Does anybody know what phones Sprint is getting? AND when?

I need a Blackberry and Sprint seems to be holding off on grabbing one of the new ones and I dont want to buy last years Curve. Love it! but I want a Javelin/Bold/Niagra.

... any more pics of Niagra?
    09-20-08 11:24 AM
    And it's the push to talk Curve 8350i. I don't know if they have intigrated the Nextel and Sprint stuff yet.
    09-20-08 02:09 PM
    Hate to say it, but don't hold your breath. Sprint is generally dead last in getting the newest devices and OS's. We don't even have release dates on the major carriers who have officially announced new devices, so we certainly have no way of telling when anything is going to hit Sprint.
    09-20-08 02:22 PM
    Probably not til the end of 09. If u want to have newest phones then sprint is not the place to be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 02:34 PM
    Probably not til the end of 09. If u want to have newest phones then sprint is not the place to be.

While this is true for Blackberry's on Sprint (and the same can be said for VZW with Blackberrys), Its definantly not true for any other type of the OEM on Sprint, Sprint mostly gets the WM and Palm OS Phone before any other carrier.
    09-21-08 05:42 AM
    The ONLY answer you could get to your question is speculative. There's no telling when Sprint is going to get a newer BlackBerry. I'm with Jenay- dont hold your breath.
    09-21-08 05:47 AM
    I agree with what everyone else said. It will be a little time before sprint gets BB.

09-21-08 06:22 AM
    I upgraded the other night from an 8830 to an 8330 on Sprint. Yes the Curve came out last year and it wasn't until this summer that they finally got the Curve, but it's still an awesome phone. I'm glad I made the switch.

You can always give it a try and take it back within 30 days if you really don't like it, but I think you'll keep it.

Like other's have said, Sprint is at the end of the line for new BB's. If you get the Curve by the time something else gets to Sprint you'll probably be eligible for an upgrade.
    09-21-08 11:52 PM
    To me it seems that there are soo many signs that Sprint is having some trouble financially. I hope not because the plan I have will never be matched by any carrier ever, but I can honestly say I am concerned. Yes, all is true in this thread, but both Verizon and Sprint get the phones last because they are CDMA carriers. GSM is what the rest of the world runs on, so that is what BB makes first priority. Yeah, I know, I know, Verizon people hold back your billion responses, you guys are getting the touchscreen job. But for the most part CDMA carriers are last on the list...
    09-22-08 11:21 AM
    i don't mind sprint too much from where i live. i actually just switched to it. i've heard nothing but good reviews from people who have it here.

i got the 8330 from sprint, i love it. i know you always want whats newest, but sometimes, tried and true is the best
    09-22-08 02:42 PM
    Hate to say it, but don't hold your breath. Sprint is generally dead last in getting the newest devices and OS's. We don't even have release dates on the major carriers who have officially announced new devices, so we certainly have no way of telling when anything is going to hit Sprint.
    If you're talking Blackberry, then yes, but typically only a few weeks off from Verizon.

If you're talking about other phones, it's not true. Sprint was the first company to get the Treo 755p, the Centro, HTC Touch, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro...
    09-22-08 02:56 PM
    Hi I am new to BB used Treo last 4 years. I transferred my adress book from Outlook into the phone but it is not showing addresses or phone #s that I have stored. I went into the desktop mngr advanced tab and highlighted fax, mobile, work ,home every # in the thing and still no phone #s are transferring. All the e mails and names transferred. Can anyone help?? Sprint is the carrier but I doubt that matters.Thanks Frank
    09-22-08 03:12 PM
    Curve 8350i is the only new Sprint/Nextel BB this year. No Javelin/Bold/Niagra this year for Sprint. The newest device Sprint gets ealier than other carriers - Palm Treo and Centro.
    09-22-08 03:17 PM
    Even with the Javelin and the Niagra, aren't we talking about phones that haven't even been announced officially or spotted at CTIA? A CDMA version of the Bold is even speculation, no way to tell for sure. It's all about the money, it goes to the highest bidder.
    09-23-08 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD