I have had PDA phones with Sprint and while it is transmitting data the calls go directly to voicemail... is this the same with a BB with Sprint or can users get calls while it is transmitting emails and or can you receive emails while you are on the phone?
    03-17-08 08:44 PM
    I have had PDA phones with Sprint and while it is transmitting data the calls go directly to voicemail... is this the same with a BB with Sprint or can users get calls while it is transmitting emails and or can you receive emails while you are on the phone?
    The transmitter/reciever for voice calls takes priority over e-mails or any data transfer programs at all times. The best thing about the BB is that when using PAM, or Tele-nav or any other program that requires data; if you recieve a call it pauses the data transfer, not severing it like Windows Mobile or Palm devices. It then picks up the data right where it left off. I doubt this happens when connected to a wi-fi spot on a GSM device because a different radio is used. On all CDMA EVDO devices, the web and phone use the same radio, which is why this happens with other PDAs and phones.
    03-17-08 09:06 PM
    So on the Sprint network if you are using PAM and connected your BB will ring and hang up your data connection?
    03-17-08 09:15 PM
    I think what King21 was saying is that your data is put on "Hold" until you finish your voice call, then it will resume the data transfer when you end the call.
    03-17-08 11:20 PM
    King21 is correct, your data connection will pause until your call is over

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 11:40 PM
    When using PAM on a BB it just pauses your connection.

Palm, and Windows Mo devices will not allow any calls while data transfer is in progress.

Sorry for the long explanation!

God I love my BB!
    03-18-08 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD