Sprint agreed to purchase a tremendous number of iPhones from Apple. I hope they already knew that the iPhone 4 on ATT will have almost 2x faster download times.
    Why would someone get an iPhone with one carrier that is essentially a second string iPhone?
    10-06-11 11:07 AM
    When you sign up for Sprint, you know what you are getting for your money. The iPhone 4s is equal on all carriers, the network it is activated on is not.
    10-06-11 11:21 AM
    Sprint agreed to purchase a tremendous number of iPhones from Apple. I hope they already knew that the iPhone 4 on ATT will have almost 2x faster download times.
    Why would someone get an iPhone with one carrier that is essentially a second string iPhone?
    Because Sprint is cheaper compared to the rest?

I had iPhones on AT&T and have the iPhone 4 on VZW. I will gladly sacrifice AT&Ts faster download speed for a more reliable voice network. Some people will gladly sacrifice data speeds for cheaper rates.

I thought it was obvious. People like choice. Being tied down to AT&T just for a phone is not worth it for many. The VZW iPhone had 500k preorders from existing VZW customers. Networks are more important than the device. Having what you want where you want it benefits consumers.
    ScandaLeX likes this.
    10-06-11 11:23 AM
    I'm just waiting for the Sprint network to lock up once all those data hogging iPhones mix in with the Android devices currently running on their sub-par network...

You couldn't pay my bill and have me switch to Sprint. Been there, done that.
    10-06-11 11:26 AM
    Sprint won't have a problem. It is a CDMA now 4G network but 4S kept HSDPA+ not 4G. If your talking about stress then there will be no problem. Now these days you can choose who you want to serve your iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 11:30 AM
    Because ATT has the lowest customer satisfaction of all the major carriers.

ATT coverage in some folks area is not good.

Becuase of issue with bandwidth, dropped calls etc..(this one is well known)

Becuase ATT is simply evil..

It wouldn't be second string....to be first sting you would think customer satisfaction would be number one.

Tim
    10-06-11 11:32 AM
    I'm just waiting for the Sprint network to lock up once all those data hogging iPhones mix in with the Android devices currently running on their sub-par network...

You couldn't pay my bill and have me switch to Sprint. Been there, done that.
    Agreed. I use to be a Nextel subscriber, then switched to Sprint. I had a 8330. I dropped at least 10 calls a day, and every single month there was a screw up on the billing. I came to expect it. Their CS was always nice and never had a problem with them, just their coverage. I live in a good coverage area, and that is not the case. Retentions even waived my ETF after they saw the amount of dropped calls. They said they were shocked.

If the service wasn't terrible in my area, I would still be a Sprint customer. Their plans are great.
    10-06-11 11:35 AM
    Agreed. I use to be a Nextel subscriber, then switched to Sprint. I had a 8330. I dropped at least 10 calls a day, and every single month there was a screw up on the billing. I came to expect it. Their CS was always nice and never had a problem with them, just their coverage. I live in a good coverage area, and that is not the case. Retentions even waived my ETF after they saw the amount of dropped calls. They said they were shocked.

If the service wasn't terrible in my area, I would still be a Sprint customer. Their plans are great.
    That is almost word for word the same thing that happened to me when I had Sprint years ago. It was long before the days of the BB Curve, but I wouldn't get calls, someone would leave me a VM and I wouldn't get the alert for 24 hours. I was in the Sprint store multiple times a week. I went through more new phones than I could count. They eventually let me out of my contract and I dropped them faster than anything. Went to Nextel, and then they get acquired by Sprint... I've been with VZW now for about 2 years, and I'll never switch. Fantastic company.
    10-06-11 11:44 AM
    That is almost word for word the same thing that happened to me when I had Sprint years ago. It was long before the days of the BB Curve, but I wouldn't get calls, someone would leave me a VM and I wouldn't get the alert for 24 hours. I was in the Sprint store multiple times a week. I went through more new phones than I could count. They eventually let me out of my contract and I dropped them faster than anything. Went to Nextel, and then they get acquired by Sprint... I've been with VZW now for about 2 years, and I'll never switch. Fantastic company.
    Same here. I went to AT&T after I left Sprint, and basically had a similar experience. Full 3G coverage everywhere I went but dropped calls a lot (nowhere near as much as Sprint, but enough to be really annoying). I had the iPhone 3G, 3GS, Bold 9000 and 9700. They all dropped calls.

I've been on VZW for 2 years now as well and I will not switch. The service is fantastic.
    10-06-11 12:00 PM
    Personally, a phone is used as a communication device. So coverage is a priority for me which is why I have been with Verizon Wireless for many, many years.

I'll admit I've been tempted to get my hands on the iPhone when it was out for ATT, the HTC EVO 4G for Sprint, even the great price of T-Mobile plans but at the end of the day, the network matters to me more.

I hope Sprint does get more customers because of the iPhone since they may put pressure to ATT/VZW to possibly either bring back unlimited data or lower the cost of their tiered data plans as it stands today.
    10-06-11 12:01 PM
    Becuase of issue with bandwidth, dropped calls etc..(this one is well known)
    Im only quoting this one, because I dont disagree with anything else.

ATT has issues with these type of network problems on their biggest, most saturated markets. Most across the country do not suffer from these issues. While I have no love for any carrier, AT&T is more reliable in my area than VZW and Sprint. I would not make that as a blanket statement though. The New York and Cali markets do not define the entire AT&T network reliability.

But the OP has a point... CDMA is capped at, what? 3MBPS?? ATT is theoretically up to 14.4Mbps or 21Mbps? Thats kind of huge. Verizon is almost as gimped as Sprint when compared to AT&T as long as we aren't talking LTE phones, and we aren't.
    10-06-11 12:02 PM
    When you use something as an important comms device which keeps your business alive or something like that you want good coverage which Verizon has done great for years now. Now some techys which have a phone for the **** of it want fast data and tend to switch to carriers which have fast data but never have good coverage. Its depending on the user. AT&T has quite a bit of weaknesses. VZW has amazing coverage and Sprint has beautiful data (when covered). Now that iPhone is out to the majors then customers can choose what they want

10-06-11 12:10 PM
    Because there's more involved than just the maximum possible download speed.
    10-06-11 12:49 PM
    In the process of moving my Blackberry devices and account over to T-mobile. Will laugh my a$$ off once iCloud starts iSyncing everything between every iDevice someone has tied to their iTunes accounts over the wireless network up to 5GB and starts iCrippling the networks. Will also be laughing when people look at their bills and scream WTF!?!?!
    10-06-11 01:30 PM
    fear and insecurity breeds trollism..

If your network is gods gift to mankind go sit on your cloud and be smug.. after all its cost you enough.
    Last edited by mystic205; 10-06-11 at 02:58 PM.
    10-06-11 02:52 PM
    Sprint can't even get their website to work right now with the people trying to pre-order. Sprint is crap, period! Their service sucks (I still don't have reliable 4g, I live in a major US city and I have been paying for it since the Evo came out though now they call it premium data charge), they have some of the dumbest employees I have ever seen within 1 company and up until about a year ago their phone selection has been very subpar for the last 6-7 years. I know I've had them forever (and I've had every other carrier before I came to them) and if it wouldn't cost a fortune to cancel all of my lines or to try and have 2 accounts with 2 different carriers I would have a long time ago. I hope anybody wanting an iphone will just stay with at&t or verizon and save themselves the headache.
    10-07-11 09:02 AM
    All carriers have pro's and con's. Sprint works good for me in my area and what they offer is better than the other carriers. IMO, the iphone will be successful on the Sprint network because of the "true" unlimited plans. Monitoring how much, compared to how fast, is a no brainer in my opinion. The difference in speed is not enough to write home to mother but the amount of usage is.....IMO.
    Last edited by spencerdl; 10-07-11 at 12:52 PM.
    10-07-11 12:45 PM
    Don't worry they just announce the Vision strategy today. Bet it will be as successful and quick as the Nextel integration.
    10-07-11 01:12 PM
    If the plethora of android phones didn't crash the sprint network I'm sure a ton of iphone users won't either.

People forget that the average user uses less that 2GB a month and the droid eats data as fast as the iphone.

I'm on sprint and have noticed a difference in signal but not groundbreaking. I pay 163 for 3 blackberrys and insurance monthly. If I went to att I'd pay the same with a 2GB max and I'd pay 219 on vz with a 2gb cap. When I upgrade to newer phones ill have to pay the extra $10 fee for each device but the extra 30 dollars is worth it to me to not have to worry about my data consumption, to have sprint nav and to not be on a cluttered over populated tower.

Bash all you want but for me and where I live sprint is the best deal. In this economy I can't afford to over pay for a cellphone bill when I'm trying to keep a roof over my head.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    10-08-11 08:14 PM
    Ummm because sprint has unlimited data and it has great rates and good coverage. Its better than paying a arm and a leg for at&t and there shotty service

10-08-11 11:12 PM
    Well, your sarcasm notwithstanding there is a massive difference between the two.. This one makes sense..

Don't worry they just announce the Vision strategy today. Bet it will be as successful and quick as the Nextel integration.
    10-10-11 08:29 AM
    I hope not cuz i was looking into getting one... I know the only phone issue i had was when the bb pearl come out for sprint and you could not do pick mail .... That was no fun
    10-10-11 05:53 PM
    My sprint iPhone 4s was stolen- they are getting stolen all over the place in nyc
    12-12-11 01:22 PM
    If you have good reception it's not really an issue. However in parts of the bay area, Sprint reception has gotten worse... Phone often switches to "Searching for CDMA" randomly throughout the day, which will basically drop a call...
    12-12-11 05:19 PM
    Sprint is rocking it in Dallas. Have you guys looked at http://network.sprint.com? In my area there has been MANY data capacity upgrades made to towers in the last 6 months with more planned. I started to notice a difference in speeds and signal strength about 3 months ago.

And now they are first to release an official OS 7.1.
    12-16-11 12:46 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD