Found this on BBHybrids and it worked:

I'm running OS 5.0.0.419 on my Sprint Tour and, until today, could not get the Premium features to work with Sprint Nav (called customer service, downloaded the app over and over, sent service books, etc.). Here's the fix:

1. Before starting, I had Sprint Nav installed. I then downloaded the newest version of Telenav for the Tour from ota.telenav.com.

2. After installing, I rebooted my BB. Usually, the Sprint Tour version of Telenav will not open on OS 5 (gives an error about GPS being turned off). However, if Google Maps is on and using GPS (i.e., stand outside and make sure GPS is working), Telenav will start properly without the error message.

3. I then registered Telenav, closed it, opened Sprint Nav, allowed it to sign in, and the top banner said "Sprint Navigation Premium." I tested Weather and other features, all of which FINALLY appeared and worked perfectly.

4. Then I deleted Telenav from the Applications list, rebooted, and opened Sprint Nav again to ensure that the options had not disappeared. STILL HAD THE PREMIUM VERSION, and again Weather and all other Premium options work.

Hopefully this will work for everyone.
    01-11-10 04:28 PM
    How do you get the premium version? You have to pay for it? How much?
    01-11-10 07:16 PM
    I have the BlackBerry Personal Pack and Data Premier, not sure which of those (or both) give me premium nav service.
    01-11-10 08:24 PM
    bcryberg, to add to your directions.

Following your steps above, also make sure you do the following:

1. Already have Sprint Navigation Installed and Registered etc. Go to Share & More, About, Your Pin Number, and write down your 4 digit pin.
    2. Download Google Maps
    3. Download Telenav from ota.telenav.com, DO NOT RUN IT AFTER DOWNLOADING
    4. Do a battery pull
    5. After rebooting, Run Google Maps, make sure you have a GPS Signal (Press 0 and let it find your location without saying no GPS)
    6. Press blackberry button, choose switch application, switch to home page and find the icon for TeleNav (It's probably in your download folder)
    7. Go through the registration process for TeleNav, use your 4 digit pin from Sprint Nav when it asks you for your pin.
    8. Exit out of Telenav. Now run Sprint Nav, it should say Sprint Navigation Premium now and you should now have extra features such as weather and speaking in directly (you may have to change your preferences for this to work)
    01-11-10 11:41 PM
    I got it sadly i never use it =/
    01-11-10 11:44 PM
    This didn't work for me. I still have standard navigation.
    01-12-10 12:01 AM
    Hmm. Well I have Premium installed now, but I get an "unable to reach server" error when trying to pull up directions. And no, it has nothing to do with my signal or preferences. Everything else works.

Standard Sprint Navigation works fine for me (minus those premium features of course). It's the non-Sprint TeleNav that tosses up the GPS error for me.

Back to standard Sprint Nav I go...again. I like directions better than I like voice input and weather.
    Last edited by dchawk81; 01-12-10 at 01:39 AM.
    01-12-10 01:36 AM
    Data Premier gives you the Premium features.
    The BB Data Pack gives you the standard version.
    01-12-10 07:27 AM
    What's "data premier"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 07:34 AM
    Data Premier gives you some other Sprint TV channels and a few other features. I can't speak to whether BlackBerry Personal Pack provides Sprint Nav Premium (as Sprint CS had no idea about anything relating to Sprint Nav). I have both, and I was not getting Sprint Nav Premium until I went through these steps.

dchawk - sorry it's not working for you. If you can run Telenav, that has all the same features (and can be run as long as you have a Google Maps GPS lock before opening it).
    01-12-10 11:15 AM
    I've heard of Sprint TV Premier but not Data Premier. I've also never heard of the BlackBerry Personal Pack. I also see nothing of the sort on the plans page.

Are these older, grandfathered plans/options?

Honestly, all you get with Premium is weather and direct voice input. I'm not really into workarounds just for that.
    01-12-10 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD