11-27-09 12:57 AM
45 12
tools
    Yeah, Verizon definitely has better customer service (in my experience) but Sprint's isn't horrible or anything, and it seems to me that it's worth what I've saved switching from Verizon to Sprint to accept slightly worse customer service.
    04-20-09 03:34 PM
    well thats what everybody bases their sprint exp with.
    back in the day when i was in 8th grade (1999) they gave me a contract!!!
    Err, not particularly.. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people who didn't even have Sprint more than 2-3 years back and still had a bad CS experiences (which to some degree is a given considering it's a large company).
    04-20-09 03:37 PM
    Yeah, Verizon definitely has better customer service (in my experience) but Sprint's isn't horrible or anything, and it seems to me that it's worth what I've saved switching from Verizon to Sprint to accept slightly worse customer service.
    MrMcPhee, when you say slightly worse, did something happen to you with Sprint or is it what others have said that makes you say that?
    04-20-09 03:51 PM
    Well, I had one particularly bad experience with a Sprint store manager...but that was just him being a *****, so I try not to hold that against Sprint.

But even aside from that, yeah, I haven't gotten as good of customer service with Sprint as I got when I was with Verizon. With Verizon, everyone was always very helpful, very fluent in the English language, and my problems were always resolved promptly and adequately. With Sprint, I've had longer hold times, and when I do get someone, they rarely speak English particularly well, and I seem to get transferred around a lot. While the problem usually does get resolved, it was just doesn't happen as quickly or as well as the problems I had with Verizon.

But like I said, I've saved like $750 by switching to Sprint nearly a year ago, so it's been well worth it.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-18-09 at 04:09 PM. Reason: language
    04-20-09 07:35 PM
    nuff said. i'll take the best 3g network built from the ground up with more coverage areas for less money any day of the week. especially now that we are getting the niagara, i can put up with longer hold times and nonnative speakers that eventually get the issue resolved. its all a matter of perspective and what your willing to put up with for the cost and the coverage. personally, i have not had any issue with sprint that would cause me to run away, disgruntled.
    04-21-09 06:39 AM
    Yeah, their customer service does leave something to be desired, but I don't call customer service often enough for it to be a huge problem. The $75 my girlfriend and I save every month always ends up getting used.
    04-21-09 07:22 PM
    nuff said. i'll take the best 3g network built from the ground up with more coverage areas for less money any day of the week. especially now that we are getting the niagara, i can put up with longer hold times and nonnative speakers that eventually get the issue resolved. its all a matter of perspective and what your willing to put up with for the cost and the coverage. personally, i have not had any issue with sprint that would cause me to run away, disgruntled.
    I did. I was ready to run- not walk because I was so angry. They called my bluff- so I stayed!
    04-21-09 08:26 PM
    Did you want there to be a charge?
    NOPE NO CHARGE PLEASE HAHA. BUT I GOT PHONE TODAY WITH 4.3 OS
    04-21-09 11:14 PM
    NOPE NO CHARGE PLEASE HAHA. BUT I GOT PHONE TODAY WITH 4.3 OS
    Have you begun your OS upgrade yet?
    04-22-09 12:12 AM
    i have had three 8330's and the only one i have had to pay for was the first one. i dropped and they replaced it for free. the second froze and got a new one for free. and i am on my third one seems to be workin fine
    04-23-09 10:21 AM
    We do have steps to recover a bricked phone. I can't tell you because I've never actually done it, but I do have the steps in my email at work.

As far as getting a replacement phone for free, that's easily done. If a customer has the $7 TEP, is current on their bill, and not a spending limit customer they get greenlighted for an Advanced Exchange (e-ticket).

Sprint has it's own stockpile of mostly refurbished units. If the phone is unfixable or won't connect to data or won't program etc etc, we're suppose to check the criteria on the account and offer the replacement.

It suppose to be a courtesy replacement, the courtesy being you don't have to pay the deductible to Asurion, you don't have to deal with them at all.

In theory, that's how it works. We are given leeway that if the customer does have a spending limit, we can ignore that. If you owe a balance but it's not delinquent, that's usually fine too.

In situations where the phone doesn't work through no fault of the customer and they don't have insurance, we can still do the ticket... but the system generates a price depending on what type of phone it is.

But there's an override to waive the fee. I can't speak for every Sprint rep, but at our center tech agents have the authority to override the fee. It has to be the same type of device that is on the account, unless they item is out of stock sometimes it gives the option of a similar phone.

Usually you have to get the same color, and the past 2 weeks we've only had Curves in red, situations like that may matter to a customer. Normally the phone does not include a battery, or a battery cover. It comes with no accessories. Depending on what issue you select on previous screens, it may offer the choice of including a battery.

You get the device via UPS, call us back and we do the ESN swap, program the phone for you, then you can swap your contacts over and mail the old phone back in a pre labled envelope.

The phone doesn't have to be bought new from Sprint. It can be from eBay, your auntie, whoever. As long as it's on the account and we have it in stock, we can replace it. I wouldn't try to just call in and swap to a phone that you know is broken then call back 30 minutes later and try to get it replaced for free though.

They may monitor that But if for some reason you do something like an ESN swap, and the phone won't program or something, and you swap back to your old device, once it's in the system for 5 to 10 minutes you can send the replacement. Once the order is locked in you can swap to another phone to use in the meantime as well.

So as good as all of that may sound to you, understand you are most likely getting a REFURB (and yes you can ask if you are, it shows on the screen before completing the order) and sometimes you'll get a phone that has keypad wear, or won't provision, or whatever.

The QA on those phones can be iffy sometimes. I've seen someone who had several phones replaced through this program before finding one that works. Very rarely is a new phone sent out.

This does not include water damage, or obvious intentional physical damage. If you call in and say one thing is wrong with the phone, and when it's received it shows you were maybe not truthful, they will access a charge to your account for the replacement phone (not sure of price).. so I wouldn't advise playing around with that.

Finally, customer care reps can't do the tickets, only tech support, advanced tech, or Blackberry can. I myself have used this as a retention method, but it's not guaranteed. Don't call retention "acct services" and demand an eticket to keep you from going to T-Mobile. They'll just send you to us lol.

I think that about covers it.
    04-23-09 10:50 AM
    So I can't get Sprint to give me a new phone unless the one I have ***** up? Lame.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-18-09 at 02:24 PM. Reason: language
    04-23-09 01:36 PM
    If you brick your phone ( Ive bricked 3) Sprint will replace for free Just take it to a corporate store

If you take your phone into a store and you can show, without a doubt, your phone is defective due to no fault of your own, they will replace it free. If you download a 3rd party app and it bricks your phone, you gotta pay insurance 100 bucks, as the premium just recently went up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 03:09 PM
    Hummm. I thought it was $50 no matter what. I didn't know there was ever any free, except within the first 30 days.

I'll have to check on that.
    If you take the phone into the store and they can't fix it under the TEP it's free.
    04-23-09 03:10 PM
    McPhee.....family friendly (language)
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-18-09 at 02:24 PM. Reason: edit quote
    04-23-09 04:08 PM
    That's stupid.

So if I brick my phone, will they replace it for free, or will they charge me to replace it (I pay the monthly insurance thing).

And can I replace it with a phone of equal/lesser value, or does it have to be the exact same phone?
    04-23-09 05:11 PM
    Are you serious? It went up to 100?

If my phone were completely unresponsive, how would they know whether it was because I dl'd a 3rd party app that had messed something up, or if I had just woken up one day to find it wasn't working?
    Trust and believe that once they get that badboy back up and running they could slap you with a larger fee than the now $100 deductible. They could go as high as the retail price of the phone which is what's written in the fine print of the insurance policy anyway. They have their ways but I knew it would only be a matter of time before they would increase the deductible amt on their high-end phones. But imo they should have come with new versions of the blackberrys before they pulled that one. Maybe when and if we get the niagra/tour then they will reduce the fee on the curve but not increase the new one! Who knows what sprint's thinking!
    04-23-09 06:55 PM
    That's stupid.

So if I brick my phone, will they replace it for free, or will they charge me to replace it (I pay the monthly insurance thing).

And can I replace it with a phone of equal/lesser value, or does it have to be the exact same phone?
    Equal/lesser value when they don't have the exact same phone to replace it with. If you brick your phone and they can restore it, you leave with the same phone you walked in with.
    04-23-09 10:46 PM
    Trust and believe that once they get that badboy back up and running they could slap you with a larger fee than the now $100 deductible. They could go as high as the retail price of the phone which is what's written in the fine print of the insurance policy anyway. They have their ways but I knew it would only be a matter of time before they would increase the deductible amt on their high-end phones. But imo they should have come with new versions of the blackberrys before they pulled that one. Maybe when and if we get the niagra/tour then they will reduce the fee on the curve but not increase the new one! Who knows what sprint's thinking!

My curve was new until in Aug the charger data port messed up

Since then its been 3 phones and lots of time in the store.

In fact today was the 3rd phone.

The Sprint Techs told me that I would be eligible for a free upgrade.

Are they pulling my leg?

Because the techs here fix everything and are often hard of hearing.

They say New Phone for free then lead you to the Newer Phones
    Get you excited
    and ask you for the price of the new phone.

Confused!
    11-25-09 10:58 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msl80 View Post

__________________________________________________ _________________

My curve was new until in Aug. the charger data port messed up.

Since then its been 3 phones and lots of time in the store.

In fact today was the 3rd phone.

The Sprint Techs told me that I would be eligible for a free upgrade.

Are they pulling my leg?

Because the techs here fix everything and are often hard of hearing.

They say New Phone for free then lead you to the Newer Phones
    Get you excited
    and ask you for the price of the new phone.

Confused!
    11-27-09 12:57 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD