They got to be close, I called sprint cs sunday and was told to google it and load it by cs rom there but was unsuccessful. She got me dam excited though...
    01-13-09 12:26 AM
    Well I guess I'm crashing doing some 4.5 dreaming for now.
    01-13-09 12:26 AM
    I want it along with MMS nao!
    01-13-09 01:15 AM
    I just plugged in my phone and it said that there was an update ready for my device.... I haven't downloaded anything though... Weird.
    01-13-09 01:16 AM
    Oh I just can't wait! ; )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 01:16 AM
    I just plugged in my phone and it said that there was an update ready for my device.... I haven't downloaded anything though... Weird.
    I tried to check for a OTA update, but nothing there...nothing when I plug in my phone to DM either... bummer
    01-13-09 01:31 AM
    Yeah, nothing here on my end. Nothing's posted on Blackberry's Sprint software page, either.
    01-13-09 01:35 AM
    It did hesitate when looking for software updates though -- which could be a good sign...Bedtime for me -- someone Pin me if it pops in
    01-13-09 01:39 AM
    I guess we'll know in a day or two or twenty
    01-13-09 01:41 AM
    Also, nothing on Sprint's page either.... Support - Help

It was worth a shot (a long one, but a shot)...
    01-13-09 01:42 AM
    The block on MMS with Sprint has nothing to do with the software itself, it's a service books issue. VZW people have been running Sprint BB software for years without loosing MMS.
    01-13-09 01:42 AM
    The block on MMS with Sprint has nothing to do with the software itself, it's a service books issue. VZW people have been running Sprint BB software for years without loosing MMS.

heh, we know. There is no cognitive reason for MMS's absence on our phones other than that Sprint has, for whatever reason, chosen to not support it.

Whether or not 4.5 "fixes" this is beyond me or anyone else at this point. I mean, theoretically my phone shouldn't be running Sprint TV....yet here I am watching The Office on it and eating Doritos. Go figure.
    01-13-09 01:50 AM
    I'm the guy helping MaNy test it. I'm currently running 4.5.0.119.

So far I have noticed that this version is a bit more responsive than .97. Blackberry Messenger seems to be zippier too. The browser also seems like it's loading pages a bit faster also. Sprint TV seems more responsive and I seem to have a bit better reception. That may be due to how late it is though. I have about 52 megs free on my phone. With .97 I had about 49 right after install. I haven't received any calls, so I don't know about the speakerblast problem yet. There seems to be no memory leak so far. I run no 3rd party apps though.

This Goat likes it.

01-13-09 02:18 AM
    I just called up a friend and had him call me back. There was a quick speaker blast when I first called him, then there was none when I answered his call. Then when I called him back the blast didn't happen. Odd. Seems to be fixed.

01-13-09 02:22 AM
    Also, it was nice not having to delete the vendor file. Makes me feel good to know there is an official Sprint version.

01-13-09 02:23 AM
    Before I hit the hay, I figured I'd drop a little update.

So far, so good. No lags and no speakerblast. Browser seems zippier, menus are nice and responsive and the apps I've tested seem to run without a hitch (WLS, OM, Slacker, Sprint TV and BBM). I'm gonna do some hardcore data and html email testing in the morning. I'm also going to test all of the stock apps and programs as well. Goat and I will keep you guys posted.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 01-13-09 at 02:31 AM.
    01-13-09 02:28 AM
    Yes. Yes you will. And then you will point me towards an 8830 download
    01-13-09 02:34 AM
    Thumbnails of my photos also seem to pop up a lot quicker. That's good because it used to bug the heck out of me. I'm glad it's a bit better.
    01-13-09 02:35 AM
    heh, we know. There is no cognitive reason for MMS's absence on our phones other than that Sprint has, for whatever reason, chosen to not support it.

Whether or not 4.5 "fixes" this is beyond me or anyone else at this point. I mean, theoretically my phone shouldn't be running Sprint TV....yet here I am watching The Office on it and eating Doritos. Go figure.
    It wont unless they change it in the service books any more than installing sprint software on VZW phones would open up the locked GPS until VZW one day decided to be nice and change the service books then boom it worked.

As for the Sprint TV, I'll take your word for it :-)
    01-13-09 02:41 AM
    By far the most stable and fast of the 4.5 OS's that I've tried. I think I may hit the hay too though. We'll be back to report more tomorrow I suppose.

Please do not PM me for a link. I have no link to give you. MaNy will get things sorted out shortly.

01-13-09 02:44 AM
    Will the 8830 version of OS 4.5 become available soon too?
    01-13-09 03:06 AM
    Will the 8830 version of OS 4.5 become available soon too?
    Not that I am aware of. I imagine that if the 8330 version is well developed then the 8830 will be officially released at the same time or shortly thereafter. MaNy may know more about that.

01-13-09 03:15 AM
    Can't wait!

01-13-09 04:37 AM
    By far the most stable and fast of the 4.5 OS's that I've tried. I think I may hit the hay too though. We'll be back to report more tomorrow I suppose.

Please do not PM me for a link. I have no link to give you. MaNy will get things sorted out shortly.

Could you post the full name of the device software file? It may help some of us with verifying it's authenticity.
    01-13-09 05:53 AM
    how do we know this is what sprint is going to release vs just another 4.5 beta?

were you able to leave the vendor file in and still load the os? i guess this would be one way to tell.

speaker blast fix would be too awesome. i have ran all 7 versions of the cdma betas release in the wild. i was starting to think this was going to happen forever.

thanks 1 2 and goat. hope to play soon

BTW. sprintusers.com will allow links to unoffical OS's. I'm affraid CB will pull it. berryreview.com will post it and host it. lol.
    Last edited by CodyBB; 01-13-09 at 06:29 AM.
    01-13-09 06:24 AM
509 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD