Sprint called me today and advised me that I roam too much. She said I can port my number and they will waive my cancellation fee. She said I can use 750 minutes (half on my anytime minutes) for roaming and they will be monitoring it. And the 750 includes night and weekend and mobile to mobile. What should I do?
    11-24-09 08:39 PM
    Does your contract specify how you can use your minutes (i.e. how many can be "roaming") or are they imposing these terms on you mid-contract? I've never been a big fan of Sprint, so I agree with BerryWriter, maybe you're better off porting over to another carrier...one that has a map for that.
    11-24-09 09:01 PM
    lol yes a map for that haha I love it. Verizon is everywhere here and I know they are a great company, its just that they are $100 more expensive per month. I am going to try retention at Sprint see if they will give me a new phone if I stay. I have had 3 of the 8330's that they have replaced and I have had atleast 5 people sign up for service....
    11-24-09 09:04 PM
    Sprint called me today and advised me that I roam too much. She said I can port my number and they will waive my cancellation fee. She said I can use 750 minutes (half on my anytime minutes) for roaming and they will be monitoring it. And the 750 includes night and weekend and mobile to mobile. What should I do?

Dont know what plan you are on but on my plan I have free roaming have you asked the reps to look into a better plan for you
    11-24-09 09:06 PM
    I don't think you understand Sprint call.

They don't want you to stay. They want you to leave because you are costing them more due to roaming. You are like a big eater at a buffet restaurant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by leskchan; 11-24-09 at 09:18 PM.
    11-24-09 09:09 PM
    Dont know what plan you are on but on my plan I have free roaming have you asked the reps to look into a better plan for you
    Even if your plan includes roaming you can still only roam so much. All of the plans aside from the Basic 200 include roaming. So unless you're grandfathered in on an old plan then odds are you have roaming.

That's not the point at all. The point is if you roam a majority of the time, Sprint's not making money off of you, you are then costing Sprint money. Because they're having to pay for you to use Verizon's tower's on a constant basis.
    11-24-09 09:48 PM
    Even if your plan includes roaming you can still only roam so much. All of the plans aside from the Basic 200 include roaming. So unless you're grandfathered in on an old plan then odds are you have roaming.

That's not the point at all. The point is if you roam a majority of the time, Sprint's not making money off of you, you are then costing Sprint money. Because they're having to pay for you to use Verizon's tower's on a constant basis.
    I have been useing anywhere from 650-900 minutes a month on roam and have been for about 2 yrs never once have I been charged my plan states free unlimited roaming. Maybe it is because im on a busines plan but I have never paid any roam fees
    11-24-09 09:56 PM
    You are not getting the message. Sprint doesn't want you to pay for roaming. They just want to leave. They are willing to waive your ETF. Take the offer and save your phone number. They can cancel you at will and you will loose your number.

11-24-09 10:06 PM
    If you roam more than 50% of whatever plan you have, they'll ask you leave. That's basically their threshold for voice roaming. I've also been told they'll charge you if you continue to do it. Roaming is not unlimited. And I think it's stated pretty clearly in the "Any Mobile Any Time" plan that if you're roaming, the minutes will still count against you.

If you've been flagged for it once, you might just want to price out some other carriers. Sprint will probably be watching you pretty closely now.
    11-24-09 10:14 PM
    lol yes a map for that haha I love it. Verizon is everywhere here and I know they are a great company, its just that they are $100 more expensive per month. I am going to try retention at Sprint see if they will give me a new phone if I stay. I have had 3 of the 8330's that they have replaced and I have had atleast 5 people sign up for service....
    They don't care about any of that. Sprint pays other providers to roam on their towers. If you are constantly roaming you are costing Sprint money. They are not going to give you a new phone to stay. If you pull that that with them I bet by the end of next week your account is canceled.
    11-25-09 01:13 AM
    In other words, they say "we don't want you any more", and your reply will be "I know you don't want me, but how about if you give me free stuff to stay"...
    Good luck with that.
    11-25-09 04:20 AM
    It's not just the cost factor. You are in an area not covered much by sprint. Your data is slow, texts faulty, calls scratchy, whatever, it's all going to be blamed on sprint when in fact it's your roaming provider.
    You're paying for sprint service, but over half is being provided by someone who doesn't owe you a thing in regards to customer service. So from a support standpoint you become a problem. If you're roaming that much a month, any issues you may have will not be resolved by sprint, since they're occurring on a provider whoms service you're only borrowing.

I love my sprint phones and plan, but it'd probably suit you best to move to a carrier (verizon) that covers you better.

Or, if most of this is happening at home, insist on a sprint rave. And no monthly fee's neither!
    11-25-09 08:08 AM
    Calls won't be scratchy as the op prob getd good cooverage, roaming but good cooverage.
    He is roaming off of vzw so that's the issue.
    It is clearly stated in your contract that you signed if you use to many roaming minutes you violate your contract.
    Since you broke the contract you would be subject to pay the ETF and they would shut you off.
    Don't take this call from sprint the wrong way, they are trying to help before it gets escilated to something you won't like.
    Just take your number and port it to a diff provider and take the get out of contract free card.
    On average vzw is about fourty to fifty dollars more than a lot of sprint plans not 100.

11-25-09 09:28 AM
    Keep in mind the max is 50% of your USED minutes.

So if you have a 1000 min plan, only use 800, then you cannot have more than 400 mins of roaming.

I know, pretty stupid!
    11-25-09 09:36 AM
    Sprint is basically showing you the front door, and you think you could walk out with free perks? That's like I'm on the verge of being evicted , so let me see if the landlord could pay for the three months security at my next house. lol@this forum. Please keep us updated with this.
    11-25-09 10:01 AM
    No, you don't have free, unlimited roaming. Read your contract more closely.

To the OP, if you make a lot of calls at home, just get an Airave. Sprint normally charged $4.95 a month for the service and none of your calls from home with be roaming.
    11-25-09 11:03 AM
    No, you don't have free, unlimited roaming. Read your contract more closely.

To the OP, if you make a lot of calls at home, just get an Airave. Sprint normally charged $4.95 a month for the service and none of your calls from home with be roaming.
    Read my contract and done one better called sprint cs, my plan includeds free roaming as im on a business plan with 7 lines of service. per sprint as i travel all over the U.S. I do not get charged for raoming fees granted my bill is higher than most but its worth the extra to me to not pay roaming fees
    11-25-09 11:22 AM
    Read my contract and done one better called sprint cs, my plan includeds free roaming as im on a business plan with 7 lines of service. per sprint as i travel all over the U.S. I do not get charged for raoming fees granted my bill is higher than most but its worth the extra to me to not pay roaming fees
    Try again. You're still wrong.
    11-25-09 11:28 AM
    No need to try again. I know what I was told havent paid any roaming fees in yrs .and still dont I didnt come here to get into a pissing match with anyone just stateing what i was told. Good day
    11-25-09 11:36 AM
    While Sprint offers roaming coverage it should be in their terms of service that if you your phone in an area that is not on their own towers majority of the time they can terminate your service with them. I would get Sprint where I live, the only problem is there service works off the Verizon tower. No Sprint towers in the area, which they will not even activate me. I believe all the carries do this. I know AT&T has this same policy.
    11-25-09 11:37 AM
    From the Sprint ToS webpage.

Off-network Roaming on Sprint Phones: Not available with single-band phones, or to customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming. International calling, including in Canada and Mexico, is not included in plans with no roaming charges. Roaming usage may be invoiced after 30-60 days. Data services and certain calling features (Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.) may not be available in all roaming areas.

Roaming
    "Roaming" typically refers to coverage on another carrier's network that we make available to you based on our agreements with other carriers. These agreements may change from time to time and roaming coverage is subject to change. Your ability to receive roaming coverage depends on the radio transmissions your Device can pick up. You can pick up roaming coverage both within and outside our network coverage areas. Your Device will generally indicate when you're roaming. Depending on your Services, separate charges or limits on the amount of minutes used while roaming may apply. Certain Services may not be available or work the same when roaming (including data Services, voicemail, call waiting, etc.).

Terms & Conditions
    Last edited by sandy_dfw; 11-25-09 at 12:31 PM.
    11-25-09 12:28 PM
    I asked about the airave and they told me "it only boosts signal you will still be roaming" so im leaving everything as is, and although Sprint plans are great and cheap, I will go to Verizon. I have had them in the past and they were good to me. So I will take my deposit back as well as the way out of the ETF. bye bye Sprint! Thanks for the referral $$!
    11-27-09 07:58 PM
    I am going to try retention at Sprint see if they will give me a new phone if I stay. I have had 3 of the 8330's that they have replaced and I have had atleast 5 people sign up for service....
    ^^^ The real motive.

Have fun overpaying on VZW.
    11-27-09 08:05 PM
    No need to try again. I know what I was told havent paid any roaming fees in yrs .and still dont I didnt come here to get into a pissing match with anyone just stateing what i was told. Good day

Yes you like most of us don't pay for roaming. BUT if you roam too much then you're still going to be asked politely to leave because you're COSTING Sprint money, not MAKING them $
    11-27-09 10:02 PM
    Yes you like most of us don't pay for roaming. BUT if you roam too much then you're still going to be asked politely to leave because you're COSTING Sprint money, not MAKING them $
    Shhh. She's what we call "blissfully ignorant."
    11-27-09 10:15 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD