant improvement to consider them as your carrier.

PS. And now I hear the Curve will probably come out Q3 as well.
    03-16-08 05:21 AM
    I want to switch to Sprint to save $20+ a month for a blackberry pearl (I have VZW now)...I already know that they have a reputation of bad CS, but is it true that they mess up accts a lot with charges showing up that shouldn't be there?
    Try calling Verizon and see if they will price match Sprint if you stay with them. They probably will just to keep you as a customer.
    03-16-08 05:22 AM
    I've had sprint going on 3 years. The service is great, however, the customer service is anything but... You may get a professional csr few and far between, but if you can avoid it at all cost, dont contact them. Same goes for the reps in the store. I still can not understand how the store reps and csr's dont know the same info about the same company... I agree with orle8050
    03-16-08 08:39 AM
    I've had sprint going on 3 years. The service is great, however, the customer service is anything but... You may get a professional csr few and far between, but if you can avoid it at all cost, dont contact them. Same goes for the reps in the store. I still can not understand how the store reps and csr's dont know the same info about the same company... I agree with orle8050
    The store reps are pretty terrible...they never know anything about most of the phones. Before I got the 8130, I went into a store and tried to get some information on several of the phones. They only had working models of a couple of them, and the reps didn't really know how to use them. At both of the stores I go to, the employees are also fairly sloppy, and go on their smoke breaks at the front of the store. That's what I like to see when I drive up...a couple of guys in yellow shirts puffing on cigarettes. Bleah.

What sold me on the Pearl was a rep who called me about a "customer satisfaction survey" (they're asking how they're screwing up and how they can make it better - I told them a few things). I started asking about the phone, and she said she had one herself - which I believe, because she really knew how to use it.

All of the reps I've talked to on the phone - including the ones from India - have been professional and seemed like they were putting forth the effort within a terribly flawed system. If there are any bad ones, who can blame them for being angry when they work for a company that's so screwed up?
    03-16-08 01:25 PM
    Try calling Verizon and see if they will price match Sprint if you stay with them. They probably will just to keep you as a customer.
    I asked a Verizon rep about this when I thought about switching. He said they don't stray from the plans -- no exceptions. I don't know if this is true because we all know if you ask two reps the same question you'll get two different answers.
    03-16-08 01:36 PM
    I asked a Verizon rep about this when I thought about switching. He said they don't stray from the plans -- no exceptions. I don't know if this is true because we all know if you ask two reps the same question you'll get two different answers.
    Retentions will most likely be the place where you could get such an offer. They have more options since their job is to try and keep customers.
    03-16-08 01:58 PM
104 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD