So when T-MO's Bis has an Outage, you going to jump to ATT or Verizon. and when one of those carriers has a outage your going to jump again....

That's pretty costly.....

ALL CARRIERS HAVE BIS OUTAGES...ITS HAPPEN QUITE FREQUENTLY to be exact!...

This is the 1st massive Sprint outage I remember happening in Quite some time.
    10-18-09 07:04 PM
    Still nothing in DFW. Getting closer to the 8-hour mark.
    Last edited by dkrice; 10-18-09 at 07:11 PM.
    10-18-09 07:07 PM
    I called Sprint two hours ago and was told it's a nationwide outage and they hope it'll get resolved in the next 4-6 hours.

After I hung up with them, I re-registered my phone and rebooted. My internet is back up, but I still am not getting any push email whatsoever. At this point, I've been without BIS for 18 hours. It's literally giving me a headache.

But maybe it's a good sign the internet is back on again?

I asked the CSR if I need to do anything on my end to get things up and running once BIS is up and she said no, it will automatically get working. However, I still re-registered.

Now...to wait for push email. Never knew how dependent I am on my bberry!
    10-18-09 07:16 PM
    And it wasnt that big of a deal. It was a Sunday and I had access to my PC. I will call for my $25 credit though. :-)
    10-18-09 07:17 PM
    Finally up and running
    10-18-09 07:19 PM
    I understand how you can say, "get over it.." we may be sounding like whiney babies and the like. But when you pay for a device because its part of your business, because its part of how you make your living. Its no small thing. My main problem with this outage was communication. No one at sprint could tell me anything and thats what is pushing me to another provider.

My thoughts exactly. This should have been on the Sprint page or even the Rim page, but it is not. So therefore it leaves us to post on the board as a way of getting information to each other. It's as if they think if they don't cover it, it will go away. I am still toying around with the idea of returning my Tour tomorrow and either getting the Hero or better yet... a plain jane no frills phone!
    10-18-09 07:22 PM
    So when T-MO's Bis has an Outage, you going to jump to ATT or Verizon. and when one of those carriers has a outage your going to jump again....

That's pretty costly.....

ALL CARRIERS HAVE BIS OUTAGES...ITS HAPPEN QUITE FREQUENTLY to be exact!...

This is the 1st massive Sprint outage I remember happening in Quite some time.
    Im new to Blackberry, so im new to outages. HOWEVER if there are outages i think its the company's responsibility to be knowledgeable and to at least give information when someone calls. Again thats what is making me considering jumping to a new company. I may not jump companies, it just matters the deal i get on a new phone thats all i guess. Im frustrated over my BIS being down but even more over no one i've spoken to having any knowledge as to whats going on.
    10-18-09 07:24 PM
    I now can't log into my Sprint BIS online. It keeps saying my password is incorrect. I can log in via my phone but not online. I was trying to resend my service book.

Anyone else having issues logging into Sprint BIS?

ETA: Never mind. Now it works.

Now, why am I gettting no emails and when I do, no notification alert?
    10-18-09 07:26 PM
    Im new to Blackberry, so im new to outages. HOWEVER if there are outages i think its the company's responsibility to be knowledgeable and to at least give information when someone calls. Again thats what is making me considering jumping to a new company. I may not jump companies, it just matters the deal i get on a new phone thats all i guess. Im frustrated over my BIS being down but even more over no one i've spoken to having any knowledge as to whats going on.
    It has been my experience with Blackberry that there is usually one major outage a year.
    10-18-09 07:31 PM
    Ok...

So, seems BIS is slowly coming back online. Here's what I did after I was able to connect to the internet (meaning, data service came back):

1. Go to "Mange Connections" on the BBerry, Turn All Connections Off. Wait 2 minutes, then turn it back on.

2. Register the handset (Go to: Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/[menu button]Register Now)

3. Battery pull and reboot your BBerry.

4. Log into your Sprint BIS online (on the computer) and go to the HELP option in the left hand column, and re-send service books.

I'm not claiming to have any "magic" formula because I tried all this last night when there was an (unknown) outage on the network and nothing worked. But now that it's coming back up, it seems, it doesn't hurt to do the above to make sure you're in sync with the network/BIS.

And now 40 emails just came through and my notification light is flashing - yay!

Also, as others have mentioned in this thread, not a bad idea at all to follow Sprint twitter - seems that's one place where they update info about the network: sprint (sprint) on Twitter

Good luck to all and I'm SO friggin' happy crackberry users are so on top of everything. I'd have lost my mind with this issue without this forum.

Guess the service is coming up again.
    10-18-09 07:35 PM
    i just wish that the service was really good for sprint ! but its crappy
    10-18-09 07:40 PM
    Sprint is a large company it takes time for "Offical" information to trickel down to 1st level CS reps....Same with T-MO same with Verizon same with ATT...Crackberry always idenifies the problem of an Outage before carriers do..Its not just Sprint, like I said Sprint has very few bis outages, Verizon ATT have them regularly some are more isolated then others, but none the less it a problem that effects all carriers.
    10-18-09 07:55 PM
    Finally back up and running!
    10-18-09 08:23 PM
    Sprint is a large company it takes time for "Offical" information to trickel down to 1st level CS reps....Same with T-MO same with Verizon same with ATT...Crackberry always idenifies the problem of an Outage before carriers do..Its not just Sprint, like I said Sprint has very few bis outages, Verizon ATT have them regularly some are more isolated then others, but none the less it a problem that effects all carriers.

Like i said im not the most knowledgeable on this process. I only said i wish there was a way we could get information and not smoke up our hind parts. I understand that it takes time for "official" information to trickle down, but when you've been dealing with an issue for 14+ hours like me, its like, okay something should have trickled down by now. I went to check out phones of other companies and im doing some thinking before i switch. I just have to say that it has dissapointed me very much so.
    10-18-09 09:30 PM
    Okay so as you can tell I finally got BIS service. I'm still dissapointed but at the same time I'm glad to be back. Though this outage has helped in one way. I want a back up plan for the next time this happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 09:44 PM
    I went to my local Sprint store at noon today & they knew nothing about it... As a result, I'll have a new phone Tuesday. Personally, I'm happier with that result than a $25 credit on my bill, not to mention I finally found this info almost 2 hours ago & got it back up & running normally within 15 mins. I was annoyed, but it's a phone, it's technology & things happen - what good would b****ing & moaning do?
    10-18-09 09:45 PM
    does anybody want the sprint blackberry support direct phone #????? heheheh
    1 877 808 3895.. i have called them three times today... they said they where flooded with calls all day ... poor souls
    10-18-09 09:54 PM
    My situation was quite interesting and rather refreshing, after all of the tallies have been counted, even with the inconvenience.

I'll explain in a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 10:09 PM
    It is amazing how you miss features in just a couple of hours. I now know what it would be like without data on my curve.... I felt like a little kid with no presents under the tree. I like Sprint the only issue I have is NFL mobile in my area. The service is slow and at peak demand on the servers it never loads and I have to do a reset.
    10-18-09 10:22 PM
    Nearly 24 hours later and I have NO data here in Missouri, 60 miles from Sprint HQ. Before I knew of the outage I had erased my Tour, then I remembered that I had to call Sprint and get tech to give me some numbers and letters to program into it to get the data to work. I wonder if by erasing my phone, I also erased that information??

I am at a complete loss on what to do. I have done all the things in the posts. I am able to update profile, update provider list. Diagnostics runs, but I get no and abort all the way down the list. I have pulled the battery numerous times. Suggestions?

ps.....I do have the little data arrows running in the upper right corner
    Last edited by penpen72; 10-19-09 at 06:06 AM.
    10-19-09 05:49 AM
    thought the world was coming to an end yesterday......
    10-19-09 10:32 AM
    still no data here in MO
    10-19-09 10:42 AM
    still no data here in MO
    I would have walked into a store by now and said "fix it now........please"
    10-19-09 11:37 AM
    Mine did the same thing yesterday. I reprovisioned the phone and it worked fine after that. Go to Option - Mobile Network and hit the menu button and look for Update Network Settings. I think that's what it's called.
    10-19-09 11:54 AM
    working here for me
    10-19-09 11:56 AM
238 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD