The new material change for the .40 increase in fees allows one to cancel the contract. Im canceling because of poor service and hardware, on my 5th tour in 4 months. So do I call and cancel first or port out and then call and cancel. I have to keep my number.
    12-13-09 11:47 AM
    i would call and cancel first in case there are any problems getting out of your contract
    12-13-09 01:48 PM
    I am no smarty pants, but i would port first. Then cancel. I think if you cancel first, your number brcomes a "free agent" and you may lose it.
    12-13-09 02:21 PM
    Do NOT port your number without canceling first! If you port your number without canceling with them first it is considers breaking the contract and therefore you're subject to paying the ETF.
    12-13-09 02:25 PM
    Anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 09:42 AM
    I agree with both posts.
    You really want to port your number first, but doing so while under contract will negate your ability to get out of paying the ETF....
    If you don't port, you lose it.....
    12-14-09 09:46 AM
    I would call sprint and explain that you want to cancel because of this change, which from what it says here you are entitled to do, and inform them you would like to keep your #. See what the say. They may have have a way for you to do this. They may not though since your going to get out without paying the etf. That is what I would do if it was me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 10:57 AM
    The new material change for the .40 increase in fees allows one to cancel the contract. Im canceling because of poor service and hardware, on my 5th tour in 4 months. So do I call and cancel first or port out and then call and cancel. I have to keep my number.
    Definitely call first. I did it, and they won't cancel on the spot as long as you tell them you're going to port out. They just change your contract end date to the day you call in.
    12-14-09 12:11 PM
    Do not port first, once you port your number you basically just cancelled that line/account and liable to pay any ETF. Call sprint first like other had stated and make them NOTE your account of the situation.
    12-14-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD