I'm on a 8330 and my "Weather" option is located under the "Share & More" section, 4th choice on the list. It is right under the "Movies" option.
    Interesting...I'm on an 8330m and upgraded to the new version this morning and here's what I have under "Share & More".....

1. Share
    2. My Stuff
    3. Movies
    4. Record Location
    5. Refer A Friend
    6. Product Tour
    7. Preferences
    8. About
    9. Diagnostic Tools
    09-25-09 12:01 PM
    Interesting...I'm on an 8330m and upgraded to the new version this morning and here's what I have under "Share & More".....

1. Share
    2. My Stuff
    3. Movies
    4. Record Location
    5. Refer A Friend
    6. Product Tour
    7. Preferences
    8. About
    9. Diagnostic Tools
    That is odd. Here is what my "Share & More" has...
    1. Share address
    2. my stuff
    3. movies
    4. weather
    5. record location
    6. refer a friend
    7. product tour
    8. preferences
    9. about
    10. diagnostic tools
    09-25-09 01:24 PM
    That is odd. Here is what my "Share & More" has...
    1. Share address
    2. my stuff
    3. movies
    4. weather
    5. record location
    6. refer a friend
    7. product tour
    8. preferences
    9. about
    10. diagnostic tools
    Wingnut73, can I ask what version is installed on your BB? Mine says: 2.8.0.1166

(Edited to add a missing ".0." in the version#)
    Last edited by NellieRose; 09-25-09 at 02:09 PM.
    09-25-09 01:57 PM
    Wingnut73, can I ask what version is installed on your BB? Mine says: 2.8.0.1166

(Edited to add a missing ".0." in the version#)
    Mine is 2.8.1166
    09-25-09 05:17 PM
    There's been some change made to how it tracks progress through turns.

Whereas before you seemed to be through a turn before it caught up with you, now it seems to almost 'predict' your progress through the turn

The most obvious example I noticed today was taking an exit in the opposite direction. My route took me to a highway where going south would connect me to a shorter trip and going north would keep me on highways. I had it set to take me the shortest route, but changed my mind when I got to the on ramp.

The first exit was a slow right turn onto the highway and the second exit (to go in the opposite direction) went over the highway, exited to the right, but circled around to go under the bridge you had exited from.

I took the first exit and entered the highway. It showed me on other exit ramp, taking the 180, and passing under the bridge before it started re-figuring the route.

I noticed later in the day that when I was coming to turns, which I always felt lagged before, it was performing much faster. I think this is because it's not accurately tracking through them. Normally, it would have caught my change in direction much faster. There were times when I'd get a little frustrated that I'd miss some turns that came immediately after others, but I'm not sure if this is all that much better.

Sorry for the long post... just wanted to make sure the explanation made sense.
    09-25-09 08:47 PM
    am I the only one who had problems with updating the new sprint navi? I did the upgrade last night and now the icon for it is gone, I did a battery pull, resent service books everything, still missing??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 08:44 PM
    check your folders or click on menu (berry logo) and select show all...hope you find it
    09-27-09 09:56 AM
    check your
    folders or click on menu (berry logo) and select show all...hope you find it
    =( ya that was one of the first things I did, no luck. Is there a link somewhere that I can download it? I found the normal telenav link, but I'd prefer the sprint version

09-27-09 12:59 PM
    Sprint Navigation

09-27-09 01:02 PM

1. Share
    2. My Stuff
    3. Movies
    4. Record Location
    5. Refer A Friend
    6. Product Tour
    7. Preferences
    8. About
    9. Diagnostic Tools
    This is the same layout that I have on my BB Curve 8330. 2.8.1166

I also have another problem.

On the last version before this download, when I went to the search feature, I choose "Contacts" and it listed any address's I had in my actual Blackberry contact list.

This version, when I go to the "Contacts" section under the "Search" tab in the GPS, it is just blank. None of my Blackberry contacts with address's associated with them show up now.

There a way to re-download this program?

BowersDMSTech
    Last edited by Bowersdmstech; 09-29-09 at 11:00 PM.
    09-29-09 10:51 PM
    my sprint navigation got deleted also, but when i look in applications under the options menu it shows up there so it still seems to be on the phone. any idea on how i can get it re-installed?
    09-30-09 12:12 AM
    [QUOTE=roosk;3709073]my sprint navigation

That's what I've been trying to figure out =/ same exact problem

09-30-09 12:18 AM
    I checked the software store but sprint navigation is no where to be found...may have to just reinstall from the back up file?

09-30-09 01:24 PM
    This Sprint Nav update (2.8.1166) really pissed me off. It did not keep track of the last 4-5 months of addresses I had saved to my favorites. Now I need to re-input them all over again. This never happened with any of the other updates. Sucks!!!
    09-30-09 03:30 PM
    This is the same layout that I have on my BB Curve 8330. 2.8.1166

I also have another problem.

On the last version before this download, when I went to the search feature, I choose "Contacts" and it listed any address's I had in my actual Blackberry contact list.

This version, when I go to the "Contacts" section under the "Search" tab in the GPS, it is just blank. None of my Blackberry contacts with address's associated with them show up now.

There a way to re-download this program?

BowersDMSTech
    Bowers,

When I go to the Search/Contacts my screen was blank other than the "Find" entry feel & after a moment or so one contact showed up beneath that field....if I try to type in a name and hit the "enter" key or double-click the trackball I get the drop-down menu for: Give Feedback / Help / Sprint Navigation home.

Is this list only going to be populated by Sprint Customers that allow their phones to be tracked via GPS? Until now I had even ventured into this option.
    09-30-09 03:34 PM
    My BF just upgraded and is missing the "Weather" option as well. I know it doesn't make sense but could it be a regional issue of some sort? We are in the NYC area.
    09-30-09 03:35 PM
    I too received the prompt to upgrade when I last fired up Sprint Nav

In the set-up area has any disallowed access to emails, sms, etc.? I'm just curious why it appears to need access to every area of the BB unless the newest version has the ability to email or txt us directions or info?

Can anyone set me straight on this?

TIA
    I have noticed that the menu in sms and email now have an option to Map It or Get Directions. I just had an email about a meeting and it had an address in it. I just highlighted that text and hit Get Directions and voila - it opened the Sprint Nav program with my current location for the origin and this highlighted address for the destination and started preparing the route automatically. I think that is pretty cool and saves a bunch of time! Anyway I think that is what the access is all about.

10-04-09 05:24 PM
    I have noticed that the menu in sms and email now have an option to Map It or Get Directions. I just had an email about a meeting and it had an address in it. I just highlighted that text and hit Get Directions and voila - it opened the Sprint Nav program with my current location for the origin and this highlighted address for the destination and started preparing the route automatically. I think that is pretty cool and saves a bunch of time! Anyway I think that is what the access is all about.
    Good eye...I hadn't seen that and didn't even occur to me to check on it! Thanks!
    10-06-09 09:25 AM
    Well I upgraded and had the weather option for about 2 weeks, and now it went poof, and everything else is all the same, the only thing that is different or missing is that the weather is gone, and that was my favorite part
    10-10-09 11:40 PM
    i opened my navigation and it prompted me to DL the new version so i did it, and when i rebooted the phone it was gone from my phonr. what happened, and how do i get it back?
    10-16-09 09:57 AM
    i opened my navigation and it prompted me to DL the new version so i did it, and when i rebooted the phone it was go
    ne from my phonr. what happened, and how do i get it back?
    Same thing happened to me too, still have no idea yet!

10-16-09 10:09 AM
    ok, i figured it out. i went into the options under "applications" and under "advanced options", then "applications". it loads all your applications and it showed i still had the Sprint Nav. so i clicked on that and there was a disclaimer that said i needed to Reboot when it prompted which i didnt' do at the time of download, i tried to do it later and that didn't work. so under the sprint Nav, i claicked the button to the left of the track ball and viewed and edited permissions and properties.
    Im not exactly sure how it ended up working to be honest, but it eventually rebooted it and the icon showed up on my front page again. i know the end is alittle cloudy, but thats kind of how i got through it and its worked. Good luck
    10-16-09 10:48 AM
    If all of you want to download it, go on your BB Browser and enter:

TeleNav OTA

You should be taken to a page where you can download the application. If it doesn't recognize your phone, make sure you look it up on the list provided on the browser
    10-16-09 07:39 PM
    My nav seems slower since I did this update. Is there a way I can delete the Sprint Nav and re-download it?
    10-17-09 08:21 AM
    uninstall the app and the service books should be pushed to your phone to download if not the manually push them
    10-17-09 09:13 AM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD