02-10-10 02:59 PM
    i like when they decline. that means they do more to keep me and that means more perks.
    if they go under then i get out of my contract for free and get to go shopping again.
    either way its not like sprint pays my bills.
    there are alot of other carriers out there to choose from.
    02-10-10 03:06 PM
    No surprises. No way they would turn it around any time soon. Who cares unless you have Sprint stock though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 03:11 PM
    yeah if your company has been on the decline for the past umteen years i dont think they will change their direction in a recession.
    02-10-10 03:13 PM
    Really should read the whole press release to see why the big loss reported.

Sprint | News Release: Sprint Nextel Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2009 Results
    02-10-10 06:06 PM
    Isn't it kind of Sprint's job to do damage control on the results... Not all the news is negative, but I don't know if I'd really call it a positive overall....
    02-10-10 06:59 PM
    It is a positive because last year at this time the loss was 600,000+ now its only 46,000 that is a huge improvement next year at this time it should be positive as long as there is not another recession
    Last edited by dj2big; 02-11-10 at 11:36 AM.
    02-10-10 07:19 PM
    It is a positive because last year at this tome the loss was 600,000+ now its only 46,000 that is a huge improvement next year at this time it should be positive as long as there is another recession
    Sprint also had the Pre and Pixi exclusively. VZ already has better versions of both and AT&T will likely as well (possibly Tmobile down the road?).

We'll see, I don't think it's quite that clear yet...
    02-10-10 07:38 PM
    CDMA managed to stop bleeding. iDen Post-Pay is still a sinking ship.

I suspect the folks at Sprint are at least 1/2 way smiling about this past quarter. A long way to go for sure, but things are looking up....slightly.
    02-10-10 08:14 PM
    don't worry, they're "too big to fail". i'm sure if they get in real trouble there will be a bailout coming their way
    02-11-10 02:44 AM
    Sprint is not on the decline, Nextel is. I know it is part of it. I expect it to be sold/spun off in the near future.

Sprint has the best plans. They just need better phones. If Sprint got the first CDMA iPhone, it would explode (I know, not likely but I can dream)
    02-11-10 06:48 PM
    Sprint is not on the decline, Nextel is. I know it is part of it. I expect it to be sold/spun off in the near future.

Sprint has the best plans. They just need better phones. If Sprint got the first CDMA iPhone, it would explode (I know, not likely but I can dream)
    i would hate to see sprint get the iphone.
    it would crash the data like there is no tomorrow
    02-11-10 07:45 PM
    i would hate to see sprint get the iphone.
    it would crash the data like there is no tomorrow
    The iphone on sprint would be awesome! I think it would be stupid for apple not to release it on all carriers.

02-11-10 08:49 PM
    The iphone on sprint would be awesome! I think it would be stupid for apple not to release it on all carriers.

yeah but if they make it on sprint only our data would crash left and right
    02-11-10 09:01 PM
    You know, I really dont understand the bleed in customers now. Ive been with Sprint for 5 years & customer service used to really suck but now its awesome. Phone selection isnt the greatest but ive always been able to find a good phone im happy with & as far as I am concerned, because of plans they have, if you live in an area that gets good Sprint coverage it is nuts to be with anyone else
    02-11-10 09:19 PM
    Still Sprint til the wheels fall off. They are still waaay cheaper than the competition.
    02-11-10 09:34 PM
    Yea the article states they lost money but most was on the Iden side, they should just cut there loses and sell it for what ever they can get.

3000 + Subs on the CDMA isn't much but the first Uptake in 6 quarters

Also lots of money lost because of the Acquisition of virgin mobile (450-480) was spent on that so if you take that out its still a loss but not as big.

Last sprint has BoostMobile, VirginMobile and Sprint Nextel so as a company they are big and have many subscribers.....totalling about 60 Mil subs.....not to shaby

02-11-10 10:02 PM
    Never had a problem with Sprint, was a customer of them for 7 years. Recently switched to T-Mobile due to the great discounts I get with my new employer
    02-12-10 01:09 AM
    Eh sprint is not going anywhere just yet. Hasent any one noticed a lot of companies reported q4 losses.
    02-12-10 04:30 PM
    Eh sprint is not going anywhere just yet. Hasent any one noticed a lot of companies reported q4 losses.
    yeah but since verizon didnt all the fanboys are coming out of the wood work again.

this is a good sign for sprint. WAY less loss this time around. dan the man is pulling them out of this slump they have been in for years.
    02-12-10 09:51 PM
    i like when they decline. that means they do more to keep me and that means more perks.
    if they go under then i get out of my contract for free and get to go shopping again.
    either way its not like sprint pays my bills.
    there are alot of other carriers out there to choose from.
    Then leave.. I have used Sprint for 10 years and although I have had issues, overall I like the service. If you do not like Sprint then leave.
    02-12-10 11:00 PM
    Not awfully worried yet. I attribute the bleed to the fact that VZW pumps out flashy phones like hotcakes...the public is easily persuaded. ****, if it weren't for the fact that it costs too durn much, I'd have switched to VZW a year ago.

If Sprint stepped their game up on phone selection I swear they would have it in the bag. Seriously.
    02-12-10 11:03 PM
    I find it funny that people complain but yet they are still on the same service... And if its because its cheap* theres cheaper solutions go to criket and t-mobile and stop complainining about your service and switch
    02-12-10 11:27 PM
    Yeah, death to Sprint.. everyone leave! All at the same time!
    02-13-10 12:06 AM
    Then leave.. I have used Sprint for 10 years and although I have had issues, overall I like the service. If you do not like Sprint then leave.
    I don't think you quite understood my post. Good job jumping to conclusions though.
    I was saying it doesn't matter to me if they go under or not. There are many carriers out there to choose from if that ever happens. I am happy with sprint and they do the job I need them to do which is provide me with cell service and the minute that stops happening I will find a different provider.
    You all act like they are your religion but in reality they are just out there to take your money and make a profit.

The contract thing doesn't affect me as money is not an issue with me and I am also out of my contract and have been for many months now.

Before you try to jump down somebodys throat I suggest you read throughly And remember not everybody on these forums are rude or mean.
    I just tell it like it is.

02-13-10 12:26 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD