12-18-09 02:15 AM
238 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Me too! Coincidentally, I just found a Chik-Fil-A near me in SoCal... didn't know they existed here.

It was a good day.
    but mcdonalds has the chic fil a ripoff
    the souther style chicken mmmm
    10-18-09 12:52 PM
    They could have at LEAST notified us of the server upgrades. I don't know of any company that just up and performs server upgrades spontaneously. It had to have been planned but at least notify your customers of system downtime, etc. The issue isn't that serious as I'm off work today and I'll kill the time with xbox live but it's such a socially irresponsible thing for a company (RIM) to do.
    Maybe they notified the carriers, and they didn't notify us because it doesn't affect everyone?

Anyway, it would be nice if RIM would have two sets of servers, such as Live and Production. They could switch over to Production temporarily while they fixed the Live servers. Considering that alot of companies depend on blackberries, 24/7 operations is a must. My co-workers on-call are getting paid extra to be on-call, whether or not they receive help tickets on their blackberries.
    10-18-09 12:54 PM
    I downloaded a program this morning and thought for sure it was that. I was madder than a wet cat! I erased everything and started from scratch. Was on chat with Sprint and she had me do this and that and still nothing. I was just gonna get ready to take my Tour back to Sprint and happened to stumble upon this thread! As I started reading these, it occurred to me that I DID get an email from RIM the other day about this outage....but was lead to believe it was only for email (as I recall) and I don't remember the date, I would look it up, but I wiped my Tour.
    Anyway, I'm sort of relieved I figured it out, was gonna use the outage to swap out for a HTC Hero, but seeing how I went from a Pearl to another phone back to the Pearl, then to the Curve, then to another then to an iPhone and back to the Curve and then to the Tour.....I figured I am Blackberry for life and should just deal with it!

MY HUSBAND THANKS ALL OF YOU FOR CHEERING ME UP!! NOW IF THE CHIEFS WIN, MAYBE THE WHOLE HOUSE WILL BE HAPPY!! LOL
    10-18-09 01:02 PM
    Why didn't I come here before restoring a backup on my phone? Now I have to re-install a bunch of apps because I assumed it was something I did, rather than the network.
    10-18-09 01:11 PM
    I've been having this same problem since last night. I thought it was because I updated to the new Facebook around the same time.

I'm in Brooklyn.
    10-18-09 01:21 PM
    im in central jersey and im down. spoke to a sprint rep and he said he's been getting complaints all day and that RIM says they are updating their systems. I guess we just have to sit tight.
    10-18-09 01:28 PM
    Still out here in Missouri. Lost data at 8am. No browser icon. No nothing
    10-18-09 01:29 PM
    A friend of mine (bhayehhijhkue) spoke to sprint and they say that about 25% of there costumers are affected with the outage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 01:53 PM
    Still out here in Colorado too. Been down for about 8 hours now. Just called Sprint and after over a 15 minute wait on hold they said they are aware that the servers are having issues, but have no ETA as to when they will be fixed. I feel naked without my BB...........
    10-18-09 01:53 PM
    what with this happening & Twitter being down for a couple hours today, I figure the productivity gods are begging me to get my homework done. I don't know how I'll last until 10am tomorrow!
    10-18-09 01:54 PM
    Im located in Queens, NY. This seems to be a national issue, my data has been down for about an hour now
    10-18-09 01:58 PM
    LOL Where in PA are you.. we lived in Allentown.. AKA dont make eye contact or you will get shot.
    I'm in south central PA. It's pretty rural still and relatively tame. You can actually look people in the eye and smile at them. Some will even smile back.
    10-18-09 02:01 PM
    I dont know why people are getting all bent outa shape over a rim job.. sometimes a surprise is nice.
    You're my kinda gal!
    10-18-09 02:02 PM
    I'm in Seattle, WA. Service is still down since last night.
    10-18-09 02:03 PM
    I'm in south central PA. It's pretty rural still and relatively tame. You can actually look people in the eye and smile at them. Some will even smile back.
    how rare.
    10-18-09 02:05 PM
    I feel naked without my BB...........
    I'm sorry. That's a bad thing how exactly?
    10-18-09 02:07 PM
    how rare.
    Indeed! My personality is what keeps me working. Thankfully I have another one for clients.
    10-18-09 02:09 PM
    Spoke to Sprint... 3 of 4 BBs down (that lonely Pearl still works).

According to rep, outage still under "investigation" under RIM ticket SA4997755.
    10-18-09 02:11 PM
    Indeed! My personality is what keeps me working. Thankfully I have another one for clients.

LOL I see..
    10-18-09 02:11 PM
    had the same problem did a diagnostic on the phone and it said no connection to blackberry registration and not connected to blackberry. Went in to service books re sent provisioning books and voila back in business
    10-18-09 02:13 PM
    LOL I see..
    Haha seriously though I had a whirlwind this weekend. Yesterday I met a bride-to-be and her mother for the first time and today we had lunch and signed the contract. They didn't even meet with anyone else.
    10-18-09 02:13 PM
    This is too weird.
    All my BIS services went down at 10:15 PST
    (California)
    But Opera Mini still works fine.
    The strange thing is that while I am on 1XEV, I am getting 1XRTT data speeds.
    10-18-09 02:14 PM
    Haha seriously though I had a whirlwind this weekend. Yesterday I met a bride-to-be and her mother for the first time and today we had lunch and signed the contract. They didn't even meet with anyone else.
    Well thats how it should be LOL

When I got married, I didnt shop around either lol I dont have time for that.
    10-18-09 02:15 PM
    This is too weird.
    All my BIS services went down at 10:15 PST
    (California)
    But Opera Mini still works fine.
    The strange thing is that while I am on 1XEV, I am getting 1XRTT data speeds.
    That's because OPERA uses the WAP connection and doesn't go through BIS servers. Anything that does not use RIM servers as an intermediary still works.

Try your Sprint TV.
    10-18-09 02:16 PM
    Well thats how it should be LOL

When I got married, I didnt shop around either lol I dont have time for that.
    When did you hire your photog and when was your wedding? This one is in March 2010 and I booked an October 2010 over the summer. I think it was in June.
    10-18-09 02:17 PM
238 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD