i just got a new pearl 9130 through my sprint insurance 2 days ago and yesterday the dog chewed it. everything still works fine its just gouged up a bit. i havent sent my old one back yet which has water damage. does anyone know if i can use another insurance claim this soon. and will they take just a scratched phone on a claim or should i give it some water damage or say it is lost or stolen? also if anyone knows a way around me having to pay another hundred dollars to get a new phone that would be awesome. i was thinking if maybe anyone knows if there is a way i could just switch the casing from the old phone to the new one. i will post that question in another forum too. Any help is greatly appriciated
    07-31-09 01:59 PM
    Since they're going to be disposing of the housing on the one you're sending in anyway! You could just switch housings. I'll see if I can get you the info on changing the housing in a moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 02:15 PM
    i just got a new pearl 9130 through my sprint insurance 2 days ago and yesterday the dog chewed it. everything still works fine its just gouged up a bit. i havent sent my old one back yet which has water damage. does anyone know if i can use another insurance claim this soon. and will they take just a scratched phone on a claim or should i give it some water damage or say it is lost or stolen? also if anyone knows a way around me having to pay another hundred dollars to get a new phone that would be awesome. i was thinking if maybe anyone knows if there is a way i could just switch the casing from the old phone to the new one. i will post that question in another forum too. Any help is greatly appriciated
    If you take your new chewed phone to a sprint service center near your house they will change the housing for you since you have insurance
    07-31-09 05:46 PM
    Pay your $100.00 claim again....once again someone wanting something for nothing...like it is anyone's fault but your own that your dog chewed it.
    Last edited by princess_t; 07-31-09 at 11:46 PM. Reason: wanted threadback
    07-31-09 11:43 PM
    something for nothing? i paid 300 dollars for the phone 100 dollars for the replacement, 7 a month for insurance. the phone by the way cost a few bucks to make
    08-01-09 01:14 PM
    and thanks castro, im definatly taking it in on monday
    08-01-09 01:15 PM
    Actually the phone cost a couple hundred dollars to make. Calling the company and saying it was lost or stolen is fraud. You paid for the phone, paid for the insurance claim, and paid for the insurance itself. They don't owe you a thing. Pay the $100 like an honest person.

08-01-09 03:23 PM
    Yes, you are trying to scheme when it is your fault. The phone initially may have been $300.00. Yes, it does cost more that a few dollars to make. Yes, you probably used an upgrade to get the phone for the lowest price. Yes, you did just pay $100.00 to the insurance company for a PDA. Yes, this is better than paying full retail value for another device. Yes, you pay $7.00 to have the insurance on your line of service.
    Let me ask you this. You pay $1500.00 for vehicle coverage every year. When you need to file a claim, you have a DEDUCTIBLE. That is why when you have $2000.00 worth of damage, you ONLY pay your deductible. So, you do. Here's the tricky part -- you pick up your car and drive it home. That means you accepted the work that was done. Now, even trickier..when you get home, you hit your garage door. You now have front end damage. Do you call and blame this damage on the prior claim, as clearly it wasn't, and expect them to fix your car without paying another deductible?
    My point is, why should Sprint and the insurance provider soak up the cost of your dog damaging your device?
    08-02-09 09:35 AM
    Princess-
    VERY well put!! I work at a sprint service and repair store. I am sick and tired of people breaking there phone, and then wanting us to fix it for free! Then we tell them they have to go through the insurance company and pay the deductible, they freak out and say, well wtf am I paying for insurance then?! And they walk out and give us a bad survey call. Which reflects on the entire company! They think cuz they pay 7 bucks, they need something free!

08-02-09 02:02 PM
    Didn't read the entire thread... someone may have pointed this out ...

but if you call and make an insurance claim and say it was lost/stolen... you still pay the $100. And you are getting a refurb too.

Be more careful with your phones.
    08-02-09 04:34 PM
    Thank you Twitch. Yes, I realize you are possibly getting a used phone when you file the insurance claim. So let me explain again. When you make a claim on your vehicle and pay the deductible, does your insurance company give you what that new vehicle costed you, or does your insurance company probably give you book value unless it has been appraised? Quite frankly, they give you the DEPRECIATED value. How does Sprint or the insurance company know the DEPRECIATED value of the device when a claim is made? We are talking about a $100.00 claim on a BlackBerry which is back to new condition.
    All the fuss over a measely $100.00.
    08-03-09 04:01 PM
    You still get paid your hourly rate don't you so why are you complaining, I get paid on commission as a mechanic and when I do warranty work I do it for next to nothing.
    08-07-09 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD