From this post:

I just took my Tour in to my local Sprint Store for the left/right trackball problem. A few note:

1.) Sprint is aware of the problem. There was a note in the computer that trackball issues have been reported in the field with the 9630. Sprint is "working with the vendor" on the cause and resolution. Until then, normal protocol and exchange procedures are to be followed.

2.) The repair technician decided to repair by replacing the trackball. He replaced it with a Curve/Pearl white trackball and it worked flawlessly. Unfortunately, he botched the re-assembly and created speaker problems. As such, they did an exchange. No trackball problem, but SIM device is locked (which it shouldn't be on Sprint.) This one was made in Mexico for those who care.

3.) Strangely, this new Tour boots faster... the clock spins faster while booting and it takes less time.
    I also remember seeing something similar regarding Sprint in another post, although unfortunately I can't find it now.

Can any VZW reps chime in on this? Have you guys been made aware of issues with trackballs on the Tour from e-mails or bulletins or whatever?
    08-06-09 08:00 AM
    From this post:

I also remember seeing something similar regarding Sprint in another post, although unfortunately I can't find it now.

Can any VZW reps chime in on this? Have you guys been made aware of issues with trackballs on the Tour from e-mails or bulletins or whatever?
    Nothing today or recently that I can recall, besides optonline being a pain in my @ss all day no new notifications.
    08-06-09 08:03 AM
    All carriers are aware that the Tour is a load of diaper filler. BlackBerry fans haven't caught on yet & AT&T is laughing all the way to the iPhone Bank.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 03:50 PM
    I am a Verizon BB tech, and I personally have the tour. I just replaced mine because of trackball. It hasn't been posted yet, but I will make sure I start spreading word tomorrow
    08-06-09 07:15 PM
    Someone mentioned Canada 1 build was issue, and Mexico 5 was fine, but my defective trackball was a Mexico 5. My current one is working, and it is Canada 1
    08-06-09 07:17 PM
    Both the wife and I have had tours since day one - Neither of us has has a track ball issue. I tech devices all day, and I have not gotten one call about it.
    08-06-09 07:18 PM
    Likewise Lastraid, no problems on my end either...
    08-06-09 07:19 PM
    what trackball issue? I've had the tour since about a week after it came out, trackball is perfect.
    08-06-09 07:22 PM
    I am a Verizon BB tech, and I personally have the tour. I just replaced mine because of trackball. It hasn't been posted yet, but I will make sure I start spreading word tomorrow
    That would be great. The more techs that are aware of it the better. Did your new phone work better?

And can someone explain to me the 30-day exchange policy? I've read that the system only allows ONE 30-day exchange per customer. This will be my second exchange, so does that mean that I'll get a refurbed unit even though I'm still within my 30 days?
    08-07-09 07:52 AM
    Storms dont have this issue.
    08-07-09 08:16 AM
    Storms dont have this issue.
    Lol. True, its just got a whole basket of other issues.

08-07-09 08:20 AM
    Lol. True, its just got a whole basket of other issues.

wheelbarrow is more accurate
    08-07-09 09:02 AM
    Hey my Storm works great. I think its your fault it had issues.
    08-07-09 10:44 AM
    The Storm is far superior.
    08-07-09 10:44 AM
    my storm works fine, but there are def a bunch of bugs
    08-07-09 10:55 AM
    The wife and I both have Tours...she says she has a trackball problem...my back cover isn't snug...
    08-07-09 11:08 AM
    Guys, enough about the Storm vs. Tour bashing. They both have their strengths and their weaknesses...

Anyways, can someone answer this question I had in the last page:

Can someone explain to me the 30-day exchange policy? I've read that the system only allows ONE 30-day exchange per customer. This will be my second exchange, so does that mean that I'll get a refurbed unit even though I'm still within my 30 days?
    08-07-09 12:00 PM
    No you can only change your phone to a different phone once per 30 days. If the phone is defective it's covered under DOA.
    08-07-09 01:28 PM
    I got my Tour the first week. Trackball and everything else is okay. My Storm is working great as well... at least today it is!
    08-07-09 01:36 PM
    No you can only change your phone to a different phone once per 30 days. If the phone is defective it's covered under DOA.
    So, I would get a refurbed?
    08-07-09 01:38 PM
    So, I would get a refurbed?
    DOA is a brand new phone.

08-08-09 01:33 AM
    I just exchanged my tour at my local Verizon store last night, and she mentioned that she's never heard of the Tour trackball problems until she saw mine. Seemed odd to me with all the complaints I've been reading here.
    08-08-09 05:44 AM
    I wasn't looking to exchange my phone to another one... just replace my current Tour due to trackball problems. I've had one exchange already, so I was hoping that I'd get a new one still. When I went into the store today, he ordered me one (instead of giving me one from the store, which annoyed me) so now I have to wait for it to come. Hopefully my third Tour's a charm, because this is really annoying me.
    08-08-09 11:09 AM
    Nothing today or recently that I can recall, besides optonline being a pain in my @ss all day no new notifications.
    At least its being a pain in your @ss too... I'm about tired of removing and re-adding emails myself.

As for the trackball... no official notifications but I've heard that a lot of replacements have been going on because of it.
    08-08-09 11:12 AM
    Is there any way to tell if I'm getting a new one or a refurbed? The tech at the store ordered me one via replacement. I asked if it would be new or refurbed, and he said "It should be new because we don't have any refurbished ones yet."

I have the receipt on me. Anything I can look for on there to give me clues as to what I'm getting?
    08-08-09 11:29 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD