I will have my $150 Premier upgrade available on 1/1/2010, but I don't understand how it works. I would like the Tour (I'm thinking I should wait until the Tour2) but this is the way I wish it would work:

$249.99 after $250 instant rebate (total price $499.99)
    -$100 MIR
    -$150 Premier upgrade
    = 0 FREE

I don't think Sprint would go for that. At the end of the day I believe I would have to pony up the $250 minus the $150 for the upgrade which would leave me with $100 out of pocket.

If you have done this recently, let me know, I am quite confused with this

Thanks!
    12-06-09 02:16 PM
    Discount works like this:
    Retail price $499.99 - $150 premier discount - $100 mfr instant (these combined are the 'instant savings') = $250 out of pocket.
    - $100 rebate (can take 8 - 14 weeks) = $150 end price for the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 02:37 PM
    Go to best buy where its on sale for $99 out the door right now, no MIR crap. I just bought mine a few weeks ago when it was on sale at Best Buy for $149, I paid exactly what the advertised sale price was for a new contract, I am also a premier customer and got the 12 month upgrade option, just had to sign a new 2 year contract.

12-06-09 03:51 PM
    Don't overthink it. Look at 'new customer' pricing on the sprint or bestbuy web sites or any retailer. That's what you pay.

12-06-09 06:51 PM
    OK, basically anything the Sprint website shows for new customers, that's what I will pay, but that includes MIRs. However, I'll be better going to Best Buy from what I can see, about $50 less than Sprint and no MIRs. Does Radio Shack have the same Best Buy prices?

I have another question:

With my wife we are under the "Everything Data Share 1500" and she is also entitled according to the website to "Wait until 1/1 and save $75", only half of what I get on my line.

Does that mean she also gets the same new customer pricing + $75 for any phone?

If this is correct, will she better also to go to Best Buy and she would pay $50 less for the phone, in other words only $25 extra for any phone they carry?

Thank you all for your comments, I'm learning a lot.
    12-07-09 08:51 PM
    You receive the $150 discount on the upgrade. They instituted a half discount for other phones on the line, because it used to be you got no credit until 22 months into the contract. By enhancing the upgrades, they get you to extend the contract out, 2 years from the point you upgrade. This is much better than being stuck with a phone you hate for 2 years.

Options are always nice.

12-07-09 09:21 PM
    OK, basically anything the Sprint website shows for new customers, that's what I will pay, but that includes MIRs. However, I'll be better going to Best Buy from what I can see, about $50 less than Sprint and no MIRs. Does Radio Shack have the same Best Buy prices?

I have another question:

With my wife we are under the "Everything Data Share 1500" and she is also entitled according to the website to "Wait until 1/1 and save $75", only half of what I get on my line.

Does that mean she also gets the same new customer pricing + $75 for any phone?

If this is correct, will she better also to go to Best Buy and she would pay $50 less for the phone, in other words only $25 extra for any phone they carry?

Thank you all for your comments, I'm learning a lot.
    Your wife only gets $75 off the full retail pricing of the phone, no MIR's no instant rebates.
    12-07-09 11:55 PM
    Don't overthink it. Look at 'new customer' pricing on the sprint or bestbuy web sites or any retailer. That's what you pay.

Just curious if this is true? I just became a sprint premier customer. I thought that it was more like you get the $150 off the retail price if you upgrade after a year? or do you get the "new customer" pricing? Is sprint just being easy with upgrades or is this how it usually works?

what if i waited the 2 years?

Thanks!
    02-08-10 11:24 AM
    Just curious if this is true? I just became a sprint premier customer. I thought that it was more like you get the $150 off the retail price if you upgrade after a year? or do you get the "new customer" pricing? Is sprint just being easy with upgrades or is this how it usually works?

what if i waited the 2 years?

Thanks!
    you get $150 within a year instead of waiting the 2 yr period its only for the primary account. and no you dont get the new customer price.. <that suckss i recommend you buying from bestbuy because you dont have to wait for the rebates... if you waited 2 years nothing would happen.. your better off upgrading every year if you wanted to..
    02-08-10 11:44 AM
    you get $150 within a year instead of waiting the 2 yr period its only for the primary account. and no you dont get the new customer price.. <that suckss i recommend you buying from bestbuy because you dont have to wait for the rebates... if you waited 2 years nothing would happen.. your better off upgrading every year if you wanted to..
    I have always gotten "New Customer" pricing when I am eligible for my upgrades. Every single time. I've gotten a Samsung M520 (slider) for free, a Samsung Rant for free, and in December I got my Blackberry for a dollar. (Super party bonus - I got all of those phones in 2009 - I ended up getting double upgrades for some reason).

When you are eligible for your Premier upgrade at 12 months (or regular New every 2 at 22 months), you DO get new customer pricing. If you look at Best Buy or Radio Shack, online you see where it says $XX.XX with a new contract - usually underneath in small print it says "Or eligible upgrade."
    02-08-10 05:24 PM
    I have always gotten "New Customer" pricing when I am eligible for my upgrades. Every single time. I've gotten a Samsung M520 (slider) for free, a Samsung Rant for free, and in December I got my Blackberry for a dollar. (Super party bonus - I got all of those phones in 2009 - I ended up getting double upgrades for some reason).

When you are eligible for your Premier upgrade at 12 months (or regular New every 2 at 22 months), you DO get new customer pricing. If you look at Best Buy or Radio Shack, online you see where it says $XX.XX with a new contract - usually underneath in small print it says "Or eligible upgrade."
    the phones you mention aren't smartphones. those dumbphones usually have the same price for both. but usually when it comes with smartphones there's 2 different prices...... except for the BB where they actually had it for both or you got lucky.. i always look at the bottom of the price and it usually says New Accounts Only even on Wirefly.com I don't buy dumb phones so i don't check those out....
    Last edited by Jo_795; 02-08-10 at 07:31 PM.
    02-08-10 07:28 PM
    Every phone I've seen, smart or otherwise, have said "New Contract or Eligible Upgrade." I've even gone through Sprint.com's website and compared prices without signing in (I.e. New customer) and after signing in (when I'm eligible, so last time was December) and the prices were exactly the same. I went with Best Buy because I could get my phone right then and didn't have to deal with a MIR.

I don't know why everyone else doesn't get that, I have always had New Customer Pricing, every time. I can't speak to what anyone else has seen, only to what I've seen.

02-08-10 09:10 PM
    Every phone I've seen, smart or otherwise, have said "New Contract or Eligible Upgrade." I've even gone through Sprint.com's website and compared prices without signing in (I.e. New customer) and after signing in (when I'm eligible, so last time was December) and the prices were exactly the same. I went with Best Buy because I could get my phone right then and didn't have to deal with a MIR.

I don't know why everyone else doesn't get that, I have always had New Customer Pricing, every time. I can't speak to what anyone else has seen, only to what I've seen.

the samsung moment is $49 to new accounts and $99 for upgrades.. i havent heard anyone with upgrade to get it at $49 unless they added a new line...
    02-09-10 01:14 AM
    the samsung moment is $49 to new accounts and $99 for upgrades.. i havent heard anyone with upgrade to get it at $49 unless they added a new line...
    Then it has changed since December. Maybe I happened to get in on a holiday sale or something, because the prices were exactly the same for the phones, smart or otherwise, offered at the time.
    02-09-10 10:25 AM
    Then it has changed since December. Maybe I happened to get in on a holiday sale or something, because the prices were exactly the same for the phones, smart or otherwise, offered at the time.
    well considered yourself lucky because i never had that luck... I always had to bite my tongue cuz I feel like we deserve the new customer price we are still loyal to them... ive only seen it on some* phones that had the same price

from my previous statement i said i got my moment for $99 I got lucky just so you know. it was $129 at the time and thats what i payed. and $99 for new customers. I went to a different Bestbuy and asked for a price match and they did it for me. I guess they didn't check the flyer right... so they credit me $30 back but that was my luck only..
    Last edited by Jo_795; 02-09-10 at 11:19 AM.
    02-09-10 11:17 AM
    well considered yourself lucky because i never had that luck... I always had to bite my tongue cuz I feel like we deserve the new customer price we are still loyal to them... ive only seen it on some* phones that had the same price

from my previous statement i said i got my moment for $99 I got lucky just so you know. it was $129 at the time and thats what i payed. and $99 for new customers. I went to a different Bestbuy and asked for a price match and they did it for me. I guess they didn't check the flyer right... so they credit me $30 back but that was my luck only..
    I must also disagree... as I posted earlier in this thread, I got the TOUR for the advertised sale price for a NEW CUSTOMER after just 12 months since my last upgrade.... it was also explained to me that this would always be the case. A new phone every 12 months is a great deal to me, but Sprint gets a new 2 yr. contract every time I take advantage....
    02-09-10 03:15 PM
    Another question regarding upgrade... I'm a premier customer, if I get the Tour 1 (say today) but return it within the 30 days (not exchanged, just returned), would I still be eligible for the upgrade when the Tour 2 actually comes out? I'd like to upgrade my phone now, but don't want to waste my upgrade discount if the Tour 2 doesn't come up within 30 days.
    02-09-10 04:18 PM
    Another question regarding upgrade... I'm a premier customer, if I get the Tour 1 (say today) but return it within the 30 days (not exchanged, just returned), would I still be eligible for the upgrade when the Tour 2 actually comes out? I'd like to upgrade my phone now, but don't want to waste my upgrade discount if the Tour 2 doesn't come up within 30 days.
    Yes
    10 char
    02-09-10 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD