i had verizon and i hated sprint in those days. but now i have sprint and it is incredible. i have the tour and their rev A is twice as fast as verizon in my area. their CS is ok but still some idiots. i also love their new any mobile anytime. which is the reason i am staying with them instead of going back to verizon when my contract is up.

just curious of everyone else experience with sprint and all their cool extras.
    11-30-09 03:16 AM
    Welcome, from someone who has been with Sprint 7 years. Sprint is great, until you have a billing or shipping problem. However I think they have made improvements in problem solving and responsiveness. I had to call CS last night (I always dread that) and to my pleasant surprise, my call was answered by a human within a minute, and my problem was fixed immediately.
    11-30-09 09:34 AM
    ...my call was answered by a human within a minute, and my problem was fixed immediately.
    Human's not enough these days. Needs to be an American.

A free-range, organic American.
    11-30-09 07:05 PM
    Human's not enough these days. Needs to be an American.

A free-range, organic American.
    An american sounding one? or just got the papers?
    Really, how do you know it's a non-american on the other end? We're the worlds melting pot, it takes all kinds.
    11-30-09 07:37 PM
    It was a native North American English Speaking person. Which is the norm for Sprint.
    11-30-09 09:24 PM
    I was a Sprint customer from the "So quiet you can hear a pin drop" days. Then, when the Nextel merger/buyout/whatever happened, for a solid year afterwards, I had nothing but problems with billing and CS. Example, my bill was exactly double what it should have been, every single month. And every single month, I would have to call in, and spend the better part of an hour fighting to get the bill corrected. I realize it was most likely a database issue with the merger and all, but after a little over a year, it got old.

So, I left them in January of '08. I went to AT&T. And regretted it almost immediately.

I came back to Sprint in September of '08, and I have to say, the new CEO has really turned it around for me. We're now back to the good old days of if I have an issue, regardless of the type, I call, I get an American on the phone within minutes, and my issue gets resolved.

Don't know exactly what he did, but whatever it was, I hope he keeps doing it. Because I'm happy with Sprint again.
    11-30-09 11:28 PM
    i had verizon and i hated sprint in those days. but now i have sprint and it is incredible. i have the tour and their rev A is twice as fast as verizon in my area. their CS is ok but still some idiots. i also love their new any mobile anytime. which is the reason i am staying with them instead of going back to verizon when my contract is up.

just curious of everyone else experience with sprint and all their cool extras.
    Well, we've been with Sprint for just about a year and so far, so good. We were with Verizon the two previous two years and I hated they way they locked their phones and nickel and dimmed us to death whenever we wanted to download or upload a picture or ring tone. On top of that, we got a much better deal with Sprint when we signed up, we got 4 phones at the discounted price.

I'm wondering if they are going to get the tour2 or the curve2 in the next few weeks...

Mark
    12-01-09 12:04 AM
    ahh yes i completely forgot that part of CS haha i actually had a wild call when i first got my tour i called and got directed to the blackberry techs. while we were waiting on my tour to start back up she asked me if i lived in KY and i said yeh and had a good convo about how she was in lexington like 3 hours away.

just though what are the chances?
    12-01-09 12:18 AM
    im thinking now that best buy has the tour for like 69 bucks that we have at least a month before retailers will even consider tossing the stock of old tours out and sell tour2.

sooo
    curve2=before christmas because i saw an ad for it when i went to sprint.com but no i cant get it to come back up.

tour2=feb or march
    12-01-09 12:24 AM
    Sprint CS did good today, the corp store was a bit withholding. On my 6th tour when my headset jack messed up. Took it in and they said it was bad and they would get me a refurb. I understand completely as I am well out of my 30 days. I tried to use the "lemon" rule for phones to get a comparable model and they told me they could only go down to a 8330. I passed on the offer and went home to sleep as I work nights.

I get up and call Sprint CS and talk to advanced tech support, he looks at my account and says I shouldn't have to deal with this many issues and offered to switch me to another Smart-phone. I chose the Hero and after it was all said and done I had to pay activation and shipping as it is more than the Tour currently(after all offers and rebates). I know I could have easily fought those charges but since I'm getting another phone outside of my window I just accepted and paid them. I do have to give them thumbs up for that.
    12-01-09 01:20 AM
    Sprint did very well when I lost my phone. I called them to report it lost and they suspended my service so no one could use it and within 2 days I had a replacement at my door. The Rep I talked to was very nice and professional.
    12-01-09 01:55 PM
    Network speeds are pretty good (more reliable than AT&T was).
    Calls are pretty reliable (might have to give AT&T a slight edge in my area).
    Pricing beats most everyone except maybe tmobile based on what you use (but tmobile service is horrible here, so it's kind of a moot point).

One thing that isn't great though is their rebate handling... They always screw up my rebates.
    1) Denied rebate claiming I didn't send in the receipt. I did, after an email, they corrected it and resumed processing (how do you mess that up?).
    2) Swapped phones within 30 days. CS told me old rebate would be declined and I just need to file a new rebate for the new phone. Yeah right... New rebate was declined saying another rebate was already filed for my phone # and the old rebate was never declined. What would happen if I didn't respond explaining the situation again? Eventually they'd decline the original rebate too and I'd end up with nothing...

One thing I like a lot less since they restructured their customer support is that it seems that eCare handles a lot less issues now than it used to... I used to be able to get pretty much everything handled through eCare, now they just tell me to call in every time, which I hate personally.
    12-01-09 09:01 PM
    I love Sprint thats why I have been with them for 11 years. They have truly come a long way.
    12-03-09 01:57 AM
    i just referred a friend today to sprint yay me.. he said he went to verizon and asked the rep to be honest and tell him hows sprint's service was. and he said that sprint is good but verizon is better lmao... why do verizon reps get soo cocky? honestly.. they make themselves look like idiots that i wouldnt want to shop at a store like that..
    12-03-09 04:23 AM
    Sprint customer 9 years and I've experienced it all. I will say they are cracking down on lazy, incompetent reps.
    12-04-09 11:42 PM
    Sometimes I get good reps. Most times I get idiots. Mostly everyone is nice but then I always get sent to various departments who aren't on the same page with the last rep I spoke with. I just hate all the times I have to speak to a rep just to get the issue resolved. This has all been recent since I've had multiple Tours and multiple problems. I've been with Sprint for years. Before it merged with Nextel. Went to Nextel because of direct connect (when it was extremely popular) and a month later the merger happened. So all in all I'd say about 11/12 years.
    12-05-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD