My phone was stolen yesterday. Someone had it and was making a ton of calls. I started calling the numbers on the call log interrigtting them. Well then after I shut my service off and threatened police involvement my phone showed up. So I called sprint back and reported in "unstolen" or found. So she reactivated it for me. Issue is I did an insurance claim and I already got my phone today (I'm talking 16 hours after the claim). I tried calling and canceling it but there's no way to talk to someone, all automated.

So now I have my old phone and a new one in the box. Not sure if I should activate the new one and sell my old one to counteract the insurance cost cause I'm sure if I just sell the new one they will flag that.
    02-16-10 02:44 PM
    Well when a phone is reported stolen usually the ESN is no good anymore so that it cant be activated without being sent back to the factory etc. Id open the new one and activate it and sell the old one to someone that might be looking to flash it to a company like Metro PCS or something. No harm no foul.
    02-16-10 03:12 PM
    i would contact customer service with sprint and see if they have a direct number for assurion and see if you can contact them that way. 1-800-584-3666 is the direct number for them see if you can contact them that way.
    02-16-10 03:13 PM
    It doesnt sound like the original phone will be flagged only because the OP said they reactivated it....if thats the case keep the one you got and sell the new one....if you decide to do that i personally would be interested in it to cover your insurance cost....lmk if you are interested in doing that.
    02-16-10 04:14 PM
    I'm totally down for selling it, I activated the new one. The old one is cleared to be activated. I'm just really worried 2 months down the line they bill me for $500 bucks for the old one.
    02-16-10 04:51 PM
    You really need to return one of the phones. They will charge you full retail price for the phone. You may have had the old one reactivated, but you have a replacement phone as well. And it is fraud sell it. You claimed a stolen phone, and it was returned. Do the right thing and return the other phone back to the assurion.
    If they say you can keep the phone then you are lucky.
    02-16-10 04:53 PM
    You really need to return one of the phones. They will charge you full retail price for the phone. You may have had the old one reactivated, but you have a replacement phone as well. And it is fraud sell it. You claimed a stolen phone, and it was returned. Do the right thing and return the other phone back to the assurion.
    If they say you can keep the phone then you are lucky.
    Agreed it's just ****ty cuz I was trying to cancel it so basically I'm out $100. Their damn customer service line is crap and doesn't let you talk to a person.
    02-16-10 05:07 PM
    true but when you made the claim you had said the phone was stolen....they wont expect a phone you dont have...
    02-16-10 05:10 PM
    I feel your pain. But Asurion does say there are no refunds. They make it pretty clear when you file a claim. That said, if u call like your gonna file another claim..u should be able to get a real person on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD